Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Rhodes: the omens are positive

The island of Rhodes is shaped like a spearhead, 79.7 km (49.5 mi) long and 38 km (24 mi) wide, with a total area of approximately 1,400 square kilometres (541 sq mi) and a coastline of approximately 220 km (137 mi). Jordan Rhodes is considerably smaller than this, but may be the spearhead of our attack.

Rhodes then became a part of the growing empire of Alexander the Great in 332 BC, after he defeated the Persians. Alex Neil is 35 and recently defeated the Bristolians.

The Colossus of Rhodes was considered to be one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. This giant bronze statue was documented as once standing at the harbour. It was completed in 280 BC and destroyed in an earthquake in 224 BC. No trace of the statue remains today. We might one day have a statue of Delia.

I wonder if we don''t need more of a statuesque, lighthouse type of centre-forward hanging around in the penalty area at the tip of a pyramid formation to score the goals that will bury the opposition at the temple of football that is Carrow Road.

Don''t forget too Bor that Rhodes contains the word ''hod'' in it. He can be the carrier for our attacks and do all the heavy work while he is at it

Also contains "des"  so he could Des Lynam up for the other forwards to score, also i note his first names Jordan so im sure someone can come up with a "crossing the Jordan" type linkage.Katie Borkins, dear dear, you put a lot of effort into your OP,  maybe someone should raise a colussus of a KB statue in these forums for you....or then again, maybe not.

Is it just me or does the story re Jordan Rhodes by mark Armstrong on the front page of the pinkun work for anyone.

When I click ''''read more '''' there''s nothing there lol

Error or symbolic of Archant journalism, which seems to at least partially consist of recycling rumours from this board?

[quote user="Diane"]Is it just me or does the story re Jordan Rhodes by mark Armstrong on the front page of the pinkun work for anyone.

When I click ''''read more '''' there''s nothing there lol[/quote]

Some writers are prolific, Diane, while others ponder much before they type a line. Obviously, Mark is of the latter breed. He managed the title during the past few evenings and should have the content ready by the weekend.