Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

What would you do in AN's shoes now?

With 3 days of window remaininng, assuming Oliveira is a done deal (assuming!) would you keep going with the targets (assuming this is Okaka) in the hope you now get them done?

Or would you have the balls to go to the Board and say they were prepared to pay £10m+ for MC, but the Birmingham game showed how little firepower we have, so stump up the same (or more) to try and secure someone with the proven record like Rhodes (or Ings etc even on loan)

We all assume AN does have the balls (& humility) to drop Naysmith (or better still sell him) and tell him to pull his socks up and play with passion, else he''ll remain a benchwarmer!

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I would log on to this forum and tell you that you''re a bunch of pantwetters[/quote]

Don''t know wtf you are but if this is all you can say stay off this forum!

AN needs to go to the board and get them to back him - he would need to work on his Dragoons Den Presentation to get their buy in.

Naismith - AN needs to get tough on him. He done nothing since coming (as stated by many on here, which I agree with) and needs to step up.

Or he could resign if he fails with the board and with Naismith!!!

FF its a sensible question, nothing to do with Pantwetters. We assume Oliveira will sign in next day or so.

Concerned by links to Valencia, who hasn''t scored for WH since Jan!!!!

Possible links to Okaka and Rhodes.NCFC are great at keeping things behind close door. We''ll wait until xfer window clsoes as we do every window, with expectations high, and realism sending a more depressing verdict.

If we fail to secure any more transfers it will be great to see how we fair with Naysmith piling in the goals!!!!

Samwam, I know nothing about Okaka, and the links with him and Rhodes to me just come from someone posting that they think we should try to sign them. Next thing you know others latch onto it and think we''re genuinely after them when we''re not. I don''t care if it''s a " marquee " signing or not, as long as they fit in and improve the team. I''m sure there will be plenty of people noaning if we don''t have another striker on come Thursday morning along with Oliveira, but let''s not forget the loan window is open for longer. I think we will get someone else in.

How about just sitting back and trying to enjoy the roller coaster that is NCFC?

I would like to think he doesn''t plan on just signing a few more players and think that will be enough - the issues are far bigger than that

He needs to look at himself & sit down with his backroom staff. He needs to figure out whats going on with the players we have, why tactics & team selections are frequently going wrong & how he can guide us through it & turn us into a team that looks like we can win promotion

@FenwayFrank

No loan window this year what you end the transfer window with is who you roll with

unless I have read it wrong

it should make for a manic night

what time does the window shut last year the summer one was 6pm but the winter was 11 ish

:What would you do in AN''s shoes now?"

Roll around on a bed of money, kiss my photo of McNally, check Whittaker and Naismith have still got photos of me with that hooker from Brundall, and phone Neil Adams for some counselling.

I don''t know what I''d do if I were in AN''s shoes but if I were making decisions I''d have several things I''d be looking at.1. Offer to drive Ricky Van Naismith to any club that is even remotely interested in paying his wages.2. Look to sign at least 1 more striker, in addition to Nelson. Preferably someone very different from the big mobile lads we have already to give us the option of playing a different formation and style of play. Of course ideally this should have been sorted at the start of pre-season so as to give the squad plenty of time to get their heads round plan b (and even possibly c).3. I would be looking to get a new left back through the door as quick as possible, 2 if Olsson wants out as is the rumor, so that Brady can be moved further up the field where he is more effective. I''d be looking at players like Luke Garbutt, Jake Bidwell, Scott Malone or Joe Bennett.4. If I was going to play Jerome or Nelson upfront on their own I would look to play wingers with pace. Either of the Murphy''s, Brady or Canos would be fine. I''d want players that can get to the bye line and put in a cross.5. I would move Wes into the hole, behind a central striker instead of playing him out on the right wing.6. I would sit down and have a chat with Lafferty and see if he really wants to be here. If he doesn''t, offer him to Rangers.7. I would resist picking Steven Whittaker for the rest of the season, unless I have no other player available to play at right back.8. Finally, I would pick a starting 11 for the Cardiff game and stick with them for the next 4 or 5 games (barring injuries) to give them a chance to gel and see where we are after that.

I would leave now

but i would say its not because i am out of my depth

i would spin to the media that the board are not backing me