Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

MATCH THREAD - NORWICH VS SCUM

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]We''re going to find a late winner here I reckon.[/quote]
It''ll need some help from Ipswich I suspect because we''ve been very poor in the final third.

Klose heading the perfect ball straight to Ipswich, we dire in defence, offer nothing in attack, play offs at the absolute best tbh

your thoughts is this one point gained or 2 points lost ??

i think if we had kept a settled side i think we should have won this game so 2 points lost for me

[quote user="norfolkngood"]your thoughts is this one point gained or 2 points lost ??

i think if we had kept a settled side i think we should have won this game so 2 points lost for me[/quote]
I think it''s a fair result and it''s a point gained and a good one at that.
My motto is always win at home, draw away.

Based on the flow of the game a draw is a fair result. We created a couple of decent chances in the second half but never took charge of the game. However that was one of those games with some baffling tactical decisions by AN at the start.

That''s fair point Ginja, but I hope after that performance the undroppable Naismith will be benched for Canos!

Neither team done enough to deserve the 3 points there. Over to the board now to make the signings we need, I have absolutely no faith in them to do so

Decent result, poor performance. We''ve not hit the heady heights of Blackburn since...

Naismith the latest scapegoat I see. Klose had a very poor game, do we need to replace him with Bassong?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Neil hasn''t exactly covered himself in glory today, poor selection from the start and was more important to not lose than win it seemed[/quote]

Please explain the poor selection? Murphy probably not ready yet for 90 minutes nor Canos which partners well with Neil wanting to dominate midfield. I think team selection was fine just players played poor and seemed tired

Jesus some of the comments on here!!

Decent point away from home. This was a real bannana skin game for us. We''ve lost a couple of key players through injury and Wes Naismith and Jerome are being overly relied upon.

4 games in and we''re unbeaten. We''ve manged to avoid losing to Ipswich too, which means there run goes against us goes on. So on that basis, we''re still the pride of Anglia.

Solid start IMO, especially considering we''ve been low on confidence following relegation.

We need to build on this start, however fail to sign a couple of forwards to release the pressure from Jerome and we could burn out and struggle.

2 new forwards this week and a fit again Alex Pritchard. We''ll be sound.

Yeah fair result for sure. Gotta say Mulumbu looked good value, as did Whittaker.
Cant believe Wes presented the Ipswich lad with MOTM. Should have been other way round.

2 point lost. We didn''t work as hard as them and we were far too casual at times. Watching us time waste in the last couple of minutes was agonising as well, we were getting a bit of joy in their half in the last five minutes but we settled for a point which wasn''t great to see.

That''s one good, one fair and two pretty dire performances so far. Our passing and ball retention in the opposition half has got to be so much better if we''re going to try and set up as we do. There should be a couple of places up for grabs now in the team for the young players to stake their claim for v Coventry

If David Moyes is prepared to pay the £8m we spent on Naismith, we should bite their arm off. Sadly, it''s one of those signings that hasn''t worked out and shows no sign of changing.

AN can''t keep justifying his selection.

Mulumbu starting in the middle to pack the midfield, did it work?

Ipswich seemed happy to get the ball out wide, we had no outlets out wide and as soon as the full backs pushed up and we lost the ball we were short at the back.

We are one of the best teams in the league with one of the best squads, yet we still insist on changing line ups and formations to suit our opponents - why can''t we force our game on our opponents for a change?

And if such a lack lustre performance doesn''t get the Board to get their fingers out and get some bl00dy business done, then nothing will.

At what point will the penny drop that since creating this ridiculous footballing board, we''ve been completely incompetent in the transfer market.

I take that as a point gained.

A team we should have destroyed really and they were poor, but we were awful!

Got very lucky imo!

I will take that point and move on, but AN has got to look at things desperately! We looked flat and too much tweaking of the team. Shoehorning players into a system that rather than creating the system to the players.

On a positive, unbeaten in the league and only really played well in 1 of the three!

Hopefully things can only get better?

Snake

i feel for Naismith where exactly was he meant to be playing today ?

the team looked disjointed from the start

i just think if we were more positive from the start 3 pts were there for taking today

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]2 point lost. We didn''t work as hard as them and we were far too casual at times. Watching us time waste in the last couple of minutes was agonising as well, we were getting a bit of joy in their half in the last five minutes but we settled for a point which wasn''t great to see.

That''s one good, one fair and two pretty dire performances so far. Our passing and ball retention in the opposition half has got to be so much better if we''re going to try and set up as we do. There should be a couple of places up for grabs now in the team for the young players to stake their claim for v Coventry[/quote]

2 ''dire'' performances that we didn''t lose. Get the squad sorted, play our game and we''ll be fine. Good point today when not at our free flowing best. Not many teams will play that much hoofball at home...or get away with it.

Not scapegoating at all, one decent performance but since all Naismith does is play narrow, lose the ball, falls over and whinge at everyone around him.

Maddison, Pritchard when fit, but we can play without him, we could go with Wes in his strongest position not out wide!

We all have opinions and those justifying Naismith need to say why what''s he done to deserve a start next week?