Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Message board

[quote user="Diane"]
We all stick by and support the pinkun how about giving something back,  maybe Archant could give us an idea of the cost and we''ll all chip in if their coffers are empty ??
[/quote]Well they chucked a few hundred quid away in sponsorship in the direction of an outfit who don''t post on here and ridicule this site and posters who use it.

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="Belfast Barbie"][quote user="Diane"]That''s all well and good Barbie but why were''t there any updates on twitter or facebook which would have taken 2 mins ??[/quote]Twitter and Facebook accounts are not run by me. That''s something you would have to take up with whoever runs them.

[/quote]
Yes we could do, if we knew who ran your twitter and facebook accounts at Archant,  lol 
[/quote]
Good job our PUPs have the Dunkirk spirit and find a way where Archant can''t[;)]

Fingers crossed, this message board is on its last legs - it''s not the place it once was sadly. Do the right thing, Pete 👍

Sadly the answer to update the software probably doesn''t lie with Pete if it did I suspect it would have been upgraded years ago.

Not sure who makes the decision at Archant as to whether to spend the money to upgrade it but that''s the person we need to appeal to

[quote user="Belfast Barbie"][quote user="Diane"]That''s all well and good Barbie but why were''t there any updates on twitter or facebook which would have taken 2 mins ??[/quote]Twitter and Facebook accounts are not run by me. That''s something you would have to take up with whoever runs them.

[/quote]
I''m sorry but what a cop out!
How about you take it up with whoever runs your social media? A customer has just raised it as an issue with you and your response is to fob it off with a "ITS NOT ME" excuse.

Dear oh dear.  So a website has an off day or two but then most websites have issues from time to time.  We still have a great message board here and despite it''s quirks and issues, still works very well most of the time.  No other NCFC message board has been able to match this one, however up to date their site is and the most probable outcome of too much flack being thrown at Archant about this message board would be for them to pull the plug on it all together.   Anger and accusations are pointless.  The technology failed for a day or too.  It happens. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Dear oh dear.  So a website has an off day or two but then most websites have issues from time to time.  We still have a great message board here and despite it''s quirks and issues, still works very well most of the time.  No other NCFC message board has been able to match this one, however up to date their site is and the most probable outcome of too much flack being thrown at Archant about this message board would be for them to pull the plug on it all together.   Anger and accusations are pointless.  The technology failed for a day or too.  It happens. 

[/quote]
Most websites aren''t inaccessible for 48 hours. Or at least they shouldn''t be.
I''d be surprised if they were to pull the plug LDC - it''s regular, consistent traffic which they might not otherwise get.
Anyway, whilst I would never allow a website of mine to be down for 48 hours (unless something seriously out of my control rendered it impossible), at the very least I would update my other external medias - like social media for example, to let people know what''s going on. Particularly with the Ray''s funds etc.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Dear oh dear.  So a website has an off day or two but then most websites have issues from time to time.  We still have a great message board here and despite it''s quirks and issues, still works very well most of the time.  No other NCFC message board has been able to match this one, however up to date their site is and the most probable outcome of too much flack being thrown at Archant about this message board would be for them to pull the plug on it all together.   Anger and accusations are pointless.  The technology failed for a day or too.  It happens.[/quote]The EDP site has been like treacle for days now, so it''s not just this forum. It might well be a common issue, but it seems that Archant haven''t noticed or otherwise haven''t fixed it.

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="lake district canary"]Dear oh dear.  So a website has an off day or two but then most websites have issues from time to time.  We still have a great message board here and despite it''s quirks and issues, still works very well most of the time.  No other NCFC message board has been able to match this one, however up to date their site is and the most probable outcome of too much flack being thrown at Archant about this message board would be for them to pull the plug on it all together.   Anger and accusations are pointless.  The technology failed for a day or too.  It happens.[/quote]The EDP site has been like treacle for days now, so it''s not just this forum. It might well be a common issue, but it seems that Archant haven''t noticed or otherwise haven''t fixed it.[/quote]Or, as is more likely, don''t give a monkey''s.

I will bump this up to the top in the vain hope that somebody from Archant sees this thread and just has some common decency and a touch of customer care to give a full and frank explanation as to what exactly has been going on and where this website is heading in the future.As someone has said this not my job and be patient rhetoric we have had over recent days and months is just a fob off.

[quote user="KoromaCrab"]still seems a little bit slow loading[/quote]
It appears to be a memory/cache issue. I find that temporarily cutting the internet connection helps it load quicker. 

What''s the issue please? Error message or loading times?Working fine for me and IS won''t do anything unless they can replicate the problem.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]What''s the issue please? Error message or loading times?Working fine for me and IS won''t do anything unless they can replicate the problem.[/quote]
Loading times which quite often result in a blank page - not an error message.
CSS sometimes not loading so you get an ugly base HTML view of the forum (some hyperlinks then don''t work).
Timeouts when hitting reply.
Oh yeah, and generally the forum is old and sh*t.

Hahaha I have a version of the website from 1989 currently

Every link on the page listed in a big nested list

I had a problem last week where the message board simply wouldn''t ever load.  This happened both at work (where internet is super-fast) and via my iphone, which is normally reliable.  It lasted for over a day.

At the moment it seems to be ok.

[quote user="Buh"]Hahaha I have a version of the website from 1989 currently

Every link on the page listed in a big nested list[/quote]My screen just went from the 2016 version to an old archaic one (before my time on here) without me touching anything, never had that before on any site.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]What''s the issue please? Error message or loading times?Working fine for me and IS won''t do anything unless they can replicate the problem.[/quote]Very, very slow and now this.......

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]What''s the issue please? Error message or loading times?Working fine for me and IS won''t do anything unless they can replicate the problem.[/quote]Very, very slow and now this.......

[/quote]