Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

STILL nothing has changed

I posted the following two weeks ago and was hammered by the happy clappers.

So frustrating. Four games in and no change from last seasons mistakes:

1) We are still waiting too late for vital signings

2) AN unable to stick to a settled team/ too much tinkering

3) players signed but barely played

4) non performing players picked regardless

5) others unable to get a look in

6) strange team selections

7) zero ability to change games and show a plan B

So may I re-post it now and ask for comments?

Strikes me we have been going backwards since Bowkett left (we still havent been told why) The board is misfiring- AN still not being backed in the window and his mistakes still costing us.

Time for a change!

What unnecessary tinkering happened today? It seems to me that the changes were kind of forced and while the criticism for not playing Lafferty or Morris is understandable surely that would have been yet another change in match day personnel?  

I think Nutty, when managers try to fit square pegs into round holes it normally goes wrong, Doc, Russell etc at CF, Naismith is not only terrible, he bring his attitude to the rest of the team.

Wasn''t great and I''ve been saying this for 12 months AN isn''t a great young manager who motivates his players as they apear to still have last seasons mind set of not putting a shift in!

I tend to agree Indy. But surely sticking to as many of his regular starters as he could was the opposite of tinkering.

I didn''t go today but if we played the same system as if Jerome was up top then I reckon it was doomed to fail.

Same as last season when I dread the 2 0'' Clock announcement of the team sheet.

There always seems to be a strange decision regarding team selection thrown in.

As a manager he seems incapable of having a settled frame-work upon which the team can perform with all knowing their roles irrespective of injuries. There is no distinctive style of play, particularly in the goal getting department. It''s all a bit of a hotch-potch.

There''s also a bit of the well practised hokey-cokey team selection of in-out, in-out shake it all about.

Last week Mulumbu popped up out of the blue as a defensive measure, had a decent game but gets discarded this week. You lust cannot draw a straight line through his team selection strategy, it fluctuates all over the place.

For me, I''d love Moyes to take the hapless Steven Naismith out of our machinations and would happily accept £12m for Robbie Brady, who can be good but rarely seems to be.

The money for those two in the bank would be more useful than their combined efforts on the pitch, such as they have been for the latter half of last season and most games

Ten games in I''ve always said as time to judge. If we continue to flounder as we have done for the most part of this season then the manger loses my voice, for what it''s worth ..... and in reality nothing at all. We can all have an opinion though

I''m not against tinkering when it''s not working, arguably Whitts deserved the start based on his performance last week, but yet again, he''s proved to be a liability, so AN should have known this from his previous 18 months here. Would Martin done better, no!

Laffs is the only real striker we have with experience and should have started,my hats the tinkering needed, I truly believe Naismith is poison to the team, he''s very poor as a player and does nothing but whine at all the players, they aren''t going to respond to well to a player not bothered to give it his full 100 %.

I get the feeling the club has now got a gentlemens club feel to it, everyone either a friend of family at board lever, Scottish manager and coaching leaning towards too many players who might just be past their prime!

I don''t know Nutty but it''s not a great feeling at present.

I can take losing but when you''re best two players are the youngest it should tell you where the issue is!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]What unnecessary tinkering happened today? It seems to me that the changes were kind of forced and while the criticism for not playing Lafferty or Morris is understandable surely that would have been yet another change in match day personnel?  [/quote]

Well to be fair, just before kick off Jacob had lined up to play on the right hand side where he plays, and Neil made him and canos swap. So that''s tinkering and square pegs and round holes right there. If he wanted canos on the right then start Jacob who is a left sided midfielder.

[quote user="Mickdundee"][quote user="nutty nigel"]What unnecessary tinkering happened today? It seems to me that the changes were kind of forced and while the criticism for not playing Lafferty or Morris is understandable surely that would have been yet another change in match day personnel?  [/quote]

Well to be fair, just before kick off Jacob had lined up to play on the right hand side where he plays, and Neil made him and canos swap. So that''s tinkering and square pegs and round holes right there. If he wanted canos on the right then start Jacob who is a left sided midfielder.[/quote]

Josh obviously

I guess if Martin, who is a reserve centre half had played in front of Whitts who''s a reserve right back that would have been another square peg in a round hole Indy.

As for a gentleman''s club? I don''t get the inference of that. We lost and people will blame whoever they usually do.

I think we lost because of three had mistakes and the lack of decent cover for Jerome. The players are responsible for the mistakes but it''s hard to know who''s responsible for lack of decen5 cover for Jerome.

Not playing a striker today was criminally negligent he had lafferty on the bench he should have started.

Naismith is ineffective and he has not signed a striker in 3 months

Taxi for Neil

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I guess if Martin, who is a reserve centre half had played in front of Whitts who''s a reserve right back that would have been another square peg in a round hole Indy.

As for a gentleman''s club? I don''t get the inference of that. We lost and people will blame whoever they usually do.

I think we lost because of three had mistakes and the lack of decent cover for Jerome. The players are responsible for the mistakes but it''s hard to know who''s responsible for lack of decen5 cover for Jerome.[/quote]

Im not sure you can say Martin is a CB, even those qualified say he''s one of the best right backs in this league, but I stand by Whitts, he did have a decent half against the binners!

Agree that we lost because we played utter rubbish, but that''s been like that for a large percentage of the football this season, and almost all of last season, so questions are being rightly asked if AN is the man for us, given we could go after Steve Bruce.

I know we won''t see eye to eye on the board, but knowing Bowkett im sad that he went, how he went and who has replaced him. Also the dynamic nature of McNally like him or not has been lost to a very average replacement on paper in Moxy.

Still it''s only our own opinions on here so I can respect your views.

A few beers in tonight I feel a little more acceptant of a poor day for our club!

But it''s obvious the manager doesn''t rate Lafferty. He didn''t sign him and obviously doesn''t want him. However much you rate Lafferty the manager quite plainly doesn''t.

That was for YC Indy.

To reply to your post Martin is part of the squad as a cb. He wears the 5 shirt. He played beside bassong on Tuesday and plays there for Scotland. Whether you think he''s a cb or not it''s obvious his club and country do.

We''re guessing about the board. Bowkett was part of last summer''s window but he''s not been part of the last two where it appears the shackles have started to come off. Not saying last summer was down to him but the change came when he left. Having said that saying we are outside the loop would be a massive understatement. We don''t have a clue..

AN seems to have a high need to ''be right'' & at times that can be his undoing. Today he could''ve swallowed his pride & played Lafferty for the sake of the club - particularly as 3 valuable points were on offer to help us get back to the Prem.

Regardless of any superstar strikers he hopes to sign, the game is always played in the moment - not next week. His team selection today did not seem not in the best interest of Norwich City FC & I find that concerning...