Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Charlie Wyatt - Jordan Rhodes

His words:

Appears that Norwich are once again in for Jordan Rhodes. Another average player who will cost a hell of a lot of money

I hope not - for a start, he would be on Premier wages at Middlesbrough - why would he take a pay cut? A loan possibly?

[quote user="The young canary"]Can I just remind everyone that he is an ex binner and we shouldn''t go near him[/quote]

The mentality of some fans!

Would be good signing in my eyes. 26 years old.

His championship record - 92 goals in 189 games

1 goal in 10 games Ipswich (17 years old)

2 goals in 2 games Huddersfield

83 goals in 159 games for Blackburn (17th 8th 9th 15th place finish)

6 goals in 18 games for Boro

Wolves are linked with him as well as Derby and Norwich , plus Karanka has said today he wants him to stay so plenty of work to do to land him .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Wolves are linked with him as well as Derby and Norwich , plus Karanka has said today he wants him to stay so plenty of work to do to land him .[/quote]

we couldnt land McCormack in a seemingly 3 week long one-horse race until Villa came along.

Up against 2 other clubs??.......no chance.

Don''t care about the scum connection.

Good age, good goal scoring record and think he will have something to prove.

Would be a great signing

Strewth, Rhodes, Assom, Griggs, Wells, Ings, Dame, Diof. Surely we can land one of them.

Astonishing we sold Grabbs (to delight of everyone) with no replacement, then Hoops, no replacement, and then RVW.

3 strikers out without a replacement, and we''ve entered season with one recognised striker at the club. 53 days into xfer window and no striker in sight and yet "AN is confident we''ll get a striker before window closes!"

Sell Naysmith and get two srikers in quick, else an injury to Jerome and this Board will look utter numpties!

If anyone thinks we will sign some one better than Rhodes then they will be in for a big shock.

4 years younger than McCormack, maybe a loan with a view to a permanent. Would be great signing.

Rhodes is one of several names that have been bandied about. If, and looking at City''s recent transfer dealings mean its a big IF, we can get two from Assombalonga, Vydra, Rhodes, Wells, N''doye and Ings, then let Lafferty go that would be an excellent result. Failling that one from the six I''ve just listed, plus keeping Lafferty would be OK. The absolute minimum is one from anywhere, and I mean I''d take Tony Cottee or John Hartson if it''s 11:55 on deadline day and we''ve still not got a body in. If we can''t manage the last option then anyone who has any say in transfer dealings at Carrow Road needs to have their letter of resignation typed up and on the boardroom table by 12:01.

to be fair when somebody comes along who''s willing to pay £7m for Grabban.......or a club is willing to take RVW off our hands permenantly , you''ve got to take it, regardless of the timing or situation??

Goddam moaning and we are in for a proven championship goal scorer like Rhodes and he''s not good enough?

You must be mental

If have him allllllll day!!!

Loving the comments by those who don''t want him! You''re all right, obviously goals are over rated! Great scoring record at this level and if available we should make it happen.

I don''t see how we get around the money point - premier wages - why should he move for a big fat pay cut? Or should we just break the wage structure and hope for the best - we could then have a fire sale of all our best talent if we fail to go up and keep all the expensive ones that no one else wants? [8-)]

Well I for one would love Rhodes here, but again not sure you can play him up top on his own, so would be a change in formation?

Would love to sell Naismith & Brady, off load Andrue, Turner and Bassong, then get in Ings on loan, Vydra, Rhodes and this young French defender, that would be fantastic! Never going to happen s it!

Personally think he would be a good signing, amazing how some people hang on to silly prejudices about potential signings.

Serious question, who would people prefer out of Rhodes or Connor Wickham ? reckon either would be good for us.

If Wolves are in for him then we can''t match them financially after their takeover - we''d have to hope that he thinks we have a better chance of promotion. Would absolutely love him here, outstanding record at this level. I''m generally an optimist, but the realist in me says that we''ll struggle to bring in a striker of the quality of Ings or Rhodes due to the other Championship clubs with sugar daddies at the helm... hope the board prove me wrong in the next ten days!

My big issue is the same as with McCormack, we don''t play with two forwards so we sign a player and still end up in the same problem of a injury to Jerome and we are screwed. If we are going for Rhodes then fine we can at least change formation, he scores goals and is younger than McCormack, but we still need to sign a direct competition to Jerome.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]And you are ?[/quote]I''m pretty sure the young canary is Waveney, no matter how much he denies it. Style of posting and punctuation (or lack of) is pretty much identical, plus most of his handles ended in ''canary''.