Sign in to follow this  
Darth Vadis

Sergi Canos

Both Murphys are still young and we would be insane to lose either of them at their age. Both have demonstrated their ability to perform for Norwich and they will only get better. Canos however looks a fine player, his pace and vigour are a powerful weapon in this league, he hopefully will forge a constant place in the starting eleven.

Given AN''s comments on Pritchard missing large chunk of pre-season with Tottenhem no way he will be able to start on Sunday.

My comment about Canos being better from the bench were in the context of the whole season but will be interesting to see if he can start on Sunday given his apparent lack of match fitness in the first couple of games this season.

Two things worth noting.

Canos is relaxed, he''s 19 and just madea £2.5million move to a club that wants him. He''s got a couple of years on the Murphy''s so has the time to develop.

I suspect that both Murphy''s know this could be their make or break season. They know that their best shot at top flight football right now is to perform for us, play well, get new contracts etc. They are under so much more pressure. People need to give them a chance and get behind them. At 21 they are still young but now is their time to push on.

I totally agree chicken, despite his younger age Canos certainly has more blooding at a higher level, and let''s be fair and said that Jacob has always looked a bit better than Josh.

We''re in a position where we have a deep squad with regards to the number of midfielders, no point rushing the likes of Pritchard (and to begin with Brady) into the squad if they aren''t fully fit. We''d rather they miss a game or two than a lot more by overpushing players. It''s a long season, and the Murphy''s and Canos will all get chances to show what they can do and play part of our campaign.

I don''t think Murphy played that badly last night from what I''ve seen/heard, but failed to beat the full-back often enough as an out and out winger. Canos came on against a tiring defence and impressed. AN will choose who he believes is the better option at the weekend, but I agree I wouldn''t be surprised if it was Canos this time around. We do need to support The Murphy''s development as they can still come good, they are still very young in the scheme of things.

Common consensus has been that Josh is ahead of Jacob.

Supported by Josh only ever having played at Championship or above, while Jacob has been playing more in the lower leagues and 9 games in the Championship for Blackpool. And it was Josh who Neil Adams brought into games in the Premier League.

I felt Jacob got his chance this season more due to the fact he has played more on the right rather than the left like Josh.

Apologies Bethnal, I got my Murphy''s in a twist. Now, that does sound painful...

Josh has got to protect the ball better.

I would also say he could up his work rate a bit.

[quote user="GJP"]Josh has got to protect the ball better.

I would also say he could up his work rate a bit.[/quote]I agree with this. I''ve been disappointed with Josh over the last two games. He seems very lightweight and doesn''t do much to win the ball. Shows occasional flashes of class with the ball at his feet but that''s not very often. Canos on the other hand really got stuck in, was fighting for everything and also looked dangerous with the ball. Josh has much to learn from him.

What impressed me about Jacob vs Blackburn was how solid on the ball he looked (admittedly I only saw the highlights).  For the goal he was under pressure and was still able to do a clever turn away to create space for this shot.  I''ve always felt this was a weakness with Redmond.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I lean towards starting Canos on sunday , but Josh is still in the running... A Norwich lad will always do his best to perform against the scUm...! At least...well you know...

Providing he plays, Canos could well be the match-winner on Sunday. I sense he''s like a coiled spring waiting to show his talent. Playing in the electric atmosphere of a derby game is what he came here for...

lappinitup wrote:

''''I agree with this. I''ve been disappointed with Josh over the last two games. He seems very lightweight''''

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ahah! Finally, somebody who actually knows how much the players weigh!

Could you tell us how much Josh Murphy weighs and detail how that compares to his nearest rivals?

Thanking you in anticipation. (Y)

:)

I wonder how much Holty weighed when he was here - he was certainly steady on his feet.

Oh what we''d do to have him back here in his prime - one of our problems up top is that we''ve never really replaced Holt.

Holty was a unique player, we could go the rest of our lives without properly replacing him!

Although he certainly was a big chap! Hopefully Lappinitup will be able to tell everyone just how much he weighed when he was with us?

I''d play Canos over both of the Murphy''s absolutely any day... Yes the Murphys are our own youth products and we all want them to do well. But quite frankly Canos will be by far the most influential of the three this season i''m sure.

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]Holty was a unique player, we could go the rest of our lives without properly replacing him!

Although he certainly was a big chap! Hopefully Lappinitup will be able to tell everyone just how much he weighed when he was with us?[/quote]

Why are you trying to be a smart-arse? It was clear to see that Josh is far too easily pushed off the ball compared to similar players at a similar age. Canos is 19 and looked a lot stronger on the ball.

If Josh Murphy appears too easy to push off the ball, it is not necessarily a fault in his technique or strength, it is more a case of him trying to be too careful.  He needs a game like his brother had - away from home where the atmosphere may not be so intense and where he can have a good go at it (like he did a couple of seasons ago at Blackpool, where he scored a super goal).  He needs a bit of  leeway to find his confidence - and he did do some good work against Bristol as well as look a bit uncertain at times.  He will get better.   Canos though, already looks the real deal and as much as I want to see Josh and Jacob improve and settle into the first team this season, this guy looks a class act and he did the moment he stepped on to the field against Bristol.