Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Bookings

Tettey has two already both for dissent, will he ever learn, with the new directive he''ll spend most of the season suspended or injured. Let''s hope he can combine the two!

The new directive on player dissent is clear and has been well publicised through meeting and individual letters apparently. Any player collecting a yellow card for dissent should be fined their appearance bonus. If such a booking results in a red card for two yellows than the appearance bonus for the missed match should also be forfeited.

I would assume Tettey''s likeability towards yellow cards is the main reason we decided to keep hold of Mulumbu to play him when Tettey is unavailable several times throughout the season!

Oh his defence, it was a ridiculous decision to give the foul in the first place if u remember correctly , even then he didn''t seem to overly protest. Surely you can question a referee?

All game the ref was blowing for the slightest contact (except in the box) so eventually somebody was going to complain. Maybe if we focused on improving refereeing instead of focusing just in players reactions we will have the game we all want?

If we fix consistently poor refereeing then players dissent will sort itself out?

Yes, the ref gave a lot of minor decisions in favour of the scummers, I could fully understand Tettey struggling to accept that one where I thought he just out-muscled their player.  I don''t remember many decisions like that going our way, and one particular one when Jerome was flattened and he waved play on.

It''s a balance - players should be entitled to let the ref know he''s got it wrong, which may help concentrate his mind for later decisions.  In central midfield, and centre back, players will pick up yellow cards at a steady rate, as well as being at a higher risk of injury, so you need depth in those positions.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Oh his defence, it was a ridiculous decision to give the foul in the first place if u remember correctly , even then he didn''t seem to overly protest. Surely you can question a referee?

All game the ref was blowing for the slightest contact (except in the box) so eventually somebody was going to complain. Maybe if we focused on improving refereeing instead of focusing just in players reactions we will have the game we all want?

If we fix consistently poor refereeing then players dissent will sort itself out?[/quote]Everybody knows that there is absolutely no chance of refs changing their mind, particularly on an infringement such as this.Given that, what is the point of protesting and running the risk of getting booked.It is just stupidity and Tettey has a history of getting silly bookings & suspensions.He should know better by now.No excuse, unprofessionalism plain & simple.

But fortunately on the big ones... there was the disallowed goal which the linesman flagged for offside and I think that was correct.  Sky are now stopping their offside replays just before the ball is played, and when the margins are as close as this one, that can (and here did, IMO) make the difference between a player being offside and being in line.

The other big calls were the three possible penalties, on Murphy, Pinto and Bennett.  Personally I think the two city appeals were penalties although you''ll rarely get one if you fall over the way Pinto did.  Bennett was clearly having his shirt pulled so how did he fail to give that.  Murphy had been tackled and lost the ball so clearly not a penalty.

Typically for a championship ref, he didn''t give any of them - you won''t win many penalties in this league.