Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Message board

Been down for almost 24 hours - contacted them on Twitter yesterday and they claimed ''everything OK this end'' - lack of posts for a whole day tells you otherwise

I''ve been in remote Yorkshire all week (and will be next week too) so could have done with being able to catch up on things when I get the chance - not that there seems to have been much to miss!

Apparently the hamster wheels needed replacing and the dangling carrot replaced but all up and running again now...

I last checked this forum just after the game Tuesday (Wednesday morning for me) I hadn''t realized anything had been amiss, until reading this thread today. I just assumed the board was quiet as it usually is after a win.

[quote user="papayapokpok"]I last checked this forum just after the game Tuesday (Wednesday morning for me) I hadn''t realized anything had been amiss, until reading this thread today. I just assumed the board was quiet as it usually is after a win. [/quote]
Good thinking buddy! Perhaps they had planned maintenance and Pete had to choose a quiet time....

Technology has never been Archant''s strong suite! From their online newspaper to the jobs Board to the WhatsApp feed. Nothing quite works as it should and always seems ''clunky'' even when it does.

With people tweeting and emailing that something was amiss, nobody at Archant thought to try and load up the message board?  Thanks for your consideration, if you don''t want to run it just say so.

Ya still seems very slow today, but better than not at all like yesterday. Their main news stories seemed to load like treacle also yeterday, but thats never helped by the sheer volume of advertisments anyway. Really missed my daily dose of message board squit, hope it at least stays up now.

[quote user="ec-p"]Sort it out archant, still not working properly![/quote]Not a hope mate, according to them it was all working perfectly at their end yesterday.[:(]

What they don''t understand is that some of us have very little else in our lives. This message board really needs to be up 24/7.

I''m one of the biggest defender of the pinkun & Archant but am bitterly disappointed that there were no updates from anyone on twitter or facebook 
Think whats upset most people is that it''s affected our Ray''s Funds charity thread and poor Eddie didn''t have a clue what was going on, so didn''t know whether to pull it this week or just hope it came back today, surely someone had 2 mins to email him? 
Its been over 2 years now since Pete said they were looking to upgrade this messageboard and it''s software, maybe its time now to spend a little money on it to bring it into the 21st century. 
We all stick by and support the pinkun how about giving something back,  maybe Archant could give us an idea of the cost and we''ll all chip in if their coffers are empty ??

Its back up and running now, we are currently investigating the performance issue.

That''s all well and good Barbie but why were''t there any updates on twitter or facebook which would have taken 2 mins ??

[quote user="Diane"]That''s all well and good Barbie but why were''t there any updates on twitter or facebook which would have taken 2 mins ??[/quote]Twitter and Facebook accounts are not run by me. That''s something you would have to take up with whoever runs them.

Thanks Barbie, I''m surprised there''s not more care for these message boards considering the advertising revenue you must get from the volume of users on here.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="papayapokpok"]I last checked this forum just after the game Tuesday (Wednesday morning for me) I hadn''t realized anything had been amiss, until reading this thread today. I just assumed the board was quiet as it usually is after a win. [/quote]
Good thinking buddy! Perhaps they had planned maintenance and Pete had to choose a quiet time....
[/quote]

Nonsense. The board was sabotaged on instruction from Delia using the boy Ferrari.

[quote user="Belfast Barbie"][quote user="Diane"]That''s all well and good Barbie but why were''t there any updates on twitter or facebook which would have taken 2 mins ??[/quote]Twitter and Facebook accounts are not run by me. That''s something you would have to take up with whoever runs them.

[/quote]
Yes we could do, if we knew who ran your twitter and facebook accounts at Archant,  lol