Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

11 days to go and no sign of activity

Katie Borkins wrote the following post at 2016-08-24 12:55 AM:

Iwan''s a Big Tosspot

But not as big as some!

After tonight''s astounding win.......We obviously have a strength in depth competent Championship squad. So, let''s tell the board and AN to save the money - and we''ll go with what we''ve got......Sorted!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]After tonight''s astounding win.......We obviously have a strength in depth competent Championship squad. So, let''s tell the board and AN to save the money - and we''ll go with what we''ve got......Sorted![/quote]Don''t even joke.I notice that instead of bringing on Morris, AN took of Lafferty and went for his groundbreaking new 4-6-0 formation again to see out the game. Why would the board need to splash out on a new striker when we can win comfortably without one even being on the pitch?

Chris Sutton, Rob Newman and then the Doc.......They were all Centre Backs utilised as Centre Forwards.......Push Ryan Bennett up front, there you go, a ready made goal machine......

NCFC......That''s how we roll......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Chris Sutton, Rob Newman and then the Doc.......They were all Centre Backs utilised as Centre Forwards.......Push Ryan Bennett up front, there you go, a ready made goal machine......

NCFC......That''s how we roll......[/quote]  Let''s keep Benno at the back. If however Bassong must be on the pitch stick him up front just to keep him as far away from our goal as possible.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="nutty nigel"]We''ll of course each individual who booed will have had a reason. I''m just repeating that the dressingroom was surprised to be booed off at the end of the game.

Same thing happened two years ago then everyone celebrated at Wembley as though they''d been on board all season....[/quote]I can''t help but wonder if you have always had this attitude. Did you steadfastly display it by refusing to criticise anyone at the club when Bob the builder was milking every last penny available in the early nineties? Did you continue to hold firm to your beliefs that the people in charge were doing their best back then whilst getting on you little soap box and intimating anyone that didn''t blindly back those in power don''t truly support the club? Or have only "been on board" since 1996 because you are a staunch Labour voter and proud owner of every cookery book ever printed by New Crane Publishing?

[/quote]
This post just sums up the modern day namby pamby spoilt brat fans that form part of todays support.
You want to talk about how we did things in years gone by? 50 years ago when I first went the bone of contention was selling any good forwards we had and replacing them with worse ones. Ron Davies to Laurie Sheffield springs to mind but of course we also signed Alan Black. This gave rise to terrace chanting of "Black Is Black, We Want Ron Davies Back" Of course there was also the disgraceful "Zigger Zigger Zigger Watling is a ******"! Now that really was a case of empty vessels making most noise and as a 9 year old I didn''t understand it at all. But having said all that everyone knew what the fans were complaining about instead of this mindless booing of the team at the end of the match. Then when the late great Sir Arthur sold Kevin Reeves to pay for the River End the banners said "No Reeves, No Future, No Fans" and subsequent chanting was to Sir Arthur and to the point. Everyone knew why fans were disgruntled and their was no senseless booing of the players unless they deserved it. Then with Big Fat Bob people were left in no doubt "Where''s The Money Gone You Fat Barsteward" and "Chase Out" which was short blunt and to the point. Not this mindless booing of the team which could mean anything.
Now why are you guys so shy now IBT? Why are fans sooooo timid? Is it because you can mindlessly boo at the end and then go home, spin three times on your computer chair and become a warrior? You lot who boo the players when you''re problems lie elsewhere could learn a lot from history. Thanks for bringing this up IBT[Y]
[/quote]1st, you assume that I was one of the people booing. That''s your first mistake (in this post any way). When the whistle blew at the end of the Sheffield Wednesday game I stood up from my seat in the River End and applauded the side. Even though I thought the performance was below par, it was no where near bad enough to be booed and was surprised myself. However, those who did boo, paid the same price of admission as you did so their opinion costs the same as yours old boy, about £600 a year.2nd, you suggest that because you have been supporting Norwich for 50 plus years it makes you a better fan than those who haven''t been making the trip to Carrow Road as long as you. Again you are wrong. You are no more of a Norwich fan than my 5 year old nephew who came to his first game with me last Saturday and was excited to see John Ruddy warm up 20 feet from where he was sitting. Sorry for bursting your bubble there.3rd, and finally, as you have a propensity to do, you sidestepped my question. So let me ask again, and as you bought up Watling and South I''ll throw them in too. Did you always blindly support Watling, South and Chase when they where making poor decisions at boardroom level? A simple yes or no will do.

[/quote]
Nope of those three are correct. I didn''t say you booed. You apparently only wanted to talk about me. As always. So I told you how it was. Now I know I''m thick but even I can see it''s you who wanted to talk about the past. And talk about me. Perhaps it''s because you think you''re the better fan or perhaps you''re even thicker than me. Or maybe both. But I don''t care whether you boo, snot, wail, howl or stand there quietly and become a warrior when you''re alone. It matters not one jot to me. Neither do you...
Oh and your question? I answered it. And with far more respect than it deserved
[/quote]

Nope, no you didn''t.

[/quote]
I don''t know why you think you''re all that IBT. But your question deserved no answer at all because it had absolutely nothing to do with this thread and everything to do with your unhealthy fascination with me. I did however entertain you and your response was to accuse me of trying to make out I''m a better fan which was ridiculous as I only mentioned the past because you bought it up. Again as part of your unhealthy obsession with me. 
But you''re not all that IBT. You don''t get to demand things of others which are totally irrelevant to anything being discussed. 
[/quote]It appears I have touched a nerve. I know I shouldn''t but I lack self discipline, so I''m gonna keep poking at it.I was responding to your snide dig at fans who chose to voice an opinion different to yours through booing (which incidentally is totally irrelevant to the original topic being discussed in this thread, who would have guessed?). And contrary to your delusion, I have no fascination with what you have to say. If I did my post count would be nearing the tens of thousands, instead of the paltry 1114 it stands at at the time of this post. Most of the time I take the same stance with you as I do with Morty and whatever name Mr Chops is going by now and avoid reading your drivel. But I admit I am not always consistent and occasionally find myself instantly regretting the decision of perusing through whatever judgement you happen to have doodled at that particular instant. However I shall return to post haste to my previous standpoint of ignoring whatever you are going to spout next by not reading your reply to this post.p.s I''ll have to assume from your reticence to answer my question that you have always remained consistent and refused to criticise anyone who has ever had control of the club, even Bob the builder and his stooge Jonesy. After all if you had castigated their majority ownership that would make you a hypocrite and we know your are far too morally superior to a majority of the people who would dare to suggest that Delia and Co are doing anything but a bang up job.

[/quote]
You are an example of the worst type of keyboard warrior that these places have to suffer. You will not drag me down into your gutter. I just feel sorry for whoever ends up with you for a mother-in-law...

So, Lafferty had a decent game, took his goal well, let''s see if the narrative becomes ''we''ve scoured Eurooe and found a new striker at our club''.

No new striker would seal our championship future for years to come but, increasingly, appears the limit of our ambition.

7 days to go and everyone is working really hard sitting by the phones waiting for them to ring. AN is heopeful we shall definitely make signings before the window closes. Fancy all those other clubs able to successfully bring in new players without using the NCFC recruitment system, the mad fools. The football board has proved to be a stunning success over the Lat three Windows, hurrah!

Completely crafty. Can''t remember if I''ve mentioned it on this thread it not, but it''s funny how others clubs won''t let their players leave without already targeting a replacement. Something I think our football board should start taking note of!