Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

from tonights evening news

Norwich City transfer rumours: Fulham track Sebastien Bassong

Have to say tracking him will be difficult, no one ever knows where he is on the field of play! Least of all HIM.

HOPE ITS TRUE

He has as many bad days as he has good days,not his biggest fan.

It''s reported Fulham want him in a free. Even allowing for the wage free up benefit, surely he''s worth something?

Shame we couldn''t have offered them in part exchange for MC. We''d have got MC (a striker!!!!) for what we valued him at, and offloaded a past his best defender lol

If it frees up wages to lure an exciting new number 9 then yes ...

BUT

Are we secure with Turner, Martin and a very green French kid as our back ups to Klose and Bennet?

Well we haven''t got the french kid, but I wondered if that would make us a bit keener to secure that one.

Would be nice to land one of the 300 strikers we''ve looked at!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]If it frees up wages to lure an exciting new number 9 then yes ...

BUT

Are we secure with Turner, Martin and a very green French kid as our back ups to Klose and Bennet?[/quote]

No

I recall Alex saying that during the negotiations over the McCormack saga, it was Fulham being unduly difficult which caused the length of the discussions, so why not be difficult back, tell em they can have Turner instead for free or Bassong for 5 mill straight cash.

^This.  Or just tell ''em to bog off, as no we''re not safe with Turner, Martin and a green French kid as back up.

[quote user="im spartacus"]Assombalonga - Bassong no longer... what a headline that would be to read before Sept 1st 👍[/quote]That is brilliant [:D]

They can do one, i would rather carry on paying his high wages ,and see him sit in his ar**. Than go to Fulham after they messed us around with RM.

I would keep him, last time he was out of the squad 14/15 season he went on loan to Watford, he was brilliant for them and was one of the reasons they were sitting up the top part of the table come Christmas, I beleive we recalled the loan in January and we ended up getting promoted and so did Watford. I think he is a good option for us if needed

The reason for the recall was that AN spoke to club captains and the defensive group about the recall. He asked if he could get seb on the right track would they have him back. They all said yes and he is our best defender.

Quite simply we keep him as third choice. Hopefully we get two strikers and the young defender then we can look at exits

If we sign this young French chap Bassong may well be allowed to leave, but probably only on loan as we don''t have a massive amount of CB options - I imagine he''ll be sold at the end of the season if he''s not in AN''s plans.

May as well hang on to him for cover. Turner and Whits should really have departed.