Sign in to follow this  
Adycakes

No Assombalonga in the Forest team tonight.

As Assombalonga is in attendance at Brighton, I think we can ignore the wife giving birth thing.

If he''s not injured then.............. 🕵

Sky said hes got a tight hamstring and the baby isnt due until next week and hes there watching.

Dont think hes coming here

Interesting tweet from Forest regarding Assombalonga saying no bids had been accepted...

Surely they would have said no bids had been made if this was the case, so my guess would be that a bid has gone in and it''s being discussed.

May have nothing to do with Norwich, but that''s how I red the tweet

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]He would be in the stands if slightly injured but not if he was on the move wouldn''t he?[/quote]

Not necessarily Cantiaci - if it''s looking like a near done deal then they won''t want to risk getting him injured 👍. Could be similar to the Brady thing, apparently he''s carrying a slight knock and is attending games but God knows what''s going on behind the scenes?. Still have a sneaking suspicion that Robbie will stay though... And we''ll also sign Assombalonga plus a foreign striker on loan.

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]He would be in the stands if slightly injured but not if he was on the move wouldn''t he?[/quote]

Not necessarily Cantiaci - if it''s looking like a near done deal then they won''t want to risk getting him injured 👍. Could be similar to the Brady thing, apparently he''s carrying a slight knock and is attending games but God knows what''s going on behind the scenes?. Still have a sneaking suspicion that Robbie will stay though... And we''ll also sign Assombalonga plus a foreign striker on loan.[/quote]

It would be awesome for Brady to stay, sign BA + a foreign striker - can you imagine what would happen to the belief levels of NCFC players & supporters then? Just wow...

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Interesting tweet from Forest regarding Assombalonga saying no bids had been accepted...

Surely they would have said no bids had been made if this was the case, so my guess would be that a bid has gone in and it''s being discussed.

May have nothing to do with Norwich, but that''s how I red the tweet[/quote]That was my initial thought, but it could be that they''ve had tentative enquiries and are trying to lure bids by making the interested clubs thinking another club has made a move? Either way, I don''t buy the ''slight knock''. I reckon BA has said in no uncertain terms that he wants a move, whether that''s to a better Championship club or a PL club, and as such Forest are trying to get a deal done so they have a bit of time left in the window to find a replacement. Complete conjecture on my part, just thinking out loud.

As much as I would like him to sign I just can''t see it happening. He would be my No 1 target young, powerful and quick just what we need. I can''t see it being a case of we sign non of the strikers that we have targeted and end up making a last minute signing of someone we didn''t really want but had to settle for, that''s my gut feeling I really hope I''m wrong.

Part of me thinks that this would of been a fairly straight forward deal,between two Championship teams, and really shouldn''t take as long as this (as in the Season has already started) to conclude it.

Norfolk Mustard, it''s not beyond the realms of possibility 👍

If Brady was desperate to leave then Wes certainly wouldn''t have been talking about his best buddy like he did earlier, he''d know for sure if we had no chance of keeping him. The fact he was talking like he was shows we certainly have a chance. I actually reckon Brady''s more than happy to stay, if anything, I get the impression it actually comes down to if the club receive a beyond silly offer that we just can''t refuse (£20 million?). The memory of last season has gone, the mood at Colney is absolutely sky high, we have signed some quality additions coupled with the emergence of some exciting talent from within, and it may only be the championship but I wouldn''t underestimate the draw of winning a league title and that buzz of promotion, of which we have every chance. Basically I don''t think we''ve EVER been in such a good position following relegation, and weirdly now have a stronger squad than what we did in the Premier League last season - and that''s without any new striker/s!. I totally share your excitement, Norfolk Mustard - we can have genuine optimism this season - and crucially I believe the players have bought into that too 👍

Heard some chat that Assombalonga has not been played as he has asked for a move...Anyone heard this?

[quote user="dibbler"]Heard some chat that Assombalonga has not been played as he has asked for a move...Anyone heard this?[/quote]Seems to be some talk doing the rounds yesterday that a fee has been agreed and he''s on his way here.As always no point getting too excited until he''s through the front door.

Another bit of speculation, told to me yesterday, and from a very credible source, was that we couldn''t get insurance for Assombolonga (because of his recent injury history) , hence the non signing, by this time.

If only we still had greater ties with Aviva. Curses!

I find the insurance story very hard to believe - surely if he can pass the medical to sign for us, that would also cover the insurance.

The local paper here in Nottingham reports speculation that we''ve bid £7m for him.  It also says he was (according to the manager) out of the last game with a minor hamstring injury but is expected back in the team for them against Brentford tomorrow night.  Also the Forest owner has apparently tweeted that he''s not being sold... let''s hope he''s following the Robert Chase school of club ownership (which, generally speaking from what I hear in Nottingham, does seem to be true).

Welcome to the world of football transfers people. It''s full of fun and games that only the agents really enjoy.

The Forrest Chairman coming out and saying that he is not for sale was a little while back when the speculation first hit the news.

But that doesn''t mean he''s not for sale. That''s like a public warning to whoever may be interested that their last bid wasn''t good enough . . . .

More interesting if a more recent quote suggests that things may have progressed since then.

The delay could be a number of things - the most likely is that they will need a replacement for him and are possibly lining one up.

That tends to be the main issue. Especially at this point in the window.