Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

MATCH THREAD - NORWICH VS SCUM

Decent line-up, Mulumbu has looked good in his snippets this season so worth a start. Pritchard et al are obviously still injured, this side should have enough about them to get the job done.

Once a tinkerer always a tinkerer.

A bit defensive that. Is it necessary against that lot?

Width?

Hope he''s got it right.

Looks like a starting line up to avoid getting beat. Not a take the game to them setup. But we''ll see.

Imagine coming up against the fresh legs of Jacob and Canos after 70 minutes of  of the interchangingWes and Naismith. Mulumbu seems a decent choice as we''re obviously expecting a battle.

Hmmm, I think tinkering Neil is taking liberties personally. Absolutely no good reason to start Mulumbu, or indeed play two defensive midfielders. With Howson and Naismith on the flanks I predict we will struggle for goals.

I think he''s picked the line up for the occasion instead of the match, by that I mean he''s chosen older more experienced players to cope with the Derby atmosphere etc. I don''t like the lack of width either, but in AN i trust, i suppose.

A phyiscal battle for the first 65 with some pace off the bench. I''m okay with this line up.

If this was Houghton it''s definitely be seen as negative.

Though I understand AN wants to make it hard for them.

With the wind today I think we can expect a masterclass in Hoofball from the men in Blue.

Neil may be thinking that it is better to start off with two defensive midfielders and see how it goes, before withdrawing one and putting on Murphy or Canos, rather than getting overrun and then putting Mulumbu on, which looks like an admission of defeat.

Somebody mentioned earlier in the week about setting up for a battle as that will be the binners way of getting through us. Looks like AN agrees

Slightly disappointing line up but can see why he did it, Ipswich will set up to choke us and have done so pretty well in previous fixtures. Mulumbu will give us more traction in midfield and hopefully allow us to keep hold of the ball a bit better. And as mentioned above Canos will likely be more effective coming on later in the game against tiring legs. So makes sense IMO.

Can see a dull affair today though! As these games have been in recent times. That is, in terms of quality and goalmouth action, I''d still be buzzing with a 1-0 win. OTBC

Looking to control the midfield and the game with plan B available on the bench to attack them with direct running or really hammer them when we are 3 up in the second half.No problemo`s

i like our teams to play with width

so for me it will be win and AN a mastermind plan

lose and i will be asking why AN changed the set up and didn''t have players who can create

we dont need two DM against a team we should bully and show our quality against

Appears a sensible selection, and Mulubu deserves a chance. He frees up Howson to show more attacking flair. Not so sure on 3 defenders on the bench, but that highlights our lack of attacking numbers in the squad.

Some of the comments above shows how little some people on this forum understand football.

No width? What do these people think Brady and Pinto are going to be doing? Staying in their own half all match?

I think it sets up a decent formation - Pinto and Brady will look to go down the flanks, but we also have plenty in the middle of the park. We can always go with Murphy/Canos later on. IMO the only thing it does do is show that continuing need for another striker.

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]Some of the comments above shows how little some people on this forum understand football.

No width? What do these people think Brady and Pinto are going to be doing? Staying in their own half all match?[/quote]
They will come forward for sure, given that we have cover with Tettey and Mulumbu. But I don''t think you understand that Howson and Naismith are not great wingers.

"Some of the comments above shows how little some people on this forum understand football.

No width? What do these people think Brady and Pinto are going to be doing? Staying in their own half all match?"

I must be one one of those with little understanding of football then. Whilst I/we are very well aware of the very good attacking capabilities of both Brady and Pinto I/we feel that to rely upon full-backs alone for attacking width when there are excellent additional options in this respect and when midfielders best used centrally are therefore pushed wider is being a bit on the defensive side.

We''ll see!

Mulumbu has staked a claim of sorts this season, but, IMO, more as a defensive measure later in the game or as cover for Tettey rather than as a starter in a game where our flair players could well prosper.

Some have just justified JM starting with good points, so let''s see.

OTBC.

oh i understand ok

ipswich play with wingers and they can pin back the attacking fullbacks

or on the other hand as we have no width this allows the ipswich full backs to fly forward leaving our full back with a winger and a fullback running at them

it can go either way not just about what Norwich do its how ipswich players can use the flanks with our width coming from FB''s

pack the midfield they use the flanks we are screwed

who knows but i do understand football ok :-)

Daryl Murphy is utterly bullying Klose- no idea what is going on so far.

Worried we''ve set up wrong with the two defensive midfielders- we''ve not got a foot on the ball in midfield so far.