Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

Chris Sutton Hits the Nail on the Head

@chris_sutton73

@BobRutler lack of movement up front! Jerome scored but nightmare to play with.doesnt show for ball. Naismith legs have gone. ⚽️👀👊

@BobRutler if board can''t see it then they must be watching a different game. Get forward in asap and back your manager⚽️👊👍

What on earth are the Board doing? What are they waiting for? It beggars belief. Two summers on the trot.

From his tweets it seems Neil is far from happy at missing out on McCormack. Sutton blaming the board for not backing the manager

It''s strange how striker link has gone very quiet since Brady hasn''t been linked to anyone.

Then add to that we''ve spent what we''ve got in in sales, then AN statement that this young French defender won''t be signed till striker deals done tends to indicate not much in the way of money in the bank, like young Tilly said back in June, sell before we buy is the way this summer is going!

I think we all know it''s going to be Dame NDoye as a last resort on transfer deadline day

Even though theoretically, losing Ricky and Redmond would''ve freed up significant wages, allowing us to spend a bit more even if the outgoing transfer fees were less than the incoming transfer fees. They keep on saying, "we have no need to sell", but I agree with Indy, it is curious how the links to strikers disappear when the Brady leaving rumors died down.

We need two strikers and another midfielder.

Naismith looks awful, can''t quite see what his purpose is.

We looked every bit a championship side today.

He''s spot on about Jerome. He had a couple of good moments today (the goal and the header that set up Whittaker) but in general play he''s not offering enough. His touch is too poor to hold it up, he doesn''t actually win much in the air, he doesn''t get in behind/in the channels and he hasn''t got the pace to run someone. He is just ''there'' most of the time.

He''s fine as an option but even in the season we went up he wasn''t starting every game despite scoring lots.

Never really thought I''d say this but we miss Grabban a bit...

N''Doye

Mbokani

Rhodes

Wells

Assombolonga

Wickham

Ings (been told he''s playing u23 football this season).

Bamford

Any one/two of those players I would take, but realistically I don''t know how available they are. Surely at least one of them is though!

When someone says to Sutton that even Neil himself said the deal became to expensive he replies "toeing the party line ask him privately"

I think Jerome is playing with an injury (not the one to his hand) and is just getting through games.As to Naismith, well he is just a huge disappointment in every department bar arm waiving and whining at everyone.

Chris Sutton is a miserable c*nt - hardly ever has a good word to say about Norwich - when it comes to radio commentary he''s as bad as Danny Mills - never known so many chips on shoulders as those two.

I do agree that Naismith has no pace. Today he tried hard enough but always seemed to be just short getting to the ball. When Pritchard is fit I''d replace Naismith with him. Everton saw us coming and must have been laughing all the way to the bank to have got at least £5 million more than he''s worth.

Chris Sutton is a miserable c*nt - hardly ever has a good word to say about Norwich - when it comes to radio commentary he''s as bad as Danny Mills - never known so many chips on shoulders as those two.

agreed. I have zero interest what Sutton tries to think.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]I do agree that Naismith has no pace. Today he tried hard enough but always seemed to be just short getting to the ball. When Pritchard is fit I''d replace Naismith with him. Everton saw us coming and must have been laughing all the way to the bank to have got at least £5 million more than he''s worth.[/quote]

To be honest I wouldn''t be waiting for Pritchard to return, I''d be giving Canos a game ahead of Naismith.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Chris Sutton is a miserable c*nt - hardly ever has a good word to say about Norwich - when it comes to radio commentary he''s as bad as Danny Mills - never known so many chips on shoulders as those two.

agreed. I have zero interest what Sutton tries to think.[/quote]

the two are imcomparable........Chris Sutton is a fan and speaks like one. He''ll tell it like it is whether you''d want to hear it or not.

,...Mills on the other hand has always hated us ever since we showed him the door as a youngster and is quick to put the boot in given any opportunity.

Agreed GJL, Sutton is a an who is passionate about the club who maybe is alittle negative in his outlook, but his comments are born out of frustration like a lot of fans.

Mills on the other hand is just a d..k.

Harsh to compare Sutton with Mills. I may not always agree with Sutton but he always comes across as someone who tries to give an honest opinion and has a decent sense of humour as well. Mills on the other hand is just a nasty little shite.

Rubbish to compare Sutton with that waster Mills. He clearly has the club at heart and I for one totally agree with what he had to say. We are in danger of flushing a good chance of a premiership return down the pan if we don''t get in another striker. The board need telling how it is for the good of the club. Good on you Chris.

Mills on the other hand is just plain bias against us in every way. You can only surmise that he hates us for whatever reason.

What utter Rubbish to blame the board !

so if AN said i know a striker we could get for say £5 Million

french under 21 star wages 25 k a week the board would not buy him ??

Rubbish

its plain to see AN does not know who to buy

has been the same since he arrived he has not played at the highest level or experienced Manager so all these players we should be going for are unknown to him and he is to them

he went from buying free players at hamilton to multi million pound players here and it shows

so AN give the board some targets and then see where we get to

IF the board are not backing him why is that this Norwich Board have always backed the manager as much as they can we all know they can not was 20 million each player but they always back managers

AN blames everybody else but never himself and for me thats wearing thin

Three comments: (1) If Chris Sutton has a private conversation with AN, what is said should stay private and not be aired on social media; (2) if AN feels the board are not backing him there is a solution in his own hands, he can resign, he can''t expect the board to jeopardise the greater interests of the club simply to keep him happy; (3) I''m sure AN is frustrated, just as I''m sure the rest of the Football Board are frustrated (and remember AN is a member of that board), but he needs to bear in mind that he himself is likely part cause of the frustration, having far more to prove to potential signings than many of his rival managers in this division. never mind the EPL.

In all my years as a city fan and reading this forum, never ever have I felt so embarrassed. Chris Sutton is a negative asshole who would see the downside of winning the national lottery. We have fans crying because apparently we can''t see we need a striker.

Seriously. Sort your lives out. There is no conspiracy. We are Norwich. We aren''t an attractive prospect for strikers or top players to come to. We are unbeaten. We are top 6. We will buy a striker. The forward players you are slagging off behave already scored and helped us to be top 6. Seriously. Stop embarrassing yourselves. We are not man city.

Exactly norfolkngood. we can save tens, if not hundreds of thousands of pounds by scrapping the entire scouting network at the club and just get neil to do it instead, i''m sure he''s not busy.

I couldn''t agree with you any less NU Matik. Unfortunately you seem to have swallowed the ''little old Norwich'' rhetoric.

Players aren''t coming to Norwich because we''re not paying the going the rate.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]I couldn''t agree with you any less NU Matik. Unfortunately you seem to have swallowed the ''little old Norwich'' rhetoric.

Players aren''t coming to Norwich because we''re not paying the going the rate.[/quote]

That''s about the long and short of it, for today''s footballers money talks, mcormack, Afobe, Wilson, all in the last couple of years.

We offered more than Brighton for Prichard he came here.