Sign in to follow this  
The young canary

Officially time to pant wet

Since the middle of May we have needed a couple of strikers

25th August yes the 25th August and still no sign of one and I don''t believe for a second we are even putting serious effort into getting one. We should remember there are thousands of them across Europe so it''s not a hard one

This is what will stop us going up automatically and put in doubt even going up via the playoffs

Officially now time to pant wet. This is the official pant wetting thread.

Time to join me in soiling. Off you go!

I personally think we need up to 4 midfielders, 2 CB, a right and left back and probably 3 strikers with CJ and Lafferty now both set to leave. This leaves us light in every area and it''s not good enough

It is now two years to the month since we signed Camerone Jerome from Stoke for £1.5 million who was the last striker we signed for a transfer fee and could call our own. All those since have been return to sender at the end of a loan !

Others clubs manage it but it is perplexing how we can''t manage it.

Scouts, CEOs,manager come and go but the constant in all of this failure is the Stowmarket 2. How long will it take people to waken up and smell the coffee

[quote] user="It''s Character Forming"]Anyone would think this "signing a striker " business is a bit more difficult than ordering leather, for example.[/quote]

It no more difficult than buying a replacement light bulb, in the good old days it was simple, now it''s a endless round of options on brightness, fitting etc. And then you''re just about to buy the bulb/fitting you want but the seller has to decide whether or not they want to sell to you then the bloke next to you offers more for the one you want and you''re back to square one.

Imagine what it would be like if there was a light bulb buying window!

Could become even more difficult if Newcastle start looking for another Striker due to injuries.

We will miss out yet again if don''t sort this summer transfer shambles out soon for a striker.

These things work both ways - clubs like ourselves feel we are running out of options as the deadline gets closer, however, players are also in a similar position.

As their options dry up they have to make a decision and run with it. A lot of players will hold out for a Prem club as that''s where everyone wants to be. As a club that has dropped down from the Prem it does make things more difficult, however, players will see us as a ''best chance'' to play in the Prem if they can''t get with a Prem side now. So whilst we might have to wait a few days, it might mean we end up with someone of extra quality, rather then being rash and going for someone else

Like people say, buying strikers can be a tricky business. It''s a bit more difficult than buying midfielders for example.1st you have to go in with a derisory offer that no one in their right mind would accept. Then you must baulk at the counter offer made by the selling club and follow up by increasing your initial offer by small increments at a time. Then if you some how miraculously manage to come to an agreement with the selling club we come to step 2. This involves taking your time showing your prospective striker around the facilities at your training complex and give them a chance to sample the atmosphere by taking them to a home game (hoping of course that a small section of the crowd do not take it upon themselves to boo at the end of a poor performance because that would be a deal breaker for any potential signing). Once you have wasted valuable time showing the player the sights and sounds of the football club you must cross your fingers that another club from the same division hasn''t taken the opportunity to come to promptly come to an agreement with their club and agent, thus scuppering your chances of him signing. After this you take them for a nice meal that has been prepared in the majority shareholder''s own personal restaurant at the ground. Work through the details and fine print with their representative and then, just as they are about to sign, introduce them to the manager who doesn''t fancy the look of them and cancels the deal at the last minute (a la Joaquim Larrivey). You then repeat this process as you move on to your next target.

I remember going to sporting dinner where the main speaker was John Bond, he told us how he was about to buy a striker, the deal was sorted out they were just waiting for the player to sign when he got a call from another manager telling him not to wait as they had done a deal and he wasn''t coming to Norwich.

The other manager was Bobby Robson and the player was Paul Mariner.

[quote user="The young canary"]This is the official pant wetting thread.

Time to join me in soiling. Off you go![/quote]We need an official pant wetting petition and this is as good a place as any.I''ll start..............lappinitup / Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / What Crisis?  / Even Keel  / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Lowestoft Canary / Hopeful Canary / Valley Canary / Lilo Lill / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom / Hector Prune / Harry Kidd / Alexander the Great / Toby Juggs / Norwich Crazy / Canary Fest / Canary Dogg / Stiflers Mom / Guy Burgess / Sir Anthony Blunt / Miss Bum Bum / Talented Canary / e / Canary Legend / Trawling canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley (2) / Dave from Lowestoft / Stylish Canary / Earl of the Carra / Disco Dale / Prince of Darkness / Jinky Jim / Billy the Kid / Covert Canary / Eaton Ron  / Prolific Canary / Captain Canary / Canary World / Hector the Canary / The Bishop / Tiffani Banisters big city tips / Lord Nelson/ The Wise Shepherd / Victor Romanov / Wilfred Grimsdale / Canary Gigolo / Loyal Canary / Hull Canary / Mr Sausage / Punting Canary / The young canary /[<:o)]

[quote user="The young canary"]A very good summary big toe[/quote]He forgot the part of when we manage to sign someone they will either be injured or unfit so we don''t get to see them for about ten more games.

those of a nervous disposition should look to stock up on Tena Man, its gonna a be another going down to the wire. I hear they are available in a wide range of sizes and absorbancy levels for all levels of anxiety and sizes, meeting niche fetish desires too.

I remain confident that we will make the signings we need and there is plenty of time yet. It wont be until tea time on the 31st without a further striker that I will start to get anxious.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]I remember going to sporting dinner where the main speaker was John Bond, he told us how he was about to buy a striker, the deal was sorted out they were just waiting for the player to sign when he got a call from another manager telling him not to wait as they had done a deal and he wasn''t coming to Norwich.

The other manager was Bobby Robson and the player was Paul Mariner.[/quote]

Interesting story, you forgot to finish with .... and the rest is history. I was left musing as to why a gentleman like Bobby Robson would phone John Bond to tell him the bad news. How did he break the news I wonder. It couldn''t have been "Breaking news, John, Mariner preferred to sign for us so there. Get over it" I guess we''ll never know.

[quote user="nu_matik"]At this rate we could well be regulated to the old second division.[/quote]

Aren''t we already in the old second division?

Still time to relax. Oliveira will be unveiled Monday and ANO on deadline day (but not the 11.30 kind of McNally days). That is my confident prediction.

....and now it''s Idrissa Sylla linked from Anderlecht. This must be at least striker number 12 we have been linked with in this window ( Neil talked of 300!)

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Sylla wil score a lorra lorra goals[/quote][:D]

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Sylla wil score a lorra lorra goals[/quote]

We could make up a song or two.

Sylla signing would be a surprise surprise.

Not even a blind date would see us signing Sylla.

Sylla had a career ending header (sorry, pretty awful joke to make, in bad taste)

His nickname is Waddle, due to his style of play! If he''s as good as him sign him up now!