Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Charlie Wyatt - Jordan Rhodes

would be a great signing

scores goals for fun

but im guessing its all paper talk and will never happen

the bbiggest problem the club now faces is that with the deadline drawing in and the piss poor transfer policy the club has then any selling club can just hold us to ransomtop work delia

Any selling club can just hold us to ransom, anytime. Unless they''re under pressure to sell. Which very few are.

Which, of course, is all Delia''s fault.

[quote user="iron_stan"]would be a great signing

scores goals for fun

but im guessing its all paper talk and will never happen

the bbiggest problem the club now faces is that with the deadline drawing in and the piss poor transfer policy the club has then any selling club can just hold us to ransomtop work delia[/quote]Nothing to do with the  football board then stan ?

Karanka desribes Rhodes as a wonder kid and is part of his plans...thats the be all and end all.Charlie Wyatts words which had zero concrete content was not even worth this amount of posts. Just 8 days to go now, we may as well all wait until the window shuts then start the whining.

To be fair Wyatt''s post is probably one of the first to stick his neck out with any speculation at all. Aside of Mbokani there''s been no other names mentioned in the press from official sources as far as I am aware.

Most of this thread is just saying Rhodes is certainly a player who could do well with us, nobody is getting excited until there''s something to get excited about.

Hopefully AN is playing his cards right and will land a couple of big players before the window closes.

Karanka has just said in his press conference that Rhodes is training hard and his chance will come , dont think he''s going anywhere .Chances of getting anybody half decent grow slimmer by the day .

[quote user="Essjayess"]we may as well all wait until the window shuts then start the whining.[/quote]It would be wise for people to wait until the window shuts until they start whining, yes.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]The nearest I can think of to Grant Holt. If available, buy with confidence![/quote]OMFG! Have you ever even watched Rhodes play??? He''s f**k all like Holt, and if anything is more like RvW than any of our recent strikers, just with slightly more physical presence (but not even close to Jerome/Mbokani/Holt etc).If we''re in for Rhodes, then I just don''t understand it. Yet another player that DOESN''T fit the current system (much like McCormack), and in truth if this is the best we''re looking at - we''d have been far better to keep RvW instead.[/quote]

Yes, I have seen Rhodes play - that''s what I base my opinion on. That and the fact he has a career goal to game ratio of 1:2. Going forward he creates & turns half-chances into goals in a similar manner to Grant Holt. There are very few like that around...

Middlesboro are not short of cash at present so why would they sell him !

I really struggle to see why we have left it once again so late , the longer we leave it less likely to happen as club will struggle to replace whoever we get in time left.

Rhodes is good but for reason above I would prefer Forest striker , they are short of cash and struggling , so he will want out and make decent offer he will come.

However no doubt we will instead get last minute loan panic signing instead .

I really wouldn''t take anything from what Karanka has said. If Rhodes stays then by talking him up he retains a striker with decent morale.

If Rhodes leaves then he''ll leave for decent money as he''s surplus to requirements.

Wyatt''s sniffed something and I wouldn''t write this one off yet.

I would imagine the parachute money is being used to pay sufficient wages to keep our ''nearly good enough for the premier league'' team together.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I would imagine the parachute money is being used to pay sufficient wages to keep our ''nearly good enough for the premier league'' team together.[/quote]You mean the one that got relegated from aforementioned league and doesn''t appear to need overly strengthening, particularly up front?