Sign in to follow this  
nu_matik

Villa splash more cash...

Villa have apparently put bids in for De Laet, James Chester and Mile Jedinak.

If Villa are ''a work in progress'' as Di Matteo has put it, it looks like it might be some time before they settle in. Not sure any of these signings are hugely exciting, even at this level. De Laet did well for Leicester but what would would you all prefer? Spending money on okay players that take time to gel (or not), or save the money for later and use the well gelled team we have?

They''ve already bought Jedinak and Chester. Their owner has said promotion was their one and only plan for this season. If things don''t pick up, I''d imagine their owner getting itchy and getting rid of Di Matteo. All of which bodes well for us.

As you can tell, I haven''t watched any Villa, nor have I even really read much overall championship news. I only have time to follow city but my question still stands.... do we stick or twist. We will obviously see one striker at least... I personally hope we don''t just buy for the sake of it. I still belive we aren''t that kinda of club that Villa have turned into. I hope.

Don''t worry about them ... they''ll just chuck money at it until they get back up. Why bother earning something if you can buy it?

They have become another soulless toy of an ego mad billionaire.

They will just chuck money at it and so will Newcastle. I really hope they live to regret it. Seeing all this cash being spent does make me edge a bit close to the ''get your wallet out and get a decent striker'' camp. I hope our patience pays off.

Villa obviously more ambitious and hungry for premier league football than we are, we will never be able to compete at any level while the club is run like a dolls house and fawning sycophants are found jobs so the status quo of underachievement is never challenged.

Well you should care, cos they''re in the same division as us you utter plank.

I understand McCormack was asking for wages in the bracket of the top Premiership players, good luck to Villa, if they are willing to pay that they had better get promotion at the first attempt. 

Oh yer good point 💩☺.

Yer they are in the same division as us, but I couldn''t give 2 shits if they spent £400k or £4m to be honest.

Why is someone an utter plank for not giving 2 s**ts about another football team in the league?

I hope villa do a Portsmouth which I think they will.

STFU take you own name as the advice 👍

Come on you daft trolls. This is a thread about our league, about how behave in the transfer window and how you might prefer your team to act compare to our rivals. Not an excuse to bad mouth other posters and behave like a mouthy unintelligent prat.

It''s completely relevant to ask questions about other teams if it involves a comparison with us. If you don''t like it, don''t respond. Cheers