Sign in to follow this  
Darth Vadis

Sergi Canos

Looked very bright when he came on. Surely has to start against Ipswich?

Not too sure what was wrong with Murphy, low confidence?

Partly low on confidence, partly not actually very good - constantly on his heels and very reactive. Fans liking him to Redmond were way wide of the mark IMO. Will be interesting to see where Jacob fits in when he is back up to speed.

Canos impressed, Brady will want pushing forward again when Olsson returns and Pritchard will also be a big player for us when he gets going IMO. Can''t see either Murphy cementing a regular starting place, perhaps a loan for Josh?

Canos seemed to have more about him than Josh did, which is a shame in many ways, as it would be great to see someone come through our youth system and succeed.

I''m led to believe that Josh spent all of last season either playing on the left or off the striker, not on the right. This is why Jacob was initially preferred during pre-season and against Blackburn.

Some players adapt to a change of position better than others but it''s fairly clear he''s not comfortable on the right. I wouldn''t write him off after a couple of games though, although he''s relatively new to us, he has more experience at this level than people are giving him credit for.

Glad to hear he made a good impression.

Bit of a shame so many of our fans seem to want to write off Josh Murphy after a couple of performances though. Give the lad a decent chance.

Let''s not get too harsh on josh, he is still young and still a great talent. His incisive pass into Wes to set the goal up was strong. Would agree canos looked well up for it tho.

Sorry King, but think it''s pretty obvious Josh won''t be starting on Sunday, AN subbing him off after 60 mins for Canos is a clear sign of that. And with Pritchard, Canos and Brady all soon to be competing alongside Hoolahan and Naismith for 3 available positions I just don''t see where Josh fits in. Jacob looked good against Blackburn but still only see him as a bit part player.

I''m not writing Josh off permanently, but think he will fall out of favour this season and needs game time. Would expect one of Maddison and the Murphys to go out on loan.

Long season ahead, and even after two matches we''ve had a fair few injuries to contend with. Nobody has even mentioned James Maddison, who looked quality in pre-season! We have so many attacking options it''s unreal, there''s no way we''ll be able to keep them all happy.On tonight''s performance, Canos looks a lot better than Josh and must start on Sunday unless Pritchard is fully fit (unlikely). Someone used the word ''reactive'' to describe Josh, and from what we''ve seen in the last two games I''d agree with that assessment. Canos, on the other hand, looked proactive from the minute he came on - happy to run at people, good technique and skill, a couple of excellent lay-offs... and most impressively, a real physical presence. Ran his backside off, got some tackles in, muscled people off the ball and looked like a real threat.

I wouldn''t write off Josh.

But he doesn''t look as impressive as Canos or as Redmond did.

Tbh I think Canos is a great little player and could well have been first choice this season but for his lack of pre-season - it''s a real shame that Jacob took his opportunity but then got injured. Josh was well off the pace for some reason on Saturday (I was of the opinion that Olsson''s injury knocked us and caused most of our issues vs Weds) and it was a little surprising that he got the nod today but credit to AN that he was given a chance.

Jo Murphy to me looks like a young player who really, really doesn''t want to make a mistake. You see the same body language in players from the very top down to the lowly level I''ve played at.

Case in point for the attack after we went a goal up, when Naismith fired high at the keeper. You would expect your opposite wing forward to be blowing a gasket to get to the back post, but he wasn''t looking for it.

It probably doesn''t help that his twin brother scored a worldy in the first game. Not a write off by any means, but he wouldn''t currently be in my first XI for a derby game.

Canos looked bright going forward & covered well when defending - wasn''t expecting that. Josh looked on a different wavelength to his team mates & was our weakest link. Shame. When Pritchard & Jacob return he''ll struggle to get a game. Maddison too - we''ve got some great talent...

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Really impressed with Canos, stronger than i expected, exciting on the ball, expect him to start on Sunday, sorry Josh, looks like another season out on loan for you.[/quote]

Canos was excellent from the moment he came on.  Josh I thought did better last night than on Saturday.  He does seem to be switched off a bit a times though - could be he''s still finding his feet and looks as if he needs a confidence boost. 

If Josh wasn''t ''one of our own'' people would be giving him a much harder time but as on Saturday he looked really out of sorts again last night - low on confidence and ideas and slow to read the game - Canos on the other hand was bright, exciting and not afraid to run at opponents (and a great touch) - sorry Josh but you won''t get much of a look in once this guy settles in to the team.

Josh needs a similar loan to his brother, to a top league one team so he can learn how to play on the front foot and break down organised defences.

Playing for us this year will be totally different to playing for MK Dons last year, who would have had so much more space to attack in and who tended to run the ball upfield instead of pass it like we do.

Canos looked very good, more eager, skillful and physical than Josh. I think he''s the same age as Redmond was when we first brought him in? He looks more direct and much more strong than Redmond did at that age. Gonna be a hell of a player that''s for sure!

Canos'' debut mirrored what we had been learnt from Brentford supporters etc - skill, surprising strength for a young lad, and infectious enthusiasm to see the team do well whilst entertaining the Carrow Rd faithful. Because of these attributes, I suspect he may well be our man of the match this coming Sunday lunchtime.

Alex;

Canos'' debut mirrored what we had been learnt from Brentford supporters etc - skill, surprising strength for a young lad, and infectious enthusiasm to see the team do well whilst entertaining the Carrow Rd faithful. Because of these attributes, I suspect he may well be our man of the match this coming Sunday lunchtime.

And the latest to get his first goal against the scum ? I have this feeling he will score if he starts on Sunday, the boy wants to play......

Canos had a good start, but no way could he keep those energy levels up for more than 20-30 mins.

Was just what was needed last night to help keep Bristol City back in their area but definitely benefited from having fresh legs against a tiring defence and a team that needed to be more adventurous.

He may continue to be best as an option from the bench.

They will all benefit from the competition.

Jacob was criticised here after his early substitution against Hannover and came back the next week with the performance like a player that we couldn''t afford to buy.

Josh was excellent pre-season but needs to transfer that form into league games.

Canos has been introduced gradually and that will protect him against people expecting too much from him.

Gordon, just what I said on the Ipswich thread mate 😉. I''ll be checking the odds for him to score anytime on Sunday for sure, I have that some feeling buddy 👍

And I hear you Bethnal, and agree, I''m not sure it''s physically possible even at peak fitness to keep those levels up for 90 minutes. The adrenalin will possibly get him through the majority of the derby game as you''d really expect him to start now.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Canos had a good start, but no way could he keep those energy levels up for more than 20-30 mins.

Was just what was needed last night to help keep Bristol City back in their area but definitely benefited from having fresh legs against a tiring defence and a team that needed to be more adventurous.

He may continue to be best as an option from the bench.[/quote]

No way. He needs to start, played 20 odd games for Brentford last season. The boys ready, and currently the best option in his postion.

Josh Murphy will benefit from some cameo sub appearances to get his confidence up.

Given that we have 3 young wingers all with bags of potential, hopefully all three can push each other on.

Josh certainly wasn''t as good as we know he can be and Canos was superb in his time on the pitch, both worked well with the ever improving Pinto.

Thought Wes was superb and Tettey was indeed MOM.