Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Birmingham v Norwich City Match Thread/Chat

This is the team I think Alex play but if rumours are right that Jerome is injured, I guess it could be twitter nightmare boy Lafferty upfront?? I personally would be tempted to give Naismith a rest and play Jacob and maybe play Russ instead of Whitts but as Whitts did presser he''ll start

McGovern

Whittaker Bennett Klose Brady

Tettey Howson

Canos Wes Naismith

Jerome

1-2 to us

Whats your team and prediction?

''Twitter nightmare boy'' 😂

Think Jerome will start, and would like to see Canos start - might be a little tired from giving his all against Coventry the other night but at least he''s shown he''s got the engine for a high octane 90 mins which is pretty remarkable I''d say given the energy and enthusiasm he puts in. No score prediction as I think I''ll jinx the team, however it''d be great to go into the international break at the very least unbeaten, but nice to know we definitely have the quality to win this game, and by a few, we shall see 👍

[quote user="Diane"]This is the team I think Alex play but if rumours are right that Jerome is injured, I guess it could be twitter nightmare boy Lafferty upfront?? I personally would be tempted to give Naismith a rest and play Jacob and maybe play Russ instead of Whitts but as Whitts did presser he''ll start

McGovern

Whittaker Bennett Klose Brady

Tettey Howson

Canos Wes Naismith

Jerome

1-2 to us

Whats your team and prediction?[/quote]

Would go with that team, although I wonder if Mulumbu is going to feature more this season.I''ve got a good feeling about Brady today.  Could score a couple today if he is in the mood and with the space that will be created by others. A win by two clear goals.

Lakey - I forgot about Mulumbu tbh but will go with what I posted

Alex - Thought that would make you smile - well he does spend ages rt tweets from Rangers fans who want him there so obviously wants to leave lol

Team

TEAM: McGovern; Whittaker, Bennett, Klose, Brady; Tettey; Ja. Murphy, Howson (c), Hoolahan, Canos; Naismith.

SUBS: Jones (GK), Martin, Bassong, Mulumbu, Lafferty, Maddison, Jo. Murphy.

So Naismith upfront instead of injured Jerome, need to keep ball on grass today then

Bit of a kick in the nuts for Lafferty and confirmation if any needed that he''s on his way out, but Naismith up front spearheading the attack [:|] With Canós''s inclusion I reckon the attack is fine [Y] More concerned about Pinto being injured and Whittaker''s inclusion than Cameron being out. 

This goes to prove you need to get you transfer business done before season starts not just before 31st Aug !

Naismith should be dropped not starting upfront !

Excellent, the 4-6-0 makes another highly anticipated appearance. Don''t understand the point in having Lafferty on the bench with Ricky Van Naismith starting.

Where''s Pritchard, thought it was only a slight injury? Seems worse than that.

Where is the info coming from regarding Naismith as the lone striker? Is it the 4-2-3-1 again? That player selection to me suggest a 4-4-2 with Hoolahan on the left-wing, Canos on the other and Jacob Murphy up front with Naismith [:|]

What we as subliminal subordinate supporters must and should understand, is that July the 1st to August the 31st is actually insufficient time for NCFC to do any serious transfer business......For crying out loud, we only found out we were relegated mid-May......Some critics of the club need to get real!

I imagine Naismith will be playing as an out-and-out striker, not a false nine. Will be tasked with running in behind and looking to occupy Birmingham centre-backs rather than coming deep into attacking midfield zones. Not all midfielders who play up-front are false nines, sometimes they are just midfielders tasked with doing an unfamiliar job due to injuries etc.

[quote user="Jools"]Bit of a kick in the nuts for Lafferty and confirmation if any needed that he''s on his way out, but Naismith up front spearheading the attack [:|] With Canós''s inclusion I reckon the attack is fine [Y] More concerned about Pinto being injured and Whittaker''s inclusion than Cameron being out.  [/quote]Whitts is fine in this league. Don''t worry too much about him.(Praying to God that he doesn''t have a stinker[:D])

Haha Di, I kind of like Lafferty but that said his openness to return to Rangers won''t really endear himself to us City supporters! That said, I suppose you can''t knock the bloke for his honesty.

Interesting line up - when''s Jerome being sold then 😉😉

Well AN going with his old Scottish contingent shocker!

I''d have started with Laffs & Martin to be honest but then again I''m just an engineer so what do I know!

Last chance for Naismith before being benched?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]What we as subliminal subordinate supporters must and should understand, is that July the 1st to August the 31st is actually insufficient time for NCFC to do any serious transfer business......For crying out loud, we only found out we were relegated mid-May......Some critics of the club need to get real![/quote]
....and, in other headlines.....
  • "Chelsea transfer failures strange....."
  • "Wenger admits summer window failures at Arsenal..."

So Canos & Murphy on the flanks, which AN just had to remind them they were on the wrong wings [:O]WTF is the formation?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]What we as subliminal subordinate supporters must and should understand, is that July the 1st to August the 31st is actually insufficient time for NCFC to do any serious transfer business......For crying out loud, we only found out we were relegated mid-May......Some critics of the club need to get real![/quote]
  • "Chelsea transfer failures strange....."
  • "Wenger admits summer window failures at Arsenal..."
[/quote]That can''t be right, it''s only us that struggles with targetted players?!

•"Chelsea transfer failures strange....."

•"Wenger admits summer window failures at Arsenal..."

.......and, "Hilary to be US President".......