Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Bamford loaned to Burnley

Not directly NCFC related but I know quite a few on here said they wouldn''t mind having him back here, so you can chalk him off your wishlists.

Shame it didn''t really work out for him last season, as he has got something about him that makes me think he''ll go full Harry Kane on the Prem sooner or later.

Good luck to the lad.

Deserves a fair run of games. Can''t see him going full Harry Lane though.

Burnley is probably a good club for him. Manager will kick his and attitude into shape.

Dont get why Chelsea dont sell him, not like hes a kid (23) and needs to go out for experience is it?

Never played 1 single game for Chelsea since he signed for them in 2012 and now on his 6th loan club

Agree with all that above. There is something about the ''What if'' about him, but he is only 23 , and if he is going to make a decent fist of his career, there still is time, but it''s got to happen soon, or he will just carry on jobbing around, at the level he is (Not a regular lower Prem, decent Champs striker on his day)

I would have been underwhelmed if we had got him back, but I never really expected AN to put more faith in him, after the damp squib of his time here.

Not a done deal, Norwich and Wigan still keen according to news on Talk Sport this morning.

Although rumours is that he could sign for Burnley today.

Why ever would we want him, not interested in the few times he played. RVW the second.

A dump like Burnley can have him

Never looked worthwhile taking permanently after his failure to do anything of note during our relegation demise. I remember one long range shot hitting the bar (I think?) and that''s everything he did in a nutshell. Never good enough to lead the line on his own.

As others have said, I have a few question marks over him now - he''s not young anymore at almost 23 and really needs to start pressing on and proving himself. I''ll be interested to see how he does at Burnley, but certainly don''t think he would have been the answer to our problems here. He''s contracted to Chelsea to 2018 so imagine if he doesn''t impress he could well be sold next summer. Mind you, it''s not like Chelsea have a history of selling players that go on to make it is it... (Lukaku!)

Verdict: Not bothered.

Showed at Boro he has a lot of talent. They looked half the team while he was out injured than they did with him.

Like Pritchard he suffered by not having regular football last season. Think if he was given a run of games at Burnley he could go on to prove himself as a Premier League footballer much in the same way Kane did with Tottenham after a run of poorer performances whilst out on loan.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Rather he was running around in a Burnley shirt than hitting the back of the net for a Championship rival.[/quote]Which he hasn''t done since I was a young man![:)]

Why not sold not worth £10m Chelsea want. Went to Palace and us last season and played only rarely won''t cut it in PL. Champs standard only.

That reminds me of someone who sits near me saying Harry Kane was "League 1 at best".

Bamford clearly has talent and ability so it''d be foolish to write him off.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Showed at Boro he has a lot of talent. They looked half the team while he was out injured than they did with him.

Like Pritchard he suffered by not having regular football last season. Think if he was given a run of games at Burnley he could go on to prove himself as a Premier League footballer much in the same way Kane did with Tottenham after a run of poorer performances whilst out on loan.[/quote]

He''s had one good season - two seasons ago. And yet if he was that good and that highly rated for it why have Borough not gone for him? You would have thought they would again last season at least, if not this summer maybe?

I think he''s overated by manyon here. Personally I think he struggles physically and needs to learn to bustle and ''Holt'' it a bit more.

To be fair, he has been excellent, he has been poor - any one of you on this thread could be correct in which way his career goes as he clearly does have at the very least good footballing ability in there but then does he have the temperament and correct attitude to make it at the highest level?. Like Di has highlighted above, the fact he''s been kept on for years without actually really playing for Chelsea is a little bizarre - I suspect they''re hoping to loan then sell, in the hope he does half alright making his financial stock somewhat higher than what it is now.

Boro did try and sign him last season (in the summer and again in the winter windows) but Bamford said he wanted to go to a Premier League side instead of returning to the Championship. This summer they have signed Negredo and have Rhodes in reserve so not really in need of another striker.

When he was at Norwich he looked nervous and shot of confidence, which is too be expected after spending the first half of the season not playing and then having Pardew blast him openly in the media.

Bamford was never used to his best capacity in his time here.

He isnt an impact player and doesnt suit the lone striker profile

However if he started every game and was given the support on the pitch that has been evident in our early championship matches this season he will score bucket loads.

At Burnley I think he''ll be in a similar situation to the one here and at Palace. Gray is clearly first choice and Vokes is a tidy performer for them. He will struggle to get much game time and probably end up on another loan come January time. I won''t ever forget the way he wilted at Palace under the pressure of their fans. Think he may end up better suited to the championship where he can be the main man as he was at Boro.

[quote user="kick it off"]Not directly NCFC related but I know quite a few on here said they wouldn''t mind having him back here, so you can chalk him off your wishlists.

Shame it didn''t really work out for him last season, as he has got something about him that makes me think he''ll go full Harry Kane on the Prem sooner or later.

Good luck to the lad.[/quote]

You must be absolutely bonkers. The boy was the biggest waster to ever wear a Canary shirt and was an absolute disgrace.

With supporters like this, heaven help us....................