Sign in to follow this  
Adycakes

No Assombalonga in the Forest team tonight.

[quote user="chicken"]The delay could be a number of things - the most likely is that they will need a replacement for him and are possibly lining one up.[/quote]What they need is a big, lanky Ulsterman with a questionable disciplinary record.

My thoughts precisely Feedthewolf.

We could even give them Turner as well, to pull the cart we send him down there on . . . .

Just watched some of his goals.

What a unit this lad is.

Proper poacher type of striker.

Power, pace and skill.

And seems to frighten defenders to death whe he runs full tilt at them !

He would be a FANTASTIC signing for us if we could get him.

If there is the slightest hint that Assombalonga is for sale, then there will be other clubs in for him as well as us - so any delay in getting him would be down to his agent  and Forest wanting to get the highest offer in, which will inevitably mean this will go down to the final day of the transfer window.  Would we get him under those circumstances?  If Villa or Newcastle are sniffing around, or maybe a lower prem club like Palace, then we would have to be prepared to pay top dollar.  This will go down to the wire and could go over the £10m mark and we still might not get him.  So there is no point in belly-aching about it - if we are after him, or any decent striker for that matter - we will have to be patient. 

[quote user="cypriotcanary"]So we wait until the last minute then get outbid and finish up with nobody.[/quote]

Quite possibly, but that is the way it can go. Blame the system, not the club.  If you want the best, you have to play with the big boys who have more money than us and realise Forest won''t let him go easily or cheaply. Forest fans will not be happy he is being sold and 7 or 8 million will not appease them.  He is going to cost way more than that imo.  Forest hold the cards, we do not. 

Starting to look absolutely suicidal that we sold Hoops, and then let RVW with no replacements in sight.

Can see this going to to the deadline and then us signing someone on loan in panic cuz nothing came off!

[quote user="Samwam27"]Starting to look absolutely suicidal that we sold Hoops, and then let RVW with no replacements in sight.

Can see this going to to the deadline and then us signing someone on loan in panic cuz nothing came off![/quote]

Hoops showed just how ineffective he was on Saturday and as for RVW he never was or ever will be good enough - move on FFS

[quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="Samwam27"]Starting to look absolutely suicidal that we sold Hoops, and then let RVW with no replacements in sight.

Can see this going to to the deadline and then us signing someone on loan in panic cuz nothing came off![/quote]

Hoops showed just how ineffective he was on Saturday and as for RVW he never was or ever will be good enough - move on FFS[/quote]I would take Hooper ahead of that waste of space we call a striker any day of the week .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]I would take Hooper ahead of that waste of space we call a striker any day of the week .[/quote]Say one positive thing. About anything.Go on, I dare you.One positive thing.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Is there a song for Assombalonga?

Presume it''s the old muppets tune

"Mana-mana... Assombalonga"?[/quote]For what it''s worth, I''d like to note that Brit Assombalonga fits perfect into the ''Mister lover lover'' preamble of the Shaggy classic Mr Boombastic.In fact, ever since I had this revelation, I can''t read his name without reading it to that tune in my head. A fact I find funny and annoying in equal measures.

Some forum pages saying Moyes wants him at SUnderland and watched him at the Brentford game this week.

If we''re gonna get a striker we need to get on with it!

He''s at it again today, this time a few minutes in against Wigan. Be interesting to see if we really do go for him...

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Alex Neil snapped at the Forest match today.

Watching Assombalonga? Grigg? Wigan?[/quote]

Both?

[quote user="Herman "]Scouting AND shopping.[/quote]Should have taken True Grit and Tom Cavendish with him.  They''d have done his shopping. [:)]