Sign in to follow this  
HampsteadCanary

Thoughts on our games so far

I feel like we were dragged down to Ipswich''s level yesterday. We need to stick to our philosophy of high pressing, getting players in and around the box and moving the ball quickly.

Fitness seems even worse than last season. Our passing has shown promising signs but quite inconsistent.

Also we seem afraid to shoot from distance...when we do it often yields results as Howson, Murphy and Tettey have often scored in that manner.

Just had to get that off my chest...

Blackburn 8 of 10. Put a poor side away, but still conceded a sloppy goal

Sheff Wed 5/10, didn''t impose ourselves on a mediocre side

Bristol City 7/10 a step up from Sheff Wed performance, could have had a couple more goals at least.

Binners 4/10 , too many poor performances,

STILL unbeaten though!

Is high pressing always a good tactic when you''ve got an opponent camped deep in their own half?

Really you need to have ways of mixing it up but attacking play under AN doesn''t have much variety.

Watched or been at all the games bar Blackburn. Sadly have to admit I''ve been bored by our games and style of play.

I think some fans are acting as if coming down a division has improved us. We''re still flattering to deceive, and ought to be using our time in this division to raise our quality.If things carry on like this then we''ll be unprepared should we get promoted again.

I think that opposing managers have sussed our game plan. Certainly Ipswich stopped our progress down the wings and forced us into the crowded central band.

We should have been able to deal with this, but our passing and movement was not quick enough.

I am still waiting to see if Wes and Naismith can ever operate together and with Howson surging forward.

To be fair Salopian, AN didn''t start with a winger, but should of done. Even when Murphy came on (why not Canos after his cameo vs Bristol City?) he didn''t play (like vs Bristol City!) as an out and out winger, and the game was screaming out for some width, to pull their defence (and midfield), around.