Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Sergio Leon

As I''m currently watching a film called Leon, and you''ve mentioned both Leon and film in your post, I''m taking this as a sign that it must be a done deal 😉

Never heard of him so just looked him up.

Was top scorer in the Spanish Championship for Elche, who finished mid table.

Watched a Youtube compilation of his goals last season- looks like he''s got a bit of pace but worry he might have a touch of the RVW''s about him- lots of nice finishes but generally with a lot of space around him.

Looks like he could be off to Osasuna but they haven''t met his buyout yet. As far as I can tell his buyout is only 2m Euros so there would be worse players to take a punt on (As long as we sign another striker as well!)

I saw that video too KC, and thought the same thing funnily enough - still, he looks a bit stronger than RvW to me. Could be a real hit, could be a real miss - but that''s the gamble with any signing I guess. Not sure where Bor got his tip off from as I can''t see anything online? Looks worth a punt though, though it appears that he''s currently injured from what I can make out.

It''d be great just for the chants we could make up - I''m sure we could get him if we wanted (desperately not mentioning the obvious for a fistful of/few dollars more) but would hope for someone more ''established'' as well.

I like the look of him, scores with his feet and head and seems to run the line well. Not sure how he would fair against a strong and dirty CB in the Championship!?!? Thoughts?

Yeah but you know what will happen.

He''ll sign, and the usual suspects will come out and say he has only signed for a fist full of dollars. And the add ons, for a few dollars more perhaps?

Then he''ll score and everyone will be saying he''s good, then he''ll go on a dry run and he''ll be bad. It''ll also leave us without a handsome striker, my wife says he''s ugly.

But you never know, he could just be a fist full of dynamite.

[quote user="chicken"]It''ll also leave us without a handsome striker, my wife says he''s ugly.[/quote]I''d hazard a guess she''s saying that to make you feel a bit more secure, fat boy [:D]

If this guys a striker that rules us out then. Quickly he departs for another Spanish club and osusuna the better .

[quote user="chicken"]PS - spot quiz for a brownie point. There is an odd one out in the above.[/quote]

The Usual Suspects? Not a Western film.

Quite odd one if true. He has played as advanced lone striker, but is more efficient in countering tactics and as wide striker where there is room for him to run, but would at least offer different type of striker for us. Just hopefuly he could adabt the league and previous season wasn''t odd one as stat wise he has not been anything special before this sesson

I have followed Elche quite closely previous season as my old buddy plays there and he also said that guy is a bit air head, but aren''t most of jockies ;)