Sign in to follow this  
pete

Striker requirements

Only playing one up front the new striker needs to be big, strong and able to hold the ball up. Connected with the likes of Wells and McCormack that do not do that job will not fit the required assets. Who can we get who''s in the Jerome mould I don''t know who is out there Fletcher went to Sheff Wed. Few options come to mind but there is one possibility Mbokani who would be a beast in this league. Will the Board sanction the funds to attract him I very much doubt.

We need two strikers- one target man type who can win headers and someone with some pace.

Wells would do fine in this system- he might not win much in the air but he''s deceptively strong and can hold players off if you play the ball into feet. He can also stretch defences and give them something to worry about it behind. A good finisher, with some pace who can get on the end of through balls from the likes of Wes, Naismith and Pritchard would be great.

Funny thing, we go from having strikers galore who scored for fun prior to joining us, Becchio, Hooper, RVW, Grabban none of them really pushed us on and now we''re left with Jerome & Laffs, makes you ask why allow all to leave without buying replacement first?

We need variety, not just powerhouses up front. You need different types of players to suit different games, or to try changing a game!

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Does Pete know that the moon isn''t made of cheese ?[/quote]Now you''ve spoilt my Sunday night![:)]

Well.

I was quite pleased when we off-loaded Lewis Grabban and for the money we got for him.

His presence in the squad would seem like manna from heaven now.

We got a good fee for Grabban but feel this system would suit him better than any of our current strikers.