Sign in to follow this  

A fair point.

Slightly interesting that Bassong kept Murphy quieter last time around than Klose did the other day.

What I found strange about this potential transfer is that you would have thought that Newcastle would be in the market for the names bandied about on here (Rhodes, McCormack etc) unless they have recognised that playing in the Championship you need the option of a big old blunt instrument up front....... but then they have Mitrovic who is big, good in the air but with much more technical ability than Murphy........

Newcastle need a target man to bring the best out of Gayle/Perez. Murphy is a solid, experienced Championship striker who can act as a battering ram who doesn''t get sent off every 5 games. I''d expect Mitrovic to leave if I''m honest.

peculiar signing for Newcastle to want that donkey?.

providing Mitrovic is staying, I''d back him and Gayle to get 50 goals between them this season.

Can only see Murphy as cover for Mitrovic when he''d serving his fairly frequent suspensions?

Apparently it was nearer £3 with no add-ons which leaves the binmen disappointed as some expected twice as much.

However they now have riches beyond their wildest dreams as McCarthy has now been promised full funds to replace the player by the little fat, known to tell porkies, front man for Marcus Evans whose name I cannot recall.

McCarthy has already touted various McNally''s Irish bars for a like for like replacement but without luck. The club''s advert in the Dublin Evening News led to nothing as well.

He has now gone for the German equivalent and rumours are that Hans Biergarten from Hoofballen F.C. is now the favourite with a price tag of some ten thousand Euros.

The deal is dependent upon the Pound not falling any more against the Euro in the time between the player passing his blood test and signing the contract.

So how long was it between when you first heard that Newcastle were interested in Murphy and the news that he had actually signed?

24 hours? Maybe 48 hours at most?

Just amazing that a club can target a goal-scoring striker and then sign him in such a short space of time.

There was me thinking that these ''striker deals'' took at least four weeks to complete.....