Sign in to follow this  
Jools

McGovern to Stay Betwixt the Sticks

I don''t think he''s done anything better or worse than Ruddy really.

- Ruddy''s kicking has been awful of late, but usually I''d say it''s stronger than what I''ve seen of McGovern''s and the former is definitely more confident looking short with his feet IMO

- I also do think there have been a couple of crosses Ruddy would have claimed that McGovern didn''t but nothing at all major

- Hard to say on shot-stopping, McGovern not really been tested yet

I''d normally say keep him in and see how he does, but the Ipswich game is a huge test and I wouldn''t be at all surprised to see Alex Neil throw Ruddy back in - if fit. This does seem a bit harsh on McGovern, but Ruddy has more experience in this type of game and I believe the no. 1 spot to still be his to lose this season.

If Ruddy isn''t fully fit he won''t be risked as McGovern is more than capable, I expect him to start.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]McGovern''s been perfectly OK - two clean sheets prove that. For the intensity of a local derby I wouldn''t be surprised to see Ruddy recalled...[/quote]

McGovern has played in the European Championships so I honestly don''t think Norwich v Ipswich will bother him.

if he is playing well keeping clean sheets why drop him for Ruddy ?

lets play form players this season not drop players doing well for old favorites