Sign in to follow this  
andyc24_uk

League cup draw

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]I see this as a win/win if we go up there and play a similar side to the one that played Tuesday.If we lose as expected - we''re out of the League Cup with no more cup games to worry about until Jan, while the fringe players get a good run out against a strong team.If we get an unexpected win - the kids played well and handled the occasion of going to a big premier league club. They can enjoy a memorable night! Plus, we''re still in the cup, with the future looking more than rosy.[/quote]

Fair points but what if Everton win by a landslide ? It would be a memorable night for all the wrong reasons, kids and fringe players with shattered confidence and fans baying for Neil''s blood.

I don''t think the majority of fans would be out for blood if the youngsters went up there and lost to a strong Everton side. If it was the seniors and they got smashed, it might be a different story... I think there are things to take from a defeat too for the kids; as long as they can analyse WHY they lost and what specifically they need to work on, it''s not necessarily the end of the world. Plus of course they might just win anyhow - Everton will likely field a strong team; but there''s already been several big scalps in this season''s competition...