Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

As many of you know...

I''ve had a bit of inside knowledge over the last couple of years that''s been proved to be correct. Unfortunately, my inside knowledge this time around has frustrated me, if true. Nelson Oliveira will likely be our only signing before Wednesday with as many as three players due to leave the club. Those players are Brady, Bassong and Lafferty.

I''m hopefully of bringing in two strikers but very frustrating of Olivera is the best we can do after all this time.

Very happy to trade Bassong (unreliable and surplus to requirements) and Lafferty (useless and a massive tw@) for Oliveira; Brady going and nobody else in would be a massive blow.

Let''s hope a last-minute deal or two gets done on Wednesday... All these players arriving means there will certainly be several top-flight players missing out on the 25-man squads and we''d likely be an attractive last-minute move for some of them.

I hope you are not suggesting in a roundabout way that Oliveria will not be signed until we sell ? That won''t sit well with some on this forum.

I''m painfully aware of your previous (correct) info Rowdy. [:$]Everything you''ve stated this time seems reasonable but let''s hope it''s not the full story. [:)]

I have heard from my contact at the club and it is certainly different news from yours. We have Oliviera, another loan striker from the UK and another midfielder coming in.

Thanks Row D always Nice to hear bits and pieces keep up the good work !!

i was told the day after we went down that meetings were held

Redmond 1st out the door ,Klose Staying ,

Bassong had no future here after mistakes last season

i hope you carry on sharing info i got slated when i shared mine !!

Bassong isn''t surplus to requirements if it means there''s a chance that Martin comes in at CB. If we''re letting him go I hope we''ve got proper cover coming in.

[quote user="nu_matik"]I have heard from my contact at the club and it is certainly different news from yours. We have Oliviera, another loan striker from the UK and another midfielder coming in.[/quote]Another midfielder FFS .............Really ? [:@]

Nothing would surprise me after watching the clubs dealing during the last few transfer windows. I wouldn''t even be all that shocked to see Lafferty leave and the Oliviera deal fall through at the last minute, leaving us with just Jerome and Morris as strikers at the club.

We''ve had all window to sort out our striker issues and it''s embarrassing we''ve got to this point without being in a better position.

I think we''ll keep all our current players, but wouldn''t be surprised if we do flop.

Well this provides an opertunity to have a good moan, if it turns out to be true the I will be incandescent with rage.

IBT, sadly I think you could be right. I honestly thought we couldnt have a worse transfer window than last year but looks like we''re going to gazump that stat. Id love to know how many professional clubs have just TWO strikers on their books that are first teamers. Just beggars belief.

[quote user="Spillay"]IBT, sadly I think you could be right. I honestly thought we couldnt have a worse transfer window than last year but looks like we''re going to gazump that stat. Id love to know how many professional clubs have just TWO strikers on their books that are first teamders. Just beggars belief.[/quote]

This could be another run on the pitch and chuck your season ticket at the manager moment, or even better climb up to the directors box and launch it at Delia

[quote user="sgncfc"]Mbokani is coming back so all will be well......[/quote]

I would take Mbokani in a heartbeat, imagine him up top in this league with Hoolahan/Canos/Pritchard/Murphy(s) buzzing around him after he continually wins the balls in the air

If the OP is right and Onguéné also comes in, that''d be alright. Laffs and Bass are dead wood on high wages, Brady we always thought was likely to leave anyway (hence Pritchard being seen by some as his replacement), and there''s always the possibility of a good loan striker along the lines of James Wilson or Tammy Abraham. Might leave us weak at LB, especially with Olsson''s injury record, but swapping Bassong for Onguéné and Oliveira for Lafferty with a loan striker too would be acceptable. Signing another good striker on a permanent deal would represent a successful outcome to a rather unsatisfactory situation.