Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Players out/clue today?

First of all I want to say I think Alex Neil should be totally commended for his overall work in the transfer window since the turn of this year - I believe he''s signed us some very good quality players and is slowly but surely improving the squad no end. It''s clear that being a technically proficient player, a ''proper'' footballer, is very important to himself and I believe is what he deems necessary for the ''quick aggressive style with swagger'' kind of way that he wants our team to play. But transfer dealings lead me onto the point of this thread - not only has Alex signed some very very good players in my eyes, he should also be commended for the fact he''s so far managed to retain several key players that really shouldn''t be playing in the Championship i.e. Klose, Olsson, Brady etc. So what I want to know is do you folks think we''ll see the these final 5 or so days pass without incident, or will today''s team sheet at Birmingham suggest that maybe the club has received late interest for Brady etc after all? At the end of the day, if it''s going to happen, then it''s going to happen now. So fingers crossed we can get through these last few days intact (whilst moving on anybody regarded as deadwood), and Alex Neil can keep up his excellent work 👍

No speculation around Klose and Olsson is injured and what speculation there was around him seems to have receded.

Brady there is a possibility although again it''s all gone rather quiet and our price tag seems to have scared a few off. I''d prefer to keep him but by the same token he''s not irreplaceable if he goes save that whilst Olsson is injured he''s our only senior player at left back so if Olsson is out for very long then selling becomes a bigger risk.

I think our start to the season has really helped us here - Realistically the clubs likely to bid for Brady are the likes of Hull, Burnley, Palace etc who will almost certainly spend most of the season at the wrong end of the Premier League; I suspect the prospect of a promotion fight with us is more attractive than a second straight season of relegation battles with one of them. You only have to look at Newcastle and Villa, who haven''t had the greatest start to life at this level and have each seen several players head for the exit door in the past 10 days. We''ve looked good and we''ve not seen that happen. Unless a silly money bid comes in or Leicester revive their interest in Brady, I think they''ll stay.

Good points Andy, and I agree with you Jim - I don''t really think it''s the case but because I don''t know, I''m just hoping Olsson''s injury isn''t an ''injury'' if you get what I''m saying 😉 (I would guess that would only be the case if he actually shares the same view as his agent). But a good start has done us zero harm in retaining players, and I think the chance to win a title albeit in the Championship is still something that many players would still like to have on their CV at the end of the day. Adds weight to the thought that Alex Neil is highly regarded by his senior players and that they have confidence that we''ve maybe had to take a step back to take 2 forward 👍

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]I think our start to the season has really helped us here - Realistically the clubs likely to bid for Brady are the likes of Hull, Burnley, Palace etc who will almost certainly spend most of the season at the wrong end of the Premier League; I suspect the prospect of a promotion fight with us is more attractive than a second straight season of relegation battles with one of them. You only have to look at Newcastle and Villa, who haven''t had the greatest start to life at this level and have each seen several players head for the exit door in the past 10 days. We''ve looked good and we''ve not seen that happen. Unless a silly money bid comes in or Leicester revive their interest in Brady, I think they''ll stay.[/quote]

I agree, worth noting that it would be Brady''s third relegation fight in a row. Perhaps he too wants better than that?

Think maybe Wes has a little influence over Brady possibly. Wes, signing new contract a positive sign.

I agree re Wes, I think now the 2016 Euro dust has settled this is also a contributing factor. Brady did also say to a very genuine seeming fan not so long back that he wasn''t going anywhere so make of that what you will.

On another note, and not trying to build any more folks hopes up, but I see, interestingly, that Alex has said he''s hoping to get a ''few more'' in - if that''s the case then I can see the likes of Turner and Lafferty etc being moved on by the end of the transfer window.