Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Not as bad a some suggesting...

...but still not great. Ipswich did a job on us by cutting out that supply line into the attacking midfield three and forcing us to go long. We looked best when we got our fullbacks getting forward but couldn''t do that enough.

I am however baffled by the tactics and formation to start the game. Ipswich had not scored since the opening game of the season but are quite solid at the back and have a strong defensive midfielder in Skuse. There is no need for us to to be putting more defensively minded players back there and we really didn''t need Howson further up the pitch. Him, Naismith and Wes make us far too narrow and played into Ipswich''s hands by funneling everything into the middle where they could easily crowd us out. I understand we were looking for the fullbacks to provide width but Sears and Ward are too pacy to let our fullbacks just push forward without consequence on the counter.

Neil was a bit hamstrug to change anything with yet another injury enforced substitution limiting the changes he could make (not to mention robbing us of our best attacking outlet in the first half). Jerome scored but couldn''t get into the game and hold the ball up to bring Naismith and Wes into the game more and was knackered after about 70 minutes.

Essentially we should have started with Canos or Murphy and we really need another option up front who can come on and annoy defenders with some fresh legs.

[quote user="king canary"]...but still not great. Ipswich did a job on us by cutting out that supply line into the attacking midfield three and forcing us to go long. We looked best when we got our fullbacks getting forward but couldn''t do that enough.

I am however baffled by the tactics and formation to start the game. Ipswich had not scored since the opening game of the season but are quite solid at the back and have a strong defensive midfielder in Skuse. There is no need for us to to be putting more defensively minded players back there and we really didn''t need Howson further up the pitch. Him, Naismith and Wes make us far too narrow and played into Ipswich''s hands by funneling everything into the middle where they could easily crowd us out. I understand we were looking for the fullbacks to provide width but Sears and Ward are too pacy to let our fullbacks just push forward without consequence on the counter.

Neil was a bit hamstrug to change anything with yet another injury enforced substitution limiting the changes he could make (not to mention robbing us of our best attacking outlet in the first half). Jerome scored but couldn''t get into the game and hold the ball up to bring Naismith and Wes into the game more and was knackered after about 70 minutes.

Essentially we should have started with Canos or Murphy and we really need another option up front who can come on and annoy defenders with some fresh legs.[/quote]

Ipswich were better than expected and maybe Alex Neil knew they would be strong today and that we would need more in midfield, but I would have preferred to see more of Canos or Murphy too.  I would like to see a good old fashioned 433 with Murphy Canos and Jerome as the front three, with Howson Tettey and one of Wes or Pritchard behind. Give the other team something to think about.

Shows different levels of expectation now in East Anglia - they had two shots on target, scored 1, a bit of huff and puff only 40% of the possession and yet they think they were the better side. We didn''t play anywhere near our best, but still had more chances. Looking forward to seeing Pritchard fit and playing, he''ll make a difference to our attacking options.

The fact they''re celebrating a draw at home against us whilst we''re disappointed not to win says it all - STILL the pride of Anglia 👍

All they have is the very basic tactic of long balls down the right side channel looking to turn the CB and then feed off Knockdowns.m/scraps. Klose did not deal with that well today.

We still created enough yo have won but the balance is still not quite right for me. Need more pace and width in the starting 11. We get too easy to defend against when we get to narrow. Poor sub taking Mulumbu off though. We had a grip on the midfield until then.

Was disappointed with the starting 11. Canos, as a number of us thought, would be great starting this game. We are a better team than the Binners, and we should have given them something to worry about, not give them a sniff, with both Tettey and Mulumbu, starting.

Was very frustrated with this performance, as a number of players, just weren''t ''on it'' today. You can get away with 1 or 2 but not half the team.

The Binners are a very basic side (as were Sheff Wed) and it is the dropped points that I would worry about if we had a regular supply of games like this.

Glad to survive any derby game without losing, but if we had played anywhere near ''good'', we would have got all 3 points (as per Sheff Wed game)

What concerns me is that we have scored just two goals against three fair to middling sides. Against the better sides in the Championship where are the goals coming from? Just a week and a half to sort it out. Last year our window was a fiasco abd this year it''s starting to look as if it will be even worse.

as with the play off semi final 1st leg, they did a good job of dragging us down to their level......but we didnt help ourselves with some sloppy passing and general carelessness in possession.

The bits of quality that were there all came from us....the goal and 3 or 4 other bits of build up play, Ipswich arent capable of that.

There just wasnt enough of them from our point of view.

Still a point in any away derby is never to be sneezed at.....off the top of my head I could only really think of Barcelona away at Espanol would would probably too dissapointed in that in European football.

They will now have to wait at least 8 years before they get the chance to beat us. !......

Seems to be a recurring problem with Norwich all to often fans who were at the game say alot of the team weren''t,t up for and did not perform this seemed to happen so often last season now again this season the team just don,t turn up , why, what''s the answer.