Sign in to follow this  
pete

Poor team selection its endemic

Not just the baffling square peg selection policy of Alex Neil.

Not since the appointment of McNally and the Lambert era the club has made poor selections in most areas.

In managers Hughton, Adams and now Neil have proved to be impotent in selecting and setting up teams with any success.

The coaching since the days of Culverhouse has been poor, Irvine''s effectiveness remains to be seen but hasn''t started well. Even the kids and the U 21''s/ U 23''s coaching and results has been poor since the Youth Cup exploits.

On to recruitment not since Lambert astute recruitment in Div 1, Championship and first season back in PL and our raids on Leeds Utd have we bought with any success. Ewan Chester a supposed shrewd cookie who came with Hughton brought us RVW and Hooper, a blunder that has affected City purchasing ever since. Now the ineffective Darnborough who failed at Burnley is working with Tony Spearing with little noticeable impact. Klose apart we are now stuck with the expensive flop that is Naismith.

Boardroom Fry did little to publicise the club. Delia and MWJ happy to see the club drift between obscurity and the occasional flirt with PL. Losing McNally and the other chap who sorted the finances was criminal. Moxey remains an unknown factor will be critical in sacking Neil sooner than later. And the boy Smith nepotism lives in Norwich.

I doubt a multi millionaire would continue to make poor managerial errors not the way he/she made their millions, however see Venky''s Fernandez Tan etc. One required urgently at City.

It''s nice to see that after a good night''s sleep pete has woken up refreshed and invigorated for the day ahead.It''s cloudy outside, looks like rain.

The board has been a joke for years, you cannot tell me there has not been interest from potential buyers, the cook just does not want to let go, while she can put her red wine through the books she is happy for us to be mediocre. They take your money then take the p i s s, charge the earth for refreshments. I have been a season ticket holder for years and will continue to be, and i go to support my team not the people running the club.

Sorry forgot about the odious Ed Balls another Delia strange appointment. Fuzzar thanks for your supportive post obviously being a happy clapper isn''t so tough until reality bites when will tat be maybe never for the HC''s. Supporting City now that is tough.

But supporting City just isn''t working for you pete. I only want you to be happy.

[quote user="pliff"]The board has been a joke for years, you cannot tell me there has not been interest from potential buyers, the cook just does not want to let go, while she can put her red wine through the books she is happy for us to be mediocre. They take your money then take the p i s s, charge the earth for refreshments. I have been a season ticket holder for years and will continue to be, and i go to support my team not the people running the club.[/quote]

We are told that The Smiths have £2m invested in the club.

Well, if I had £2m and could use it to take full control of a club that is now debt free and worth, what, £60m? Owns the ground, Colney etc. Sounds like a bargain. And where doe the £60m go? To the people who paid £2m for the shares. Not a bad investment, eh!

[quote user="Grumpy Old Blogger"]Well, if I had £2m and could use it to take full control of a club that is now debt free and worth, what, £60m? Owns the ground, Colney etc. Sounds like a bargain. And where doe the £60m go? To the people who paid £2m for the shares. Not a bad investment, eh![/quote]Except you can''t because there isn''t a single club in the world out there worth 60mil that you could buy for 2mil.Tell you what, you go get 2mil, then ''invest'' it into a Champioship/League 1 side, turn them around and make them worth 60mil and THEN you can have a pop at our owners, but until then you don''t have a f**king clue what you''re talking about.

[quote user="Grumpy Old Blogger"]We are told that The Smiths have £2m invested in the club.

Well, if I had £2m and could use it to take full control of a club that is now debt free and worth, what, £60m? Owns the ground, Colney etc. Sounds like a bargain. And where doe the £60m go? To the people who paid £2m for the shares. Not a bad investment, eh![/quote]I bet you believe in Santa and the tooth fairies. [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Grumpy Old Blogger"]We are told that The Smiths have £2m invested in the club.

Well, if I had £2m and could use it to take full control of a club that is now debt free and worth, what, £60m? Owns the ground, Colney etc. Sounds like a bargain. And where doe the £60m go? To the people who paid £2m for the shares. Not a bad investment, eh![/quote]I bet you believe in Santa and the tooth fairies. [:S][/quote]Have we just purely by chance stumbled onto how much Watling walleted ?

[quote user="Grumpy Old Blogger"] We are told that The Smiths have £2m invested in the club.

Well, if I had £2m and could use it to take full control of a club that is now debt free and worth, what, £60m? Owns the ground, Colney etc. Sounds like a bargain. And where doe the £60m go? To the people who paid £2m for the shares. Not a bad investment, eh![/quote]I don''t know who told you that, but the true figure for how much they have put into the club over the years is probably at least five or six times that. And if they sold up they would only get just over half of that £60m, assuming - which is a big assumption - someone was willing to pay that much. And that is without putting a price on nearly two decades of unpaid effort running/owning the club.

Out of all the people Purple, you''ve been through all the accounts throughout the years, you''ll have the info to hand.

As far as I can recall since 1996, DS & MWJ, paid in something like 2&1/2 million, then there was another 600k loan which was turned into shares then a 3 million + pound loan which might have been repaid by the club.

It might be more as I don''t have all the accounts available, maybe you could shed more light on actual figures through the years to put this to bed!

[quote user="Indy"]Out of all the people Purple, you''ve been through all the accounts throughout the years, you''ll have the info to hand.

As far as I can recall since 1996, DS & MWJ, paid in something like 2&1/2 million, then there was another 600k loan which was turned into shares then a 3 million + pound loan which might have been repaid by the club.

It might be more as I don''t have all the accounts available, maybe you could shed more light on actual figures through the years to put this to bed![/quote]I don''t have the accounts going back anything like far enough to be sure, Indy. The rough figure Smith and Jones have given in the past is, from memory, around £10m-£12m, and I trust them to be honest about that. Apart from anything else someone with all the accounts presumably could work it out (bearing in mind there is also the question of how much they paid Watling for his shares, and, yes, I know that money went to Watling rather than the club).But, truthfully, how much hardly matters. The one accusation you cannot throw at Smith and Jones is that they have used the club to make themselves rich. Far from it. However much they have put in it has been a high proportion of their personal wealth. My suspicion is that as a percentage of personal wealth their contribution to NCFC must be among the very highest of all the owners we have seen come and go in English football.

No doubt about that Purple, I heard them say that figure too, but I thought 3 million of that was a loan, again not sure but I thought that was repaid when we got promoted under Lambert?

Anyhow who care 8 million or 12 million all they have out of the club is high profile advertising, everyone knows Delias Norwich City and without selling the club they won''t get any financial return.

Thanks Purple.