Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

was amusing today when we sang "you couldnt sell all your tickets"....that some of their witless b@stards pointed to the empty block of seats in the lower tier beneath us as if to say "neither could you".......without realising that their club turned our money away by not even selling that block to us.

7000 empty seats in their cup final is pathetically embarrasing.

Very surprised tbh that it wasnt more, shame they would only give us 2000, could have easily let us have the lower tier in front of the away section which was empty.

Apparently they put the distribution of tickets in the hands of an outside company, THG Sports. The company then experienced some "distracting issues" which account for 7000 them being unsold.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]was amusing today when we sang "you couldnt sell all your tickets"....that some of their witless b@stards pointed to the empty block of seats in the lower tier beneath us as if to say "neither could you".......without realising that their club turned our money away by not even selling that block to us.

7000 empty seats in their cup final is pathetically embarrasing.[/quote]Yes, that was amusing.I was in Block V2 directly in front of the 15/16 year olds doing their best to get themselves thrown out/arrested. Two or three managed it, together with an older bloke in a striped polo shirt who wouldn''t stop arguing with the stewards and police and missed their equaliser, but full marks to the young clown who lobbed his crumpled up clappy stick onto the pitch as Howson went to take a corner and was frogmarched out shortly after.The '' missile '' barely reached the grass.....Even with a televised 12 noon KO the attendance was pathetic. Ipswich are skint so if they can''t attract the locals to one of the biggest games of the season surely there must be some way of allowing more away fans to attend ? We''d have doubled our 1992 given the chance.

Why oh why was the old Family Enclosure in the lower deck not given to Norwich ? Another 500ish at £32.50 a pop all helps the Scum.

Perhaps it was a health and safety issue. Scum fans suddenly being exposed to a large crowd might have induced panick and mental trauma. I did notice one binner waving his arms around in a demented manner whilst Jonny Howson was taking a throw in. Imagine if they all reacted to a crowd the same way.

I was thinking the same whilst watching it yesterday, we would have taken more fans if we had the option I''m sure. Ah well, we''ll sell out the return game and give them hell!

AJ

I was thinking the same whilst watching it yesterday, we would have taken more fans if we had the option I''m sure. Ah well, we''ll sell out the return game and give them hell!

And we can pivot the new screen towards them and relive the playoffs, and the goals from all our recent encounters with them (at full volume) should enhance their match day experience to a new level.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Perhaps it was a health and safety issue. Scum fans suddenly being exposed to a large crowd might have induced panick and mental trauma. I did notice one binner waving his arms around in a demented manner whilst Jonny Howson was taking a throw in. Imagine if they all reacted to a crowd the same way.[/quote]

Was that Ipswich Crazy?

If Ipswich prefer not to sell empty seats to the opposing side, why not give them away to local youth teams & their coaches to create some goodwill in the Suffolk community?

Empty plastic seats looked awful on TV...

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]AJ

And we can pivot the new screen towards them and relive the playoffs, and the goals from all our recent encounters with them (at full volume) should enhance their match day experience to a new level.[/quote]

Brilliant!