Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Alternatives to Channel 5 Highlights show?

Anyone know a good highlights package/show for the championship other than channel 5? I''ve just had a look online and theres plenty of sites showing each game for around a minutes worth of highlights. But any show with commentary analysis, even foreign coverage?

[quote user="KiwiScot"]Anyone know a good highlights package/show for the championship other than channel 5? I''ve just had a look online and theres plenty of sites showing each game for around a minutes worth of highlights. But any show with commentary analysis, even foreign coverage?[/quote]Don''t know of any, but Blackburn managed to put the whole of our match with them on their Blackburn Player.  If they can do it, I don''t see why we can''t do that too.  It would be fantastic to have that facility after each match. You have to be patient and wait for a day or two, but it is well worth it.  The lack of coverage and ability to see proper extended highlights (say 20 minutes) a day or two after, is something of a scandal imo. The filming of the matches is always done, so why it is so difficult to be able to see proper highlights, or even a whole match well after the event, is a mystery. Fans would pay good money for a decent highlights package. 

I just buy canaries player and watch the full matches on the oppositions website. The Wednesday and Bristol full games are up on their sites as well, it only seems to be us that only shows highlights.

Even so, 10 minutes of highlights is much better than anything else you''ll get

I don''t get why our own website is so poor at covering our games - plenty of sides screen their preseason matches for free (we don''t - it''s always from the opposition - even Peterborough did it) and usually have the whole match available alongside highlights on the ''player'' - I imagine we will if/when we win today but probably not otherwise. As a remote supporter (but still s/t holder) I still pay for the ncfc coverage but it is extremely ordinary and their seems to be as much on the YouTube account (if not the highlights but they are always gettable elsewhere).

Maybe we could think of alternative things to do instead of watching that awfull programme.

Adam Virgo has the personality of a wardrobe.

That''s being harsh on a wardrobe, some have quite a bit of character!

I watched the C5 programme last year and have always preferred League highlights to PL on motd even when we''re there, but have missed it so far this season other than the pisspoor effort at showing our game on the opening weekend.

He looks like a wardrobe too, certainly plenty of timber on him!

Sky do a run through of the Championship goals after the 5:30 kickoff has finished.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]http://www.socceryou.com/en/full-match.php?competition=9&match=179337[/quote]Could not get that to work. Just said video unavailable.

[quote user="The young canary"]I would go to the game itself. No rubbish presenters, you don''t get highlights and best of all you support the team[/quote]Whatever are you on about Waveney? With the introduction of the amazing revolving big screen at Carrow Road, of course you get highlights (just as long as you don''t have a season ticket in the upper Barclay).

Microwaving your own testicles whilst Mike Tyson has free reign to hit you for 30 minutes solid is an alternative.
And probably less painful, too.