Sign in to follow this  
Baywing

Cricketers Arms

It''s all boarded up so does not look much like an undertakers

The door was open a few months ago and I could see that the bar was still in place and seemed to be some works going on. Would be good if it re opened

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/what_is_happening_to_boarded_up_pub_in_queens_road_norwich_1_972800

Closed in 2011 and hasn''t seen any life since as far as I know!

I make it three pubs are are talking about on here. The Cricketers Rest on Queens Road, The Cricketers Arms on the corner of Lindley Street and of course The Cricketers Arms 10 minutes from Birmingham City FC. [*-)][8-)]

I was talking about the Cricketers Arms on the corner of Lindley St and City Rd, the boarded up pub is the Cricketers Rest which is on the corner of Hall Rd and Queens Rd. My comment was tongue in cheek as the OP did not say which Cricketers Rest. As an aside I see the Roti Indian/Bangledeshi restaurant is looking rather sorry for itself, trying to think what the pub on that site was called......

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]I was talking about the Cricketers Arms on the corner of Lindley St and City Rd, the boarded up pub is the Cricketers Rest which is on the corner of Hall Rd and Queens Rd. My comment was tongue in cheek as the OP did not say which Cricketers Rest. As an aside I see the Roti Indian/Bangledeshi restaurant is looking rather sorry for itself, trying to think what the pub on that site was called......[/quote]The New Inn, Finklegate.

Thanks Tilly, old age meant I just could not remember the name of the place. Used to be loads of pubs in a short distance of each other, a few still exist, from memory there was - Cricketers Arms, Morning Star, Cherry Tree, Southwell Arms, Kings Arms, Freemasons Arms, Cricketers Rest, The New Inn, Horse and Dray (Used to be the Dart Inn), Berstrete Gates, Pheasant Cock and Rose Tavern

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Thanks Tilly, old age meant I just could not remember the name of the place. Used to be loads of pubs in a short distance of each other, a few still exist, from memory there was - Cricketers Arms, Morning Star, Cherry Tree, Southwell Arms, Kings Arms, Freemasons Arms, Cricketers Rest, The New Inn, Horse and Dray (Used to be the Dart Inn), Berstrete Gates, Pheasant Cock and Rose Tavern[/quote]Pubs in crisis.

I was referring to the Cricketers Arms (as thread title suggests)

Used to be directly opposite the supermarket which was behind the away supporters enclosure....must be 10 yrs since I was last at St Andrews !

Take the same result this trip though.....if I recall correctly we won 1-0 with Jason Shackell scoring the only goal midway through the second half.

So the question remains where are we drinking Saturday Lunchtme ?

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Thanks Tilly, old age meant I just could not remember the name of the place. Used to be loads of pubs in a short distance of each other, a few still exist, from memory there was - Cricketers Arms, Morning Star, Cherry Tree, Southwell Arms, Kings Arms, Freemasons Arms, Cricketers Rest, The New Inn, Horse and Dray (Used to be the Dart Inn), Berstrete Gates, Pheasant Cock and Rose Tavern[/quote]The Crown on Goldwell Road.

I personally will be drinking at Sprowston Cricket Club watching Mr Sutton Jnr''

well the good news is its alive and kicking !!

Not as busy as it was on previous visit but served its purpose pre match !