Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Charlie Wyatt - Jordan Rhodes

All the strikers we are linked with are solid championship strikers and right now i would have any of them

BUT i was hoping we could have used this transfer window to unearth some younger striker talent someone who is going to real excite us and maybe progress into a EPL Striker

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]The nearest I can think of to Grant Holt. If available, buy with confidence![/quote]

I mean they''re nothing like each other but sure...

I think he''d do well in the system we play. Not going to take much interest until it''s a done deal though. I''m also sure even if we do get in Rhodes it''d be sensible to bring in another striker as well. We need 3 really.

Whoever is saying no to Jordan Rhodes clearly hasn''t got a clue what a striker is.

He''s quality in the championship. Would have been good in the prem but he''s behind negredo

Think it''s unlikely we''ll sign him myself. Think he''d be a great signing but just can''t see him leaving Middlesbrough with the manager coming out saying he''d like to keep him, an injury to his competition would see Rhodes get his chance in the Prem, and that coupled with the wages he''s on, well, is it really likely he''d want to join ANY Championship side? I wouldn''t have thought so but I maybe wrong. Think we''ll see someone else come in, my first choice would 100% be Mbokani if possible, but that''s a big if and I suspect out of our hands, ultimately he''ll probably join West Brom on deadline day.

Clearly sometimes when a manager says he wants a certain player to stay he doesn''t always mean it.

I''m not even sure if Rhodes was a Karanka signing?.....more one , as was Downing, of one being signed from above his head.....all off which culminated in him leaving both of them out of big games toward the end of last season and even walking out for a week or so?!?

[quote user="im spartacus"]Remember when roeder played darel Russell on his own up front....[/quote]He weren''t a patch on The Doc, what a striker he turned out to be.I still miss him. [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

It does seem that some have to be negative about anything and everything - this guy''s record absolutely speaks for itself, the fact that he played for the binners a number of years ago means precisely nothing (as it would if we were to try to sign Wickham). Whether we''ll get him is another thing.

He''s not Ipswich born and bred so no worries there - just watched an interview with him and he comes across as a very likeable and level headed down to earth lad. His record in the Championship speaks for itself, and at only 26 years old with his best years ahead of him then I can''t see what''s not to like. It''d be nice to sign him but I still think we or any other Championship side would be very lucky to secure his services so am not getting my hopes up, we may not even be in for him anyway for all we know (not that that would stop a handful from slamming our club in our ''failure'' to land him). If true, maybe Russ, Whitts, Naismith and even Snodgrass may put a good word in...

[quote user="Alex "]He''s not Ipswich born and bred so no worries there - just watched an interview with him and he comes across as a very likeable and level headed down to earth lad. His record in the Championship speaks for itself, and at only 26 years old with his best years ahead of him then I can''t see what''s not to like. It''d be nice to sign him but I still think we or any other Championship side would be very lucky to secure his services so am not getting my hopes up, we may not even be in for him anyway for all we know (not that that would stop a handful from slamming our club in our ''failure'' to land him). If true, maybe Russ, Whitts, Naismith and even Snodgrass may put a good word in...[/quote]

"maybe Russ, Whitts, Naismith and even Snodgrass may put a good word in..."

.....just like they did with McCormack ?!?!

Rhodes, Mbokani and Jerome would do me.

Sell Naismith and Brady to fund the wages.

Job''s a good ''un.

We just need the best CEO that was available and An to get in these strikers.

We desperately need them.

We also need a little bit more in the shots on target point to our game. Jerome had very little service on Sunday and I do feel we are near on the ball without being cutting or peppering a goal.

Again te window is critical if we do not add good enough quality it can be the difference between automatic being likely or plays offs being likely.

Now we all know that it won''t be Rhodes, Britt, or Big Dav coming in don''t we????.

Be prepared to be underwhelmed folks 🙄🙄🙄

Proven goal scorer in this league and a loan deal sounds like the best option so that if we get promoted we aret stuck with him.

He is clearly only a champs striker otherwise whe woudl already have been in the prem.

There are problems with him with our current squad, we play one up front and he is frankly too lazy for that role. He thrives on crosses and we have developed a squad for

a narrow midfield. As such he would add to the squad, but we would still need another striker.

A final thought; While his record is good is he on the wain? just 17 goals last season (not even the fabled 20 goal+ a season man :-p and each of the last 3 seasons have seen fewer goals than the season before.

Angry Man wrote ''Be prepared to be underwhelmed folks''

Prepared? Said supporters or whatever had already decided to be underwhelmed some months ago thanks to their unerring ability to see into the future. Surely they''ve done their complaining already, or is there more?! 😂

We will sign a striker or 2, and it will be no surprise to me if it goes to the last day when things hot up for all clubs, infact as I''ve said for weeks that''s what I fully expect. And I don''t mind that at all because nothing would have left me more underwhelmed than 30 year old Ross McCormack on a permanent or Steven Fletcher - we''ll do better, I''m sure of that. No worries from me, I trust my club 👍

Why are we waiting until the last minute yet again Alex when we have so much money ? We are half a million in credit on the Redmond out with Pritchard and Canos coming in deals, not a penny has been spent of our transfer budget whatever that may have been for this summer,we received £20 million in July of parachute payment according to Steve Stone at the NCFSC forum plus we have off loaded RVW and his ridiculous wages.You would begin to think we have to sell before we can buy. [;)]

Til, you would then have to ask, why spend 8 million on Pritchard? I know he''s Aaliyah and worth the money but our priority was at least one striker! We have Wes, Naismith and Maddison here all play in that position!

Is it that we are waiting to offload Naismith & Brady before we can go out and buy?

You were chastised early this year by some on here, yet you were bang on the money regarding this summer.

Not sure you''re right there as we got £11.4M for Redmond less what Birmingham received from the sell on - I guess between £1M and £2M. Paid app £11M for Canos and Pritchard, so more likely a negative net figure there. Suspect theres not as much funds available as we like to think also. Maybe £4M or £5M?

Can someone explain why Boro would want to let Rhodes go.Or why Rhodes who is desperate to play in the PL would want to leaveThat would leave Boro with Negredo as the main man and just Nugent as back up.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]The nearest I can think of to Grant Holt. If available, buy with confidence![/quote]OMFG! Have you ever even watched Rhodes play??? He''s f**k all like Holt, and if anything is more like RvW than any of our recent strikers, just with slightly more physical presence (but not even close to Jerome/Mbokani/Holt etc).If we''re in for Rhodes, then I just don''t understand it. Yet another player that DOESN''T fit the current system (much like McCormack), and in truth if this is the best we''re looking at - we''d have been far better to keep RvW instead.

There''s a big difference between Rhodes and RVW

Goals

We have the players to make it work, I''m sorry we aren''t buying the player you want from real Zaragoza B Indy but dry your eyes eh?

Any fan turning their nose up at Rhodes is utterly mental

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Not sure you''re right there as we got £11.4M for Redmond less what Birmingham received from the sell on - I guess between £1M and £2M. Paid app £11M for Canos and Pritchard, so more likely a negative net figure there. Suspect theres not as much funds available as we like to think also. Maybe £4M or £5M?[/quote]So where is the parachute money and are you suggesting our transfer budget was only around £5 million Jack ?