Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

10 games

Anyone remember Brentford at home a couple of seasons back? AN having no choice but to field a makeshift team and subsequently we were torn to shreds. The game itself only finished 2-1 but it easily could have been a lot worse.

After the match the reaction was met with mass-pant-wetting - myself included admittedly. But now, looking back and seeing how we reacted in the following fixtures; it seems immensely unfair have finger pointed and rashly blamed when many of the factors that affected us that day were out of anyone''s control.

Today''s game was really no different; nothing as drastic as Whitaker in midfield, but simply we were missing players across the whole pitch. Key players at that too.

No Olsson, Pinto, Jerome, Pritchard, Ruddy.. Naismith and Brady forced into less natural positions as a result, we were fighting a losing battle from the start so how much of the blame does AN deserve when our team is either missing or miss-playing 6 key players?

The answer is, in my opinion, not very much - the main questions I would have to ask him are;

- Why not start Lafferty up front with no Jerome?

- Surely Martin is a better option at RB than Whitaker?

How much of a difference these factors had on the performance/result we cannot be sure of, but IMO it''s much less significant than suffering so many injuries across the entire team.

Let''s give the players and AN a chance to see how they bounce back - they managed it after the Brentford game - so why should this be any different? The season is still very young and the top of the table echoes that; so let''s see where we are in 5 games time! We might even sign a striker!!

This is a fair and measured post Hank. But you must understand, it doesn''t have any place on here tonight!

I thought you were going to mention all the doom and gloom merchants who were saying before the start of the season that we''d hardly get a point from our first tough 10 games.

Katie Borkins wrote the following post at 27/08/2016 6:34 PM:

I am going to set myself on fire outside the Directors Entrance next home game as a protest.

Every cloud