Sign in to follow this  
daisy

Was it really that bad!

A point away from home used to be looked at as a reasonable result. Just because it was the scum lots of people just assume we have to turn up to beat them. Don`t think too many teams will turn them over at their place to be honest and over the course of the season they will probably do us a favour or two by beating teams around us. Lets not be too critical yet, we all know we can play much better than today so onwards and upwards. I`m sure we will all be smiling come the return fixture.

Exactly. It can''t all be 4-1 thrashings. Win our home games draw our away games on average and we end on 92 points, more than enough.

We''ve had our derby away match, the play off finalists and one of the trickier up coming sides so far and have 8 points, not bad going! Imagine if we''d had that number 9 though to help Jerome out. Birmingham away, Cardiff and Wigan at home next, 7 points from them and we''ll be sitting really pretty.

Daisy,

yes I believe it was that bad.

Ipswich are a poor side, yet we were very lucky to get away with a point.

The result is one thing and yes a point away is generally thought of as a good result, but in all fairness we should have been too good for them and won.

As it is we didn''t and what makes it worse for me is the performances over the last 3 games.

We have been lacklustre since Blackburn.

I hope to see an upturn in performance.

We played well below our ability so yes, it was a poor performance.

Midfield looks disjointed, there is no coherent link between midfield and attack, our defensive midfielders give the ball away cheaply and under no pressure, centre backs looked ponderous (Bennett more than Klose) and McGovern should have done better with his positioning for the goal.

Worse, nobody able to get their foot on the ball and draw the sting from the home side, and no sign of composure when things got fraught second half.

Piss poor, frankly.

Ipswich were "at it" and we were not able to counter them with enough good football to make a difference. That is the disappointent from today. So although a point is acceptable, the utimate performance was not good enough and the players should be disappointed with their showing.  Giving away posession like they did in the second half was poor. Very poor. 

Whilst they have not beaten us in the last eight fixtures that today was our worst performance in those eight games.

For the first 20-25 minutes we were very bad. After that we were ok but not great.

@Bor

I can''t understand how you can watch that and say Bennett was worse than Klose- I love Timmy but he got bullied by a pretty average Murphy today. Too easily muscled off the ball, letting it bounce when he shouldn''t and his distribution was poor.

A rare off day for him though.

Too many are expecting us to walk this League. That rarely happens...for any team.We didn''t play well...but didn''t lose...and on another day Whittaker''s'' shot would have gone in off the post and we would have won it.Be realistic.

Was probably "that bad" if you were one of those who said at the end of last season that they preferred the Championship to the PL and didn''t mind that we got relegated.You know the ones - the ones that said that they looked forward to games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday (we have to wait until game 6 until we get a home game with a 3pm Saturday kick off), beating the Scum (we didn''t) and winning the league at a canter (which would get us straight back to where those individuals don''t want us to be)Be careful what you wish for.

Wasn''t that good for sure, we played well for 25 mins max, far too many experienced players off their game today (Brady, Klose, Howson, Tettey) Wes looked like too many games recently had taken its toll, Naismith never got going.

However we will play a whole lot better in the majority of forthcoming games, and probably lose one or two of them.

worrying thing for me was how disjointed the team looked these are not a team we have just put together they should have a system of play by now

also if the players can not raise their game for a derby we could be in trouble

i think the experienced players dont like setting up for a draw when they know they should be attacking teams like this from the first whistle

Far to many old players , we look so slow with no idea of how to open up a defence , i stand by the opinion if thats all we have we will be playing in the Champs again next season . Newcastle now picking up and Villa looked decent at Derby , they have spent the money and it shows.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Far to many old players , we look so slow with no idea of how to open up a defence , i stand by the opinion if thats all we have we will be playing in the Champs again next season . Newcastle now picking up and Villa looked decent at Derby , they have spent the money and it shows.[/quote]What about the positives, though? Anything to share with us?I thought Mulumbu had a decent game today. Did you think he was sh*t, like everything else in the world?

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Far to many old players , we look so slow with no idea of how to open up a defence , i stand by the opinion if thats all we have we will be playing in the Champs again next season . Newcastle now picking up and Villa looked decent at Derby , they have spent the money and it shows.[/quote]

You missed the words ''we don''t have'' from the middle of that last sentence.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="CanaryOne"]Far to many old players , we look so slow with no idea of how to open up a defence , i stand by the opinion if thats all we have we will be playing in the Champs again next season . Newcastle now picking up and Villa looked decent at Derby , they have spent the money and it shows.[/quote]What about the positives, though? Anything to share with us?I thought Mulumbu had a decent game today. Did you think he was sh*t, like everything else in the world?[/quote]I dont pretend like you , Mulumbu is one of the old ones i would like shipped out along with Jerome, Naismith . We are average , many think otherwise because we beat a pathetic Blackburn side easily, people mock Villa on here but they looked way better than us yesterday .Good points ? our inept manager finally put Canos on but much to late and after Murphy who like his brother are league one quality at best .

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]We played well below our ability so yes, it was a poor performance.

Midfield looks disjointed, there is no coherent link between midfield and attack, our defensive midfielders give the ball away cheaply and under no pressure, centre backs looked ponderous (Bennett more than Klose) and McGovern should have done better with his positioning for the goal.

Worse, nobody able to get their foot on the ball and draw the sting from the home side, and no sign of composure when things got fraught second half.

Piss poor, frankly.[/quote]
You do realise that you have responded negatively to posts like this in the past right Bor?

When we hit our rhythm today, the Ipswich players looked miles behind.

Our only mistake was getting drawn into playing long when our quality is on the ground. I haven''t seen a team rely on a high kick forward so much since I watched the rugby world cup.

I predict that by the time the home game rolls around, we''ll be at perfect scum-flattening speed.

Derby games are always a bit of a leveller, they were always going to raise their game/bring us down to their level so the ''performance'' of both doesn''t necessarily indicate anything at all in the longer term, and I would pretty-much have settled for a draw before the game.

The most embarrassing thing today was the attendance - how on earth could they have almost a quarter of their ground empty for the visit of their most bitter rivals?

Ipswich won''t play like that again all season that''s a positive.

Neil needs to stop playing Naismith he offers absolutely nothing and I hope he goes to Sunderland.

As soon as we get this striker we desperately need Neil needs to play these young wingers we''ve now got that sit on the bench week in week out. Give us some width on the pitch instead of this narrow negative cr@p

I would hope that the way we set up our midfield today was just because it was a derby and no more?

I remember the critiscism Alex Neil got - rightly- in his team selection away at Villa last season, when we turned up there with Hoolahan on one wing and Howson on the other.....no width or pace....and thats how we were again today?

The playing Howson out wide last season was an error...and its worrying that we''re already moving him around the midfield.

if we''re playing Hoolahan slightly wide on one side....we simply must have some pace on the other.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="CanaryOne"]Far to many old players , we look so slow with no idea of how to open up a defence , i stand by the opinion if thats all we have we will be playing in the Champs again next season . Newcastle now picking up and Villa looked decent at Derby , they have spent the money and it shows.[/quote]What about the positives, though? Anything to share with us?I thought Mulumbu had a decent game today. Did you think he was sh*t, like everything else in the world?[/quote]I dont pretend like you , Mulumbu is one of the old ones i would like shipped out along with Jerome, Naismith . We are average , many think otherwise because we beat a pathetic Blackburn side easily, people mock Villa on here but they looked way better than us yesterday .Good points ? our inept manager finally put Canos on but much to late and after Murphy who like his brother are league one quality at best .[/quote]What am I ''pretending''? I''m certainly not pretending we played well today, because we didn''t. I''m just trying to find out whether you can be convinced to say anything positive that isn''t shrouded in a fug of misery (your last sentence above is a case in point).I genuinely struggle to believe that you are a real Norwich fan. Why the f**king hell do you bother if you can''t take anything positive from the experience? Does this negativity apply to everything in your life, or just watching football? I hope you can salvage some enjoyment from life, because it''s over all too quickly.