Sign in to follow this  
Colourful Canary

ToffoloTime

I think Brady is a poor left back, often out of position, not good at holding the line and slow to get out.A bit too maverick for me for as a defender, but then that`s just my opinion and I would play him in Naismiths slot where his hit and miss style of play and below average passing ability would suit the team better. Would rather have the cash than Brady, will not be saddened if he leaves.

Play Brady there.
Whittaker had an awful pre-season game against Hannover, came on against Blackburn and was beaten way too easily which led to the first goal.
Toffolo prob''s on the bench.

I wouldn''t. It''s time to give Toffolo a game, otherwise we''ll never know for sure whether he''s worth keeping or not. This is the ideal opportunity, being a home game early in the season. It''s not as if either Whittaker or Brady have been particularly good at full back, especially defensively, and Toffolo did well in his loan spell at Swindon before being injured during his next loan spell, at Peterborough if memory serves. I have a feeling he''ll turn out to be more solid defensively than either Whittaker or Brady, though what he can add going forward, I''m not sure yet.

I would give Toffolo a chance over Whittaker, but we will see Brady start there until we get Olsson back.

Based on what I''ve seen I wouldn''t expect Toffolo to make the grade as a first choice player at Norwich. He''s not sharp enough. But if we''re stretched he might get a go.

[quote user="Colourful Canary"]Not even in the squad for tonights game.😢[/quote]

If he''s not up to covering when there''s an injury we had better get a left back IMO. I don''t like seeing Brady there and even worse is playing a RB in that position for more than a one off.

Brady is perfect for left back, although he is obviously good further up the pitch too.  From LB, he can still get forwards and he has the pace to deal with opposition right wingers. In Olsson and Brady we have the best left backs in the division.  Toffolo will have to wait for his chance.

Brady is the sensible option for LB as long as we are sacrificing a decent left winger. With Naismith and Murphy currently fit putting Brady to LB isn''t doing much harm. Toffolo will most likely get his chance in time, at least in the cups I would assume, but against Ipswich on Sunday I doubt.

Whittaker is a League 1/2 standard right back, barely even sunday league level at leftback.

Brady can do the job at a push, but he''s wasted there - we need him further forward where he''s far more effective.

Toffolo is a quality young leftback and needs to be given the chance to prove himself at this level - Really hope to see him starting in the next few games.

Andy you are certainly right, it must be a miracle how Whittaker manages to repeatedly represent his country at both right and left back!!!

Actually Whittaker has made a career out of playing Champs/Prem level.

Toffolo will likely be a lower league player. No shame in that though.