Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

ITFC ticketing

All,

As an NCFC season ticket holder, and occasional away day fan, I was as upset as anyone, being unable to get tickets for yesterday''s match, and subsequently seeing so many empty seats on the tv, particularity the block in the lower tier in front of the away fans.

I have emailed ITFC to ask why NCFC couldn''t have had more, etc. And received the following reply from them.

Im not looking to open a discussion on why they cannot sell out to their home fans, that''s a different discussion, for another place, but thought i would share their reply for info. Please be respectful that this was a personal request which received a personal reply, for which I am grateful to ITFC for clarifying, and thought I would share with fellow NCFC supporters.

Following lengthy discussions between the Ipswich Town, Suffolk Police and the Safety Advisory Group (SAG), a decision was taken to amend the standard area of seating allocated to the visiting club and the area of segregation between home and visiting supporters. This was required in order for Ipswich Town to receive the necessary written Safety Certificate in order for the match to be played.

This meant that the Lower Tier Family Seating previously made available to visiting supporters was restricted in sales, to only those away fans registered as disabled. I can assure you that the same overall allocation was provided as in previous years, with the number usually housed in the Lower Tier being made available in the Upper Tier following the relocation of Ipswich Town Season Ticket Holders usually located in the same area.

The allocation provided was limited to the League minimum requirement and as part of the Safety Certificate we were unable to provide a larger allocation to the visiting club. A further part of this same written agreement, stated that we would be required to limit our sales to registered Ipswich Town supporters, who had purchased any home match tickets (excluding Norwich) with the last 10 seasons, to minimise the risk of visiting supporters purchasing match tickets within home areas.

The total allocation provided and the restriction on home area sales were the same protocols as have been used for a number of years, with matches that are deemed to be of higher risk by the Club, Police and SAG.

The fact that they have such a Mickey Mouse stadium that the Suffolk Police and the Safety Advisory Group made them leave those seats empty is totally the clubs fault. We''re not talking about league two or even non league. We''re talking about a club with a multi multi millionaire owner. Our stadium doesn''t have those problems and we are paupers by comparison. Just another reason to be thankful and careful what we wish for....

I was merely trying to bring to the attention of this board the ''official'' reason there were empty seats near the away fans. Seats that on the face of it could have been sold to us.

Whilst I''m not defending them down the road, if they only get a safefy certificate based on certain criteria, then, like all other clubs, they have to adhere to them.

Yes their ground could be set out differently, etc, but it isn''t, and they couldn''t get anymore away fans in, and I was one of the ones who missed out. But that''s life, but now at least I know why, and it''s not actually ITFCs fault, and they have given me the courtesy of a reply.

At least we won''t have this issue next year, when we are back where we belong. 😋😋😋😋

OTBC.

How about this. If Ipswich Town paid their bills to the police and satisfied the SAG and didn''t shirk payments and acted like the shitty little club they are, we wouldn''t be caught in this situation. Still, that''s over now and we got a fair point from it. Can''t wait til the Carrow Rd show down :)