Sign in to follow this  
The young canary

Officially time to pant wet

[quote user="jb"][quote user="nu_matik"]At this rate we could well be regulated to the old second division.[/quote]

Aren''t we already in the old second division?[/quote]

I''m talking bout the old old old second division where we belong!

Clubs in crisis and so are the pies.

[quote user="The young canary"]Others clubs manage it but it is perplexing how we can''t manage it.

Scouts, CEOs,manager come and go but the constant in all of this failure is the Stowmarket 2. How long will it take people to waken up and smell the coffee[/quote]

Ah now this is what I call a proper post!

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote] user="It''s Character Forming"]Anyone would think this "signing a striker " business is a bit more difficult than ordering leather, for example.[/quote]

It no more difficult than buying a replacement light bulb, in the good old days it was simple, now it''s a endless round of options on brightness, fitting etc. And then you''re just about to buy the bulb/fitting you want but the seller has to decide whether or not they want to sell to you then the bloke next to you offers more for the one you want and you''re back to square one.

Imagine what it would be like if there was a light bulb buying window!

[/quote]

I''m surprised the words ''Waveney'' and ''bulb'' haven''t been seen in the same thread before.

Especially without the words ''is a massive'' sandwiched between them.

I don''t know, at least he doesn''t (seem to) take himself too seriously, unlike some of the more miserable or up themselves trolls on here. Who I won''t name as it''s all about the passive aggression for me.

[quote user="The young canary"]2 days to go and the adult nappy is fully loaded[/quote]Indeed. i saw Sonyc said 4 days ago Oliveira would be unveiled on Monday, here we are, Monday almost over, just over 48 hrs to go and despite what Alex said at the weekend, also the local  media, the actual silence officially from the club is deafening. Sadly i said way back at end of May although  strikers were our  absolute priority, i fully expected to see  the club fail to bring in anyone in early, if at all, i dont know why, but its as sure as eggs are eggs.Anyway! lets hope at Oliveira at least does get signed, as for a 2nd striker, i think more chance of snow in July...think Laffs  will stay then, out of necessity.

I''m prepared to give the club the benefit of the doubt that today''s a bank holiday as to why the Oliveira signing hasnt been announced .....as we''re now 60 hours after Neil said "it will be done in the next 24 hours"........and despite it not stopping numerous other transfers being announced today.

Still holding out for a Rhodes or MBokani.

will lower my expectations for Oliviera,

will take N''Doye if nothing else at 11.15pm on Wednesday.

or will we be scrathing around even further???

...I''ll have a guess at Chuba Akpom on a season long loan....announced 15 mins after the window closes

The longer this Oliviera thing drags on, the more I worry he doesn''t really want to come here and is holding out for a last minute better offer.

To be fair, we''ve had all summer to get any striker in. It''s just totally amateur by the club leaving it to the last 2 days. A joke to be honest.

Villa have apparently had a £20m bid rejected for Hulls'' Hernandez!!

At least they''re going for it. We can''t even get Olive branch over the finishing line!

I must admit, I have been ''going commando'' since the opening of the transfer window.......No pant-wetting from me, no soireee!

I am concerned that our 75% ''almost signed striker'' hasn''t reached the upper echelons of a 99.9% certified NCFC striker......Still no announcement at this moment in time......?

Get it sorted......!

Aston Villa are in advanced talks with Bristol City striker Jonathan Kodjia in a deal that could rise to £15million. 

Hull

and Derby are also chasing a player who is hot property, having scored

20 goals last season and is expected to leave the Championship side in

the next 24 hours.

And Villa have failed to land Hull''s Abel

Hernandez. Agreement was reached with Hull but the move fell through

over Hernandez''s personal terms.

Even Villa have limits when it comes to ''personal terms''.

The most ridiculous thing about this all is a group of (mostly I''m assuming) adults behaving like petulant brats and then stomping their feet when they don''t get their own way (as if they ever had any kind of control over the situation to begin with).

I mean, IT''S ALL JUST SO UNFAIR!

There, there, my wee petals, not long to wait now.

Apples

Another ridiculous thing Apples is that people suggest Neil "should have got the business done early" or "shouldn''t have left it until the last two days", as if the club wouldn''t have attempted to do just that.

I''m guessing these folk, like the rest of us, have absolutely no idea what it takes to land a transfer target. Not like Alex can just take his BarclayCard into the "top striker" shop and pay by contactless is it?!

@Ian

It also seems like the people running our club aren''t sure how to land a transfer target. Other clubs seemed to have managed to do this oh-so-impossible task and strengthen their strike forces while we''ve failed.

I''m amazed some seem to think fans are ''spoiled brats'' for wanting our club to do it''s best to perform in this league. I''d understand if we had a full and functioning squad and fans were just crying out for another shiny bauble to put on the tree but their not. We have one actual striker that the manager wants to play on the books and he is injured. It really isn''t whining or stamping our feet to say it''s pretty shocking this hasn''t been addressed.

Core Mr Apples, that''s peel unfair! Not everyone''s a mature, sensible, patient and accepting apple like you are.......

You do seem a Happy Clapple Apple......You can always tell those who pith you off, that they''re just a load of Cox and to juice go away!

[quote user="king canary"]@Ian

It also seems like the people running our club aren''t sure how to land a transfer target.[/quote]

I supppose the ones they have signed we''re just lucky.

Seems pretty clear that a top proven striker in this league with age on their side is going to cost us £15 million. I can''t see us doing that.

King Canary.

Firstly, the criticism isn''t really that valid until the window actually closes. Secondly, those that have done business have either also lost huge numbers of players and/or have spent ridiculous money (which we don''t have) landing players. I seem to recall QPR trying something similar and it not ending too well for them.

That said, I may have missed something, but the only strikers I have seen move to clubs in this division, that I feel would really have improved the squad are Gayle, McCormack and Vydra. We all know the McCormack story (and he''s confirmed recently that he turned us down, despite the board having a bid accepted), and I don''t see any evidence that Neil is still particularly interested in the other two.

If we fail to really strengthen by the end of the window, then I think the board will be in for some well-warranted criticism, but it''s obvious that the standard of player we are interested in just simply isn''t easy to sign, and players in that bracket will surely tend to wait for any and all offers throughout the window. It''s a valid criticism of how the transfer window is set up IMO.

To put it another way, would you truly have been happy with spending huge money and smashing our wage cap for McCormack? What about signing a 33 year-old Daryl Murphy for three to four million?

Totally agree we don''t have the numbers up-front, and it is a worry, but hardly something we can solve by just rushing out and signing anyone. My only concern is that we don''t have the luxury of the "emergency" loan window any more (I don''t think), so there''s a good chance we might end up having to play Lafferty anyway...