Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Norwich v Coventry Match Chat/Thread

Here''s my team for tonight, Im predicting 11 changes

Jones; Martin, Turner, Bassong, Toffolo; Thompson, Josh Murphy Canos, Andreu, Maddison; Morris

Whats your team for tonight and your prediction

[quote user="Diane"]Here''s my team for tonight, Im predicting 11 changes

Jones; Martin, Turner, Bassong, Toffolo; Thompson, Josh Murphy Canos, Andreu, Maddison; Morris

Whats your team for tonight and your prediction[/quote]

Think you''ve got it spot on CA - though I have a feeling Lafferty may start with Morris coming on at some point second half, but it could be just as easily the other way around.

I''d imagine it''ll be a lot closer to our normal XI at this stage as the squad needs to gel and improve;

McGovern

Whittaker Bennett Bassong Brady (or play Martin @RB and Whitts LB if required)

Mulumbu Dorrans

Murphy Howson Canos

Jerome

Subs: Jones, Turner, Toffolo, Thompson, Maddison (if fit again), Naismith, Morris, Laffs

It makes sense to rest Hoolahan and Tettey given their age/fitness, and possibly Klose but I''d play Jerome as he needs to be scoring goals regularly again, and I''d play McGovern to help solidify him at the back, but I expect Jerome to only play 60 mins if he starts and Laff''s will play the rest.

Can''t see Jerome starting, needs a rest, reckon

Laffs will get the next nod.

Did you see how Jerome looked towards the end of the game on Sunday ?  which was only two days ago ?

I wouldn''t be surprised if he''s not even on the bench, although as it''s a home game, AN might want the option of bringing him on.  But starting ?  Madness.

This is the U23`s team that played yesterday against Stoke which looks like an U18`s only squad to me.Killip, Ramsay, Efete, Odusina, Lewis (Oxborough 83), Sambu (McIntosh

69), Adams, Jaiyesimi, Cantwell, Middleton, Ashley-Seal. Subs (not

used): Hackett-Fairchild, Higgs, Wallis. McGovernGodfreyBassongTurnerToffoloThomsonCanosMurphyMurphyMaddisonMorris4141

----------McGovern---------

Martin Turner Bassong Toffolo

Canos Thompson Maddison Jo.Murphey

--------Lafferty Morris-----------------

As AN alluded to, Coventry play with 4 in the middle 2 DM''s and 2 AM''s, I''d play a 442, look to get the ball out wide and pump crosses in for Lafferty/Morris. This game calls for a bit of old fashioned football imo :D

Mcgovern

Godfrey martin bassong toffolo

Thompson howson

Canos maddison josh murphy

Lafferty

Jones, turner, whittaker, mulumbu, andreu, jacob murphy, morris

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]----------McGovern---------

Canos Thompson Maddison Jo.Murphey

--------Lafferty Morris-----------------

As AN alluded to, Coventry play with 4 in the middle 2 DM''s and 2 AM''s, I''d play a 442, look to get the ball out wide and pump crosses in for Lafferty/Morris. This game calls for a bit of old fashioned football imo :D[/quote]I wonder what strength side Coventry will put out ?

No way Jerome should be risked. We simply can''t afford him to get injured in a game like this. Wes and Tettey also need a rest and In would not risk the centre backs either. Don''t know if either of Dorrans or Pritchard are ready for a run out but if not:

Jones

Martin Bassong Turner Toffollo

Thompson Madison

Canos Jo Murphy Ja Murphy

Lafferty

Opportunity for Lafferty.   Needs a good game to remind AN of his ability - and he does have ability - and even if he is not wanted ths season, a good shop window for him coming up to the end of the transfer window. 

Jones

Thompson Godfrey

JaMurphy Maddison Canos

Lafferty

McGovern Andreu JoMurphy Morris +3 others

[quote user="Move Klose"]Jones

Thompson Godfrey

JaMurphy Maddison Canos

Lafferty

McGovern Andreu JoMurphy Morris +3 others[/quote]

Same team, fringe/squad/younger players all need game time/something to prove not bothered about the result that being said cant see any reason not to be able to go out and get a result. On paper that team should have more than enough to beat a league 1 side. Should also help in identifying which players are good enough/will be for the Championship/Premier league.

jones

Thompson Godfrey

JaMurphy Maddison Canos

Morris

no point playing lafferty AN knows what he can do and will never play him in the 1st team so might as well see if morris is up to it

Think the only ones we don''t agree on are Jones or McGovern and Morris or Lafferty.

Im hoping Morris gets his chance tonight as we know what Lafferty can do, dont mind about the goalie but would be good to see Jones

Yes we should have enough to win with our 2nd 11 Swindon but I bet that Coventry will be well up for this one

TEAM: Jones; Whittaker, Martin (c), Bassong, Toffolo; Thompson; Canos, Maddison, Andreu, Ja. Murphy; Lafferty.SUBS: McGovern (GK), Mulumbu, Turner, Morris, Jo. Murphy, Godfrey, Grant.

Wasn''t far out lol, 11 changes from Saturday''s starting 11.

Jacob is the only one who was involved and he was just a sub.

Wish I was going tonight, hate missing home games but not feeling so good so c''mon you yellows make me feel better

[quote user="Diane"]Wasn''t far out lol, 11 changes from Saturday''s starting 11.

Jacob is the only one who was involved and he was just a sub.[/quote]Stephen Whittaker just looked at you mournfully.

a good B team selection for a nothing game, cant complain if we lose, expect to see quite a few of these blowing after 60 minutes