Sign in to follow this  
Andy G

Potential Striker?

I See that Mario Balotelli is having a horrid time at Liverpool.

A news article i read hinted he had met with Jose Mourinho for advice and some of that advice was to drop to the Championship for the sake of his career (in regards to joining Wolves)

Would you like him at Norwich? - i''m torn, he''s clearly got some talent but its all the trouble he comes with?

Never. Never. Never. Never. (ad infinitum). He''s a liability on the pitch and a troublemaker off it. Best way to destabilise a squad IMHO. There''s a reason he''s been bounced around from club to club.

We don''t need that type of gamble, even on loan. Wolves or someone looking to get that edge in a championship class side maybe. We have enough quality already to go out and buy a less volatile but maybe not potentially as good striker like Rhodes etc.

Now I know this suggestion will have the PC brigade in a rabid frenzy of self-righteous apoplexy but what about Ched Evans? He is scoring for fun at Chesterfield and is still a decent age.

For the PC brigade please note he faces a re-trial over his rape conviction meaning the original verdict has been deemed unsafe due to new evidence. Were he to be convicted he has served the sentence laid down already however I do accept that that would make his signing less acceptable to most fans. The draw back is whether he would be available during the trial and if not, when is the trial due?

Given our dire need of more strikers are we desperate enough for such a move?

Ched Evans? Not a chance in hell! I actually can''t believe of all the people been listed so far:

Rhodes

Mbokani

Vydra

Wickham

Bamford

Ings

Assombolonga

Wells

Griggs

N''Doye

You suggest a striker who has been strongly linked with rape and has not been disproved. He is lucky he is playing for Chesterfield and I understand that certain sponsors have chosen to not to sponsor the club because of this. Ridiculous suggestion.

Balotelli, despite all his baggage, is a whole class above anyone else we''ve been linked with, and having such a big name would bring us extra media coverage and probably a few more games televised on Sky. While I wouldn''t want him to be the only striker we sign in the next week, I think Alex Neill is exactly the kind of manager who wouldn''t put up with his bullsh!t from him at all and might just be able to coax the best out of him, so I wouldn''t say no as a second addition - with a couple of strong caveats, namely that we have the right to terminate any loan at the manager''s discretion, and that part of his pay is performance-related - so give him a standard wage with a big goal bonus.

Ched Evans absolutely not.

Green and Yellow fellow wrote the following post at 23/08/2016 3:41 PM:

Ched Evans? Not a chance in hell! I actually can''t believe of all the people been listed so far:

Rhodes

Mbokani

Vydra

Wickham

Bamford

Ings

Assombolonga

Wells

Griggs

N''Doye

You suggest a striker who has been strongly linked with rape and has not been disproved. He is lucky he is playing for Chesterfield and I understand that certain sponsors have chosen to not to sponsor the club because of this. Ridiculous suggestion.

So if he is acquitted at the re-trial I.e. Is proven innocent of the charge and a victim of a miscarriage of justice would you still consider it to be a ridiculous suggestion?

His behaviour may not be a moral act however if he is to be damned for that so should Ryan Giggs and countless other players. Bryan Gunn was the subject of a tabloid exposé for his entertainment of a young lady in the shower of his bathroom whilst on a US tour with City. No doubt the outraged PC brigade felt he should have been drummed out of the club. How can he remain a member of the Hall of Fame for such flagrantly unethical behaviour?

No way with Evans.

I''d take a chance on Balotellli though! He''s a world class striker so would be worth the risk and you never know if he went to a club and became an instant favourite, loved by the fans, a miracle could happen and it could work out.

No, Katie I didn''t. The court will reconsider the case and take into account the new evidence. They may well, and I would suggest probably will, rule that there was no non-consensual sex and the previous verdict was a miscarriage of justice.

Either way there is a view that once a sentence has been served the Punishment is over and the possibility of redemption and a worthwhile life can resume. of course the self-righteous will no doubt believe in locking them up and throwing away the key.

I''d have Evans if he is aquitted too right I would. If we are only signing players with morals most teams would struggle with a starting 11 !

Recon that''s a good call frank. At least he would fit the system as a like for like back up for Jerome. Bit underwhelming but I wouldn''t be shocked

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Now I know this suggestion will have the PC brigade in a rabid frenzy of self-righteous apoplexy but what about Ched Evans? He is scoring for fun at Chesterfield and is still a decent age.

For the PC brigade please note he faces a re-trial over his rape conviction meaning the original verdict has been deemed unsafe due to new evidence. Were he to be convicted he has served the sentence laid down already however I do accept that that would make his signing less acceptable to most fans. The draw back is whether he would be available during the trial and if not, when is the trial due?

Given our dire need of more strikers are we desperate enough for such a move?[/quote]
I would have him back, but purely based on sheer desperation.