Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Lafferty at it again

There have been various Norwich players over the years who have quite been good enough, but their hard work and professionalism has earnt them their chance when needed. Recent examples I can think of are Simon Lappin and Wilbraham. I''m sure their professionalism sat well with the manager too. I love a good underdog with the right attitude.

And then we have Laffefty. So unprofessional it hurts. Attacking fans on Twitter. Retweeting criticism of the manager. His international manager even said that he''s a nightmare to manage, and that''s only a few times a year - can you imagine what he must be like day-to-day during a season? (The Palermo owner reportedly couldn''t wait to get shot)

I just can''t get behind a man like this, he comes across as an egotist clown, and to be perfectly honest he''s not that good anyway. Look at his career - he''s been around a bit and never settled and his goal return in below average in some poor leagues.

Why some Norwich fans idolise him I''ll never know, I can''t wait to see him go.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]There have been various Norwich players over the years who have quite been good enough, but their hard work and professionalism has earnt them their chance when needed. Recent examples I can think of are Simon Lappin and Wilbraham. I''m sure their professionalism sat well with the manager too. I love a good underdog with the right attitude.

And then we have Laffefty. So unprofessional it hurts. Attacking fans on Twitter. Retweeting criticism of the manager. His international manager even said that he''s a nightmare to manage, and that''s only a few times a year - can you imagine what he must be like day-to-day during a season? (The Palermo owner reportedly couldn''t wait to get shot)

I just can''t get behind a man like this, he comes across as an egotist clown, and to be perfectly honest he''s not that good anyway. Look at his career - he''s been around a bit and never settled and his goal return in below average in some poor leagues.

Why some Norwich fans idolise him I''ll never know, I can''t wait to see him go.[/quote]

Regardless of all that, he is still a Norwich player, he is still a forward and he SHOULD have started yesterday.

It defies belief that against Ipswich we have no wingers and struggle to get the ball into Jerome, yet against Birmingham we play with 2 wingers yet have nobody to get the ball into. No wonder he want out so much.

I recently spoke to a friend who has contact with some of the players. He suggested that the issues between Lafferty and Neil go back to Neil''s playing days in Scotland when they got into an altercation during a Rangers - Hamilton game. He also said that there is a clip of it on youtube, but after much searching for it I have not been able to find it so can''t post a link to the video, anyone seen it?

He seemed certain that it was with Lafferty, but like I said I can''t find this clip so he may have got his players mixed up. And as there are several threads slating Ricky Van Naismith there''s no need to start on this one. :)

IBT it was definitely Naismith AN had the altercation with, what some people won''t realise Scotland is quite small in terms of the football community, and Lafferty when he was up there everyone knew his business off the pitch and his behaviour at times was atrocious, i suspect AN would be more than aware of that, and while its possible he doesn''t play him because he is carp, he will also be only too aware of his antics when up there.

Pretty sure this explains why we''ve not got rid of him yet - Nobody wants to sign Lafferty because he''s an obnoxious, thoroughly unprofessional ar$ehole of a human being. Does he have a right to feel aggreived about AN''s tactical choices this week? Maybe. Does he have the right to react like this on Twitter? No. I very much hope he the club throw the book at him for this.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]Pretty sure this explains why we''ve not got rid of him yet - Nobody wants to sign Lafferty because he''s an obnoxious, thoroughly unprofessional ar$ehole of a human being. Does he have a right to feel aggreived about AN''s tactical choices this week? Maybe. Does he have the right to react like this on Twitter? No. I very much hope he the club throw the book at him for this.[/quote]If Lafferty goes to Cardiff, it''ll be interesting to see how he fairs there and how Trollope handles his roguish ways [:|]

You don''t have to go very far to find out about Lafferty''s off the field antics - I''m not surprised he is unprofessional on twitter, I felt he was in front of the camera at the Euro''s as well.

Talking of the Euro''s, he was crap. He''s got a reputation for scoring at international level - and I''m sick of hearing it from fans and pundits alike. Who did they play in their qualifiers?

Faroe Islands, Finland, Greece, Hungary and Romania. Now, Romania and Greece have been good in the past, but you are talking ten years ago at least. Very different beasts now. The other teams are far from quality laden either. So he has a reputation in some eyes based upon scoring at international level against pretty poor opposition.

That''s not to say he isn''t good enough. But I suspect he isn''t putting in the hard work off the pitch that would see him started. Personally, if that''s the case then surely Morris would have been as good a shout as any. Tell him to get on that pitch and bruise the Brum defense.

Which is another point, how long was Laffs at Brum and how many games did he start? They clearly still want him right?

If we are genuinely interested in Gunnarson, why not offer some sort of trade? I think we could do with another physical presence in midfield. Allow Howson to be more attacking and to offer competition to Tettey?

Would mean we have Howson and Dorrans who are ball players first and foremost, then Tettey, Gunnarson and Mulumbu.

Spot on Lessingham. It was Naismith and the picture has been posted on here. You have to be careful with "in the know" info. Sometimes all is not what it seems...

[quote user="Dead Canary"]Thought the altercation clip was with Naismith.[/quote]Image result for alex neil

[quote] user="Iwan''s Big Toe"]I recently spoke to a friend who has contact with some of the players. He suggested that the issues between Lafferty and Neil go back to Neil''s playing days in Scotland when they got into an altercation during a Rangers - Hamilton game. He also said that there is a clip of it on youtube, but after much searching for it I have not been able to find it so can''t post a link to the video, anyone seen it?

[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJzX35sgqK4

This is the clip, the player who makes the initial foul is Lafferty (Rangers no. 11). It hardly seems something that warrant a grudge.

Wasn''t that the same incident? It was nothing until Naismith kicked the ball at Alex Neil to produce the handbags...

Nigel, I agree. I was trying to say that. If AN can forgive and forget the Naismith incident then he''s not going to let the trip cause a grudge.Lafferty''s problems seem self inflicted, his time keeping is reported as very poor and his international manager commented that he is a fool to himself most of the time.

I think Lafferty''s quite fortunate that the frustrations about signing strikers seem to have resulted in fan''s support for him rather than anything he''s actually done to warrant it. 
If he''d earned the support he could have become a cult hero for us. Everybody loves a bad boy turned good. Just watch your soaps.....[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Image result for alex neil naismith

Couple of big girls blouses...
[/quote]

Pity they both don''t go back to Scotland and take the Pie Man with them

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I think Lafferty''s quite fortunate that the frustrations about signing strikers seem to have resulted in fan''s support for him rather than anything he''s actually done to warrant it. 
If he''d earned the support he could have become a cult hero for us. Everybody loves a bad boy turned good. Just watch your soaps.....[;)]
[/quote]How the f*ck does a footballer earn the respect of  supporters when one isn''t given playing time, Nigel?If he''s been out of favour for being so disruptive, surely it''s been the managers job to say get rid asap - regardless of the relatively small costs to the club.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]Nigel, I agree. I was trying to say that. If AN can forgive and forget the Naismith incident then he''s not going to let the trip cause a grudge.Lafferty''s problems seem self inflicted, his time keeping is reported as very poor and his international manager commented that he is a fool to himself most of the time.

[/quote]Yet both Michael O''Neill & Alexis have persisted with him -- what gives? [:|]

Calm yourself down Jools. I know its that Curly Wurly time of night but even so buddy....

I can only comment on what I see. If you haven''t seen enough of him to form an opinion then you probably don''t have one.