Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Lafferty at it again

Retweeting anti AN posts

Abusing ncfc fans on twitter

Blocking fans who disagree

Name calling etc

I get that the guy is angry for not starting... especially seeing as AN went for Naismith over him... but attacking fans again is not the way forward.

He hardly set the world alight when he came on. Surely he will be gone by the end of window.

Its in his best interests to leave. Having scored in midweek, if he cant bag a starting place in yesterdays'' team when we had no other striker option then something is wrong.

I''ve seen the twitter posts and clearly what Lafferty has done is totally unprofessional and he should know much better.

However, I do have some sympathy for him. He''s played well on Tuesday night and scored, albeit against a very poor Coventry side. He''s been challenged by Neil to keep it going and then he doesn''t get a chance to start the game on Saturday, despite us having no other recognised centre forward.

I''m not saying Lafferty is the answer (far from it) but if you aren''t going to play him in this situation (when we have nothing else) then there is literally no point in him being at the club drawing a wage. You might as well let him go on a free transfer and allow another club to take on his wages.

At least then you''ve also removed a deeply unhappy player from the training ground. It''s an utterly ridiculous situation which Neil should never have allowed to have got to this stage.

Lafferty''s Twitter antics will not be lost on City Angel 😉. Sounds like he''s forcing his move through to me. We missed Jerome yesterday whoever was up top for us - fingers crossed on Oliveira and A.n.other with Jerome back after the international break, a much much healthier out look!

He needs to leave the club asap. As mentioned, he clearly has no future here which is fair enough, he isn''t good enough, and he isn''t even being selected when we have no other striker available.

Not the way to impress AN but scoring isn''t the answer either. Desperately wants to end this nightmare can you blame him new manager to build confidence urgently needed. An international striker not many of those at City.

Not a Lafferty fan by any means but I think he has had a raw deal. Yesterday playing Naismith was a mistake but having Lafferty on the bench was taking the mickey out of the player.

Something most definitely wrong at this club going back to the Bowkett and McNally affairs.

Whilst not wishing to condone such actions by Lafferty, perhaps, just perhaps it indicates there is something dreadfully wrong within the club and current set up. Just looking at the way Naismith, Brady and one or two more played yesterday suggests all is not well! And I would go as far to say that the club captain isn''t too chuffed either!

Yesterday''s team selection was perhaps one move too far against Lafferty.

He''s probably been put in a position where he now feels he has nothing to lose at this point. AN must take some responsibility for this, if he feels Lafferty is not good enough to start even when you have no strikers, get him out of the club. Don''t start him against Coventry, start Morris. Badly handled.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Whilst not wishing to condone such actions by Lafferty, perhaps, just perhaps it indicates there is something dreadfully wrong within the club and current set up. Just looking at the way Naismith, Brady and one or two more played yesterday suggests all is not well! And I would go as far to say that the club captain isn''t too chuffed either!

Yesterday''s team selection was perhaps one move too far against Lafferty.[/quote]

Is this sarcasm? One players gets the ''ump and it means there''s something not just wrong, but ''dreadfully'' wrong? Ok not an amazing start to the season but 1 loss out of 5, is that dreadfully wrong?

I agree Lafferty should feel aggrieved and I don''t like the way AN seems to be thinking and then selecting the starting 11 but let''s not get carried away and condemn the club to relegation just yet.

As soon as I heard that Jerome might be missing yesterday my thought were that the inclusion of Kyle Lafferty might go some way towards settling the various debates surrounding the player.

This was his big chance, albeit on the ground where he failed to particularly impress last season on loan with just one goal from six appearances.

I had assumed that AN would start with the same team as last week with Mulumbu in as an extra defensive precaution and Lafferty replacing Jerome.

He had after all used KL in the mid-week cup game so it seemed, with some reluctance, obvious to me.

No. This is the tinkerman. Out went Mulumbu, in came two young wingers and the non-striking Naismith was used as a centre forward.

I am puzzled by the twists and turns of current managerial reasoning so no wonder KL is angry.

Besides, why hasn''t he been on his bike ages ago? Does no one want the troublesome Ulsterman?

Think the Coventry game was one last roll of the dice to put him in the shop window rather than play him into the first team myself, although not so long back I did think he may have got his stay of execution. Given his previous, and he undeniably has plenty, logic tells me he''s probably not as innocent in all this as some would want you to believe. He often comes across as disruptive and a bit of a loose cannon publicly, I would therefore surmise that Alex Neil has probably seen more than we''ll ever know behind closed doors, but hey, I could be wrong, he maybe an absolute angel and a delight to work with. Get rid - pronto.

Not talking about relegation, with this squad and the support they receive we should not be doing things on the cheap. AN had no idea of his best side all last season and nothing has changed. We always seem to wait till the last minute to bring players in. AN knew after the playoffs he needed a centre back and did nothing till January

Like others have said there is no point paying lafferty''s wages if you field a team with no striker

i do not think lafferty helps himself with his outspoken tweets and his pranks

i would not have such a player in my team but if he is here you have to use him when needed

He can leave any time he wants to, I`m sure the club would be happy to cancel his contract.Why are you still here Lafferty, if you want away then just bugger off.

He is one of these players who likes to pick up a wage for a couple of games a year playing international football and training

He will join someone else and the same thing will happen there

he reminds me of players that are injured for 2 years of a 3 year contract then play well to get another then injured for 2 years again

There is a reason he doesn''t stick around anywhere very long. The President of Palermo described him as someone who is ''out of control'', ''never trains'' and is ''off the rails.'' Is it a great shock he''s turned out to be a bit of knob.

Fiery Zac wrote the following post at 2016-08-28 2:21 PM

City 2nd wrote >Whilst not wishing to condone such actions by Lafferty, perhaps, just perhaps it indicates there is something dreadfully wrong within the club and current set up. Just looking at the way Naismith, Brady and one or two more played yesterday suggests all is not well! And I would go as far to say that the club captain isn''t too chuffed either!

Yesterday''s team selection was perhaps one move too far against Lafferty.

Is this sarcasm? One players gets the ''ump and it means there''s something not just wrong, but ''dreadfully'' wrong? Ok not an amazing start to the season but 1 loss out of 5, is that dreadfully wrong?

I agree Lafferty should feel aggrieved and I don''t like the way AN seems to be thinking and then selecting the starting 11 but let''s not get carried away and condemn the club to relegation just yet.

Did I suggest that one win from 5 was dreadfully wrong? Did I even suggest that one player had the hump? No. What I suggested was that while I do not condone Lafferty sounding off, maybe he had a right too. The other point I was making was that from the matches I have seen as a season ticket holder, and those I have travelled away too, that the body language of certainly two players in Brady and Naismith, and their performances, indicate they are far from happy. Add to that list Martin, who is now not even first choice over Whittaker, a player who could not make the team last season due to his inept performances which have continued this season, a player initially they were talking of letting go before surprising everyone by giving not only him, but Turner, contract extensions. And have I condemned the club to relegation? No I didn''t, you did that. What I am suggesting is that there is no motivation, consistency or tactical nous coming from the manager and his staff, so it''s hardly surprising that players like Lafferty are affected!

This is nothing new from Lafferty, every club he has been at hs ended in some sort of drama / nonsense around either his behaviour or him being dropped.

Yesterday was poor all round the team didn''t turn up, looked disorganised and i certainly put that firmly at AN''s door, But Lafferty is simply not good enough, and contributes massively to his own downfall, imo.

Although you can feel his frustration it''s not professional and his best bet is to take it directly to AN behind closed doors.

Never mind just way of the new world it''s all on social media....

With his antics at previous clubs it makes me wonder how he ended up here in the first place as we allegedly do our homework before buying players. In fairness that cannot be laid at AN''s door.

Not defending him or anything, but looking at his account he wrote on Tuesday -

"Great to get on pitch tonight. Reception was unbelievable so thank you. Only wish I get more time to play infront of such amazing fans #otbc

Two sides to every story, I think.

Well, he could be playing alongside Pilkington and leading the Cardiff line in our next game. Ironies of ironies. In talks!

[quote user="Alejandra"]what was it that he wrote?[/quote][url=https://twitter.com/LaffK/status/769661606422835200]https://twitter.com/LaffK/status/769661606422835200[/url][url=https://twitter.com/LaffK/status/769709876771713024]https://twitter.com/LaffK/status/769709876771713024[/url]