Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Time will tell

Alex has time on his side as it would be unusual for norwich to sack a manager so soon.There are many clubs who would have sacked him at the end of last season.That said I believe he is a good manager who is still learning.Should this be at ncfc cost is the board judgement. They run the club and over the years have done a good job keeping the club financial sound.Time will tell if Neil is to become the best.

Agree we all accept he was/is young and naive....after promotion it was suggested he could have done with another season in the chumps to learn some more !

The issue is he doesnt seem to be learning quickly enough....

he seems very reactive rather than proactive.

Obviously we all question team selection and players utilized in positions unfamiliar or not suited to them.

The tippy tappy football is beautiful when it works unfortunately 90% of the time we cant make a simple short pass stick and far to often when we counter we slow play down and lose momentum......

Obviously its early days this season and I hear the comparison''s made to the starts of Villa and Newcastle or even Burnley and Boro last year....and yes I accept you dont win promotion in August or Sept.

However you can certainly lose it !

[quote user="Baywing"]Agree we all accept he was/is young and naive....after promotion it was suggested he could have done with another season in the chumps to learn some more !

The issue is he doesnt seem to be learning quickly enough....

he seems very reactive rather than proactive.

Obviously we all question team selection and players utilized in positions unfamiliar or not suited to them.

The tippy tappy football is beautiful when it works unfortunately 90% of the time we cant make a simple short pass stick and far to often when we counter we slow play down and lose momentum......

Obviously its early days this season and I hear the comparison''s made to the starts of Villa and Newcastle or even Burnley and Boro last year....and yes I accept you dont win promotion in August or Sept.

However you can certainly lose it ![/quote]

Burnley after 5 games last season W2 D2 L1 - 8 pointsMiddlesboro after 5 games last season W2 D2 L1 - 8 pointsNewcastle this season have already lost twice and have 1 more point than usAston Villa have also lost twice and have 3 less points than us8 points at this stage last season would have put us in 6th

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Time will tell.... But I think yesterday''s result is a blessing in disguise.

I think it''s the wake up call AN needs. If he gets a full squad and consistently picks his strongest team we''ll do alright.[/quote]But he doesn''t pick his strongest team..................he picks his favourites, and shoehorns others into unfamiliar positions.  Other than Blackburn, who are a weak side, we have been no more than average in the league.  We can''t go on blaming AN''s inexperience and a few injuries, we''re supposed to have squad depth for this league.

I''ve decided this morning that after all the years of following City, I Connor influence the manager, I won''t have any say at board level, modern day players are just mercenaries just lining their own pockets and moaning on here just lets out our frustrations.

I''ll be handing over my season tickets to family for the next two games as I''ve just booked a last minute holiday, so will be glad to be missing a few games!

On my return when we play the mighty Burton Albion, with two holding midfielders and one striker and Naismith starting, I will just stand there and shake my head!

I''ll still be here (I hope otherwise I''ll be dead) once there''s a new board, new manager or new players, this is just part of the new style super rich owners and tinpot clubs being bought by them like Bournemouth and Southampton.

Burnley after 5 games last season W2 D2 L1 - 8 points

Middlesboro after 5 games last season W2 D2 L1 - 8 points

Did any of them have that apparent walkover at Blackburn as their opening game?

In the same way that that result there for us was a false dawn I would now hope that this Brum result is a wake up call.

Dont quite understand all you said there Indy, i hope you enjoy your holiday though. If you were saying  you are leaving the forums for a long time, then will miss your contributions, regular  long term contributors are always missed.

No I''m saying that I''ve become a victor meldrew on here and there''s bigger all I can do about it! So what''s the point getting angry on something we can''t control, I don''t do that in my normal life, I''m chilled like an ice lolly!

So I''m not going to lose my rag any more........just have fun.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Are you going on honeymoon with Feed the Wolf Indy?[/quote]

I cannot deny it anymore I''m his better half!

Nah not going anywhere as exotic, I''m Harding to Lakeys part of the world in Keswick! I have a few big hills I want to do!

Bloody predictive text and sausage fingers don''t work on an

iPad!

Heading off not Harding but who knows?

Think its going to have a lot to do with Jez Moxey, will he sit back if we are floundering ? will he want to be seen by the board as being a decisive leader who wants his own appointment in the hot seat ? personally think he will give him to November, but do feel AN may not get such an easy ride going forward (and i consider myself an AN supporter) results will be everything with Mr Moxey.

Haha Indy, have a good break.

I too think AN will get until November. It would be odd to let him have these players, notably the younger ones, and not be given the chance to gel them as a team.

But too many performances like yesterday and he''ll be toast.

He''s been dining out on the goodwill he got from that amazing championship run, however it feels like it is beginning to run out. A lot of people have made the point that it is the first loss of the season but the performance is more of a worry- there is a pattern in us being too easy to defend against and struggling to break down organised, hardworking teams. We''ve got 3 winnable home games along with a tough trip to Forest in the next few weeks. Many more performances like yesterday and I fear the crowd will begin to turn.

First defeat of the season granted BUT take out the thumping we gave Blackburn and whats left ?

we have managed just 2 goals in the other 4 games and apart from 20 minutes at Ipswich and 45 against Bristol have looked way off the quality team we should be given our embarrassment of riches

Lets be honest injuries apart the 11 players that took to the field yesterday most managers in this league would be happy to accomadate them alln well OK except Whittikar ;)