Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

International break.

Usually I hate these things, but this time it is going to work in our favour.  The transfer window closes during it and all the nonsense, unsettling of players and uncertainty can be done away with by the time the players return.  That means just one more game to play before the squad will be finalised. Get through that with hopefully a win and I believe we will see things improve dramatically.  Whether we keep Brady etc or buy a striker etc, all will be clear after just one more game.  Thank goodness - no more guessing and speculating - just concentrating on games, which is how it should be.  The season proper starts in two weeks.

The main thing is that we have a lot of players - Ruddy, Olsson, Dorrans, Pritchard, Pinto, Jarvis who are currently injured or have picked up knocks. With the exception of Jarvis, who is longer term, I am hoping we can get all of those players fit for after the international break.

In particular, Jarvis, Olsson, Dorrans and Pritchard all could have all potentially contributed to that game on Sunday in very different ways had they been available.

i can hear the excuse now

we were going to sign two strikers but they were on international duty so could not get here before deadline !