Sign in to follow this  
Surfbird

Mbokani

Mbokani is still in Norwich and says he wants to play in England. We should go for him - he would be formidable in the Championship. We should try and do a deal.

Dieumerci Mbokani has said that he is interested in returning to England this summer.

Mbokani spent last season on loan at Norwich in the Premier League, and is now eyeing up a move back to England.

He is currently playing for Dynamo Kiev in Ukraine, but is heavily expected to leave the club this summer.

Speaking to Voetbal Krant, Mbokani said this: "With a good offer , I would leave. There was already interest from several leagues , but I want most of all back to England."

Mbokani did have a clause in his Norwich loan that enabled the club

to sign him for a set fee, which wasn’t exercised. However, they may now

feel they can get him for a cut-price fee with Kiev wanting to sell the

forward.

The Congolese striker only started 14 Premier League

matches for Norwich last season, but was able to score seven goals.

Mbokani was Norwich’s top goalscorer, and would be a welcome addition to

Norwich’s squad this season.

Alex Neil is on the lookout for a new number nine, but could he go

and bring back last season’s number nine? This remains to be seen…

http://readnorwich.com/2016/08/17/mbokani-keen-on-england-return/

He''s a better centre forward than McCormack and would be a handful in the Champs, but I suspect out of our budget even if he was free.

Suspect there might be the likes of Hull and Burnley that might fancy a punt at him, or even West Brom maybe

The read Norwich website is full of regurgitated shyte and click bait ads - almost as crap as Vital Norwich - recycling rumours from twatter

[quote user="King Klose"]I know it won''t happen but I''d love him back. He''d be brilliant in the Championship.[/quote]

👍

I don''t quite understand this argument that we ''couldn''t afford his wages''. If we had 12m available to spend on McCormack (plus whatever wages we were going to pay him), then where''s the difficulty in signing Mbokani or a similar player on 60k or whatever it is a week? No transfer fee involved so that would cost us just over 3m - which at the rate decent strikers are going for would be an absolute steal!

He said he wouldn''t drop down to the champ with us. AN also said he''s looking for younger but proven players. If Mbok was the answer we would have signed him by now

[quote user="AJ"]He said he wouldn''t drop down to the champ with us. AN also said he''s looking for younger but proven players. If Mbok was the answer we would have signed him by now[/quote]
In which case why has he made his interest in 31 year old N''Doye public? Really demonstrates the struggle on our hands.

I reckon Neil''s a pragmatic manager. If he can sign a player who improves our chances of getting straight back to the Prem., & doesn''t cost too much, he''ll sign him.

Lot of factors to consider though. And the player''s got to want to be here. There may yet be surprises in store.

andyc24_uk wrote:

''''I don''t quite understand this argument that we ''couldn''t afford his wages''. If we had 12m available to spend on McCormack (plus whatever wages we were going to pay him), then where''s the difficulty in signing Mbokani or a similar player on 60k or whatever it is a week? No transfer fee involved so that would cost us just over 3m - which at the rate decent strikers are going for would be an absolute steal!''''

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A significant raise in our wage ceiling would result in our other top players demanding equal/proportional raises, eventually. Raising the average wage across the whole club. Some players even have clauses in their contracts that state they must always be on par with the highest paid player at the club, so that''s just not going to an option unfortunately.

Perhaps we could tempt Mbokani with a huge signing on fee? If Kiev are getting desperate to sell towards the end of the window... £5-7m transfer fee, £2m signing on fee and £30k wages... Possible?

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]Some players even have clauses in their contracts that state they must always be on par with the highest paid player at the club[/quote]Ahah!  Finally, somebody who''s actually seen the players contracts. Could you tell us how much Jonny Howson earns per week and details of all his bonus payments?Thanking you in anticipation. [Y]

He''s supposedly on £80k there so obvs we won''t pay that. If we could get them to rip his deal up and we pay him say £40k on a 3 year deal with significant bonus upon promotion then it could be viable. It then depends on whether he would be willing to drop to the championship. He may have better offers on the table.

Lappinitup wrote:

''''Ahah! Finally, somebody who''s actually seen the players contracts.

Could you tell us how much Jonny Howson earns per week and details of all his bonus payments?

Thanking you in anticipation. Yes [Y]''''

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, I tried to look online for Howson''s wage and bonus details but there were no results. :/

I also tried looking online for details on my initial comment you attempted humour at. Funnily enough there were several results, perhaps you should educate yourself, they''re called ''highest earner clauses''. [Y]

I''m not really sure you quite understand how sarcasm works... it may seem strange to you, but when somebody states a single, common-knowledge fact on a topic, it doesn''t mean they know every meticulous detail about said topic. Furthermore, using such an assumption as a basis for sarcasm is actually quite silly.

Hope you get it :)

The likes of Newcastle, QPR & Villa can afford him yet show no interest [:|]

Clearly being touted around at the mo, if there''s no top flight takers I guess he could end up with us but IMO we need to sort something rather than waiting, with the risk it comes to nothing. Tbh I''m not sure he really proved himself in the PL (but could be excellent in the Champs) and Europe could well be where he ends up.

That''s a shame if he joins them Ron - would love to see Mbokani back here, such great technique, he''d be the best striker in the division bar none. I''m sure most City supporters will feel the same way - can only hope for another Huckerby style unveiling despite Mbokani saying he wouldn''t play in the Championship...

Mbok wouldn''t be a bad option if we could afford him and he wanted to be here, I would, however, prefer us to bring in someone young and hungry!

[quote user="ron obvious"]In talks with Besiktas according to twitter:

https://twitter.com/HaberKartali/status/766391926329380864[/quote]The words frying pan and fire comes to mind

An exciting player. Like Wes & Huckerby, I always get the feeling he can pull something special out of the hat. Amazingly deft for such a big bloke, as well as great strength & awareness. I think it was against Southampton in particular where he was fantastic at keeping the ball, even with 3 opponents trying to crowd him out.

Like those two he does need the right players around him, & we are now better provided for in terms of creative support.

When you remember the way he, Wes & Naismith ripped through Liverpool last year then you realise what might have been - with a half decent defence I think we would have won that match & survived last season.

We would need other options - a goalscorer with pace - but he''d still be an asset in the Premiership.

I doubt we''ll get him, but he''s near the top of my wish list!

I would love to see Mbo back here would be phenomenal in the Champs. Package might be difficult forget about a deal where he earns £75-80k he is now 30 and had a relatively unsuccessful loan spell and his club clearly wants to get rid. He needs to lower his wage demands no club is going to give him current deasl.

Kiev wanted £6m last season now in last year of contract £3m ought to get signature. May need 3 year contract to get his signature on £50-60k could be lower with large signing on fee and offer big bonus for promotion and goal scoring.

Norwich won''t be paying in excess of 40k in the Championship surely?

Just seen on SSN that Marouane Chamakh got released by Palace... Is he a good enough cover for Jerome? Enabling us to spend the rest of our money on a pacier alternative i.e Nakhi Wells or someone of that ilk?

After all Chamakh has a similar record to Jerome in the Prem but untested I believe at this level?