Sign in to follow this  
Iwans teeth

Jérôme Onguéné

Rob Butler likes the sound of his own voice if you go on Radio Norfolk he will shout you down likes to think he knows everything

Plenty on Twitter about this and at least 1 close up photograph confirming it was him. 18yr old French U21 international with pace and ability. Would be an excellent signing, probably cameo roles this year, and break into the 1st team next year. I also heard a rumour that R.Martin may be off. This would kind of make sense.

Just looked him up on Wiki, as you do, and it came up with the following

"Jérôme Junior Onguéné (born 22 December 1997) is a Cameroon-born French footballer who currently plays for Norwich City in the EFL Championship after joining for an undisclosed fee on 15th August 2016."

Seems like a useful signing (if true) but not the striker we all wish for.

Seems a good signing to me plenty of potential defence looks good yesterday but needed depth, it''s a long season. Just a striker would do me (maybe one perm one loan)

Got to love Wiki contributors who jump the gun and write stuff thats far from factual. Anyway, if J.J. does sign for City it could be a big coup as the lad has so much talent, and continues ANs policy of signing young talent, which im personally  getting excited about as he builds a team to call his own.Just one thing Alex, how about strikers?

Psssssst, not sure if you''ve heard but we need a striker 😴😴😴

No sh1t Sherlock, we know 😂

As for the French lad in defence, personally I think it''d be great news though not sure he''ll sign...

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]We should sign him just for the canary call pronounciation lottery.[/quote]While we''re at it we may as well sign Atdhe Nuhiu, a Sheff Wed sub yesterday.That would make for some spectacular cock-ups in the shirt printing dept too......

There was a chap sitting on the back row of the directors box who those around me said was a striker for Chicago Fire, David something or other.

No that wasn''t Accam that was Onguéné. There was 3 or 4 pics of him going round last night, one of those being the one in the directors box.

Surely a centre back will be off. Personally rather keep Martin over Bassong.

[quote user="Move Klose"]No that wasn''t Accam that was Onguéné. There was 3 or 4 pics of him going round last night, one of those being the one in the directors box.

Surely a centre back will be off. Personally rather keep Martin over Bassong.[/quote]If any CB is first out the door id imagine would be Turner. If this young lad is signed then Bassong could well help him bed in and feel part of the surroundings as both are Cameroon.

It''s all well and good signing all of these prospects but if Neil doesn''t sign a striker soon, he won''t be here to see them flourish!

Could be another one with great potential, can you imagine if all these youngesters hit form like Fergies Fledglings?

Would be a great signing if it comes off.

[quote user="djc"]Awaits counter-bid from Dr Dik of Aston Villa.....[/quote]

You just know it''s coming 😂. Fortunately I heard he was so impressed with the booing last night from the ''proper fans'' like Whistleblower and Mello Yello that he couldn''t wait to be a part of it and signed on the dotted line immediately 👍

Does anyone seriously believe booing or not will affect his decision as to join us or not? The money and how we can help him to develop as a player will be more important to him.

No one knows if he will turn out to be a good acquisition or not, but one things certain, we do need to strengthen the defence [Y]

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Does anyone seriously believe booing or not will affect his decision as to join us or not? The money and how we can help him to develop as a player will be more important to him.[/quote]

It very much depends, but on a young man, from abroad, at the start of his professional career who realistically knows he has a fair few mistakes to make before he is the more complete article - yes, I would say it does.

Someone a tad older who has seen it and experienced it already - maybe not.

I think it is incredibly naive to think that if a prospective player turns up to see a game to help him experience the so called "atmosphere" and a full stadium to convince him, then witnesses an acidic atmosphere of vitriol directed at the club by the fans, I would think it would make them think twice.

There have been various examples at different clubs over the years of this happening. You wouldn''t want to sign for an unsettled club.

I''m not saying that yesterday was so bad to be classed as this. But I do think it could impact negatively, definitely, especially on such a young player.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]Does anyone seriously believe booing or not will affect his decision as to join us or not? The money and how we can help him to develop as a player will be more important to him.[/quote]

It very much depends, but on a young man, from abroad, at the start of his professional career who realistically knows he has a fair few mistakes to make before he is the more complete article - yes, I would say it does.

Someone a tad older who has seen it and experienced it already - maybe not.

I think it is incredibly naive to think that if a prospective player turns up to see a game to help him experience the so called "atmosphere" and a full stadium to convince him, then witnesses an acidic atmosphere of vitriol directed at the club by the fans, I would think it would make them think twice.

There have been various examples at different clubs over the years of this happening. You wouldn''t want to sign for an unsettled club.

I''m not saying that yesterday was so bad to be classed as this. But I do think it could impact negatively, definitely, especially on such a young player.[/quote]Seriously!! [:O] If a young footballer is put off by fan hostilities I reckon he''s chosen the wrong career [:|]I know from experience that unfriendly reactions from supporters can more often than not cause players to aspire to do better.If one is worth their salt as a footballer it doesn''t take much to rise above fans indignation and win their support [Y]

Alex wrote.......

You just know it''s coming 😂. Fortunately I heard he was so impressed with the booing last night from the ''proper fans'' like Whistleblower and Mello Yello that he couldn''t wait to be a part of it and signed on the dotted line immediately.

I stated I didn''t boo, perhaps you should read the posts carefully before you attempt to be sarcastic and vilify individuals.......eh?

As we know, this now non-mystery guest was Onguene and not David Accam.

This being said, after the Chicago game tonight, Accam gave his boots to a fan in the crowd and did a solo mini lap of the pitch. Food for thought, perhaps.