Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Ip5w1ch fans are certainly confident for Sunday...

Me, not so much. I''m absolutely dreading it and can''t help but think they are due one.

Just scouring social media platforms and their forum in a ''HarryFromBath'', they are very bullish about their chances. As per usual they have had plenty of former ''legends'' (Beattie for one, who incidentally looks a definite Paedo) and current players coming out in the press with plenty.

With ourselves, we have been typically more inward and quiet about proceedings, *hopefully* meaning we do our talking on the pitch.

Either way, I can''t wait for it to be over, I never enjoy these games!

I think they''re a little bit worse than last time we met them and we''ve improved some, especially in defence.

I haven''t seen them play since we beat them last time but their squad looks weaker now to me. I started working with a scummer who I''m ashamed to say I get on with quite well a few weeks ago. He tells me that they''re still agricultural with the ball, they like to squeeze the pitch and pump balls into the box but that they''re not as physical as they used to be and don''t press and fight for every ball anymore...In his opinion anyway.

Worst that''ll happen will be a draw I reckon which would be a fair result. A win would be superb because if we beat them at CR in the next fixture we''ll have drawn level with them in the all time fixture!

They always are right before we beat them

Even when we beat them they act as if they''ve won

Weird creatures. Can''t wait to grab the three points and let them go back to their awful lives frankly.

Also this "due one" talk can do one. They don''t deserve anything they''ve got to earn it if they want it.

No idea what they have to be confident about; pretty ordinary start to the season, ordinary squad and several players out.

Apples

A puncher''s chance is right.  Can''t see them getting anything unless they are lucky.  Our defence is quality and our midfield/attacking options will cause them problems the whole match. They would be lucky to scrape a 0-0 draw, but we should be forcing a win.

They''ll have to play well above themselves and we''d have to be significantly below par for them to get anything. They''re shoite.

All these comments set us up for a fall. Which is obviously is intended by a few as they are clearly scummers.

Anyway, it''s a one off Derby game and the onus is on them being the home side, big game for them with the clappers being deployed and without a victory in a long while.

It''s hardly setting ourselves up for a fall to be positive.

Why shouldn''t we be confident of beating them...We have a better team/squad, better start to the season, better manager, better fans.

Cheer up FFS.

Apples

We are certainly as good if not better than when we last played them, whereas they aren''t. We should to be able to go there with confidence and if we play anywhere near our best it will be too much for them, but in derby matches you never quite know what you''re going to get.

This is the highlight of their season and lets be fair they have a free hit !

If they win they will be worshiped and if they lose they never really expected anything else.....

either way its important we remember we have bigger fish to fry this season than beating them !

We are the better team in terms of the quality of our players and squad but its a one off game, a derby game and the fact we have not lost for them for some time troubles me because we all know that sooner or later Along Come Norwich City.

My biggest concern is dealing with their aerial threat because last season we had a tendancy to concede a lot of goals from free headers and we don''t have the biggest team in the champ including quite a small goalkeeper. if I was McCarthy I would be getting the ball down the flanks and getting as many crosses into our box as possible and looking to turn it into a physical battle. I am not 100% sure how well our defence will stand up to that kind of approach as we have not really had to deal with it so far this season.

If its a good "footballing" game then we will win if we play to our capabilities.

I would like to remind the OP that the words we type have actually zero impact on the result. All this ''we are setting ourselves up for a fall stuff'' is beyond silly. Only the boys on the pitch and the gaffer can affect the result.

Personally, I think it will be a very hard fought 1-0 to the canaries. Expect a red card somewhere.

Still concerned re goalkeeper McGovern does not do it for me and I am not a Ruddy lover

Can see a 2-0 or 3-0 nil win for Ipswich

Hope I am way out but will be there while my wife is at Mecca Bingo Ipswich hopefully winning

Strange really as I think McGovern has looked really good in doing what he''s had to do so far. Small doubts over his height and how he may fare against an aerial bombardment but he looked much more competent and decisive than Ruddy has done for a while.

Been trying to get to the bottom of the head to head up to date,Wiki says 45 wins each but I''ve also read that if we win on Sunday it will be 50 each ?

A win for them lot Sunday gives them a short fix, nothing more, weve been dominant for the last 6 or 7 yrs, one result doesnt change that. Anyway. i really dont care, more important is the winning or losing of 3 points, and the 42 games that follow. Also more important for me at this time is for City to get a striker or two in before the window ends, thats far more in need than what happens on SundayGame wont be pretty to watch, never is, but we should have more than enough to grab the points. OTBC

Herman give it a rest its hat.

Get back to your Guardian its also fill of crap

Only thing they''re due is an exit out of the Championship trap door.

I''d be far more nervous if we are the home team. The onus is on them to attack. We all know how we can play away from home under AN in the championship. Expecting a tight game, well contested, but an away win nonetheless.

Absorb a bit of pressure as we''ve done well in recent games and we''ll scare the crap out of them going forward.

I think they''ll hack wes, wouldn''t be surprised if Alex puts mulumbu in to enforce a bit

We''ll be at our best for this game, we''re inconsistent, but most of the time we play well in crunch matches.

If Aguero and Bony (And plenty of other teams for the 10 games Klose played) couldn''t get through Bennett and Klose what hope do Ipsh!t have assuming they play well?

Klose could have played with one leg so far in the games we''ve played and still would have had an easy time. It''s almost laughable that a player of his quality is in this league.

It''s in our hands, all we have to do is be at the races, if we''re on our game nothing Ipswich do will matter. I think we''ll win, worst case a draw...but damn I hope we smash them again!