Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Composure

Today we lacked composure on the ball.  The second half was atrocious from that point of view, even though we got a point.  Ipswich were good for them, but we played the ball back to them so often that it was hugely frustrating - just a lack of composure throughout the team.  Yes it was a frenetic derby, but we had an experienced team out there - some of them should have been able to stabilise things a bit more than they did. Brady, Howson, Wes, Naismith mainly, but others too - all with too many wayward passes.   The very few times they gelled they looked good, but it didn''t happen often enough - and hasn''t all season apart from the first game against poor opposition. Not an "oh we''re terrible thread" but more of a "there''s a heck of a lot of room for improvent thread".  We''ve done well so far overall, with a decent looking back five and some good results, but really, to be theatening promotion this year, there needs to be some large improvement overall, ahead of that.  Composure must be one of the things that improves.

All would have been fine had Murphy scored at the end! But at least it was good to see someone run through with pace for that chance.

We lacked pace, we lacked width for a large part of the game, when we got width we scored and nearly scored with pace.

You''re right Lakey but we need to play with one of Wes or Naismith and Howson / Tettey midfield looks fantastic in this division, so that''s where I would like to see us start!

Build on Howson, Tettey, Wes then choice of wingers and Naismith, Mulumbu off the bench IMO.

Along with Wes in my book, one or the other.

I''d be looking to sell Naismith ASAP, just my opinion.

Both Wes & Pritchard far better.

OP.

I don''t think composure and Steven Naismith are one and alike.

He plays Scottish style hit and rush football with no artistry involved.

Not an 8 million pounder for me by any stretch of the imagination and if AN was tracking him for a while then it raises doubts for me as well..

His presence next to Wes inhibits Hoolahan, but he would be useful as nuisance value once the little maestro tires.

£8m? My bum.

My scapegoat? You bet.

According to the BBC Sunderland only had two players today with more than 10 career PL goals - surely can persuade Moyes to take him back?

Klose looked sloooooowww, Alex Neil preferred Whits to Russ Martin, Jerome was very quiet apart from the goal, Naismith was a headless chicken, Howson was also very quiet apart from the assist.... injuries mounting, but at least Wes keeps playing 90 minutes!

Not sure we could give Naismith away surely there are better options but one of Neil favourites plays every game. Jacob M should have passed to Canos who was better placed to score, canos remonstrated with JM. Wes needs to be replaced after 70 mins to keep him fresh, towards the end of games runs out of steam.

One of the Reasons we lacked composure is because the Manager had the Vibe do not lose this we will set up narrow pack the midfield worry more about them than use

Hardly lets attack them from the off and course them problems with pace down the wings and quality speech is it

as soon as we saw the line up plenty were saying thats negative so you imagine what experienced players thought of it !